Chapter 17: Smashing Faces is Not Nice

The High School Tyrant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jiwoo!”

I snapped my head up at the sound of someone calling my name and my eyes fell on Donghyuk standing outside of my homeroom, frantically waving for me to come over. 

Gee, Mr. Dramatic is already here. 

What is it? The end of the day bell just only rung and he already made it to my homeroom. I sighed before making my way over while shrugging my backpack on. “Did you lose your way?“ Before I could even get an answer to my question, Donghyuk had already grabbed my arm and made me run with him down the hallway. “Donghyuk –“

“Sanghee.” That was the only word he provided and I stared at him in confusion as we stopped in front of the bathroom. Sounds of banging and screeching voices sounded off from inside and before I could even ask what was going on, I found myself pushed inside the women’s bathroom.

Oh no. 

The sight that welcomed me was enough to tell me that I should run. It seems I had interrupted something.

Something physical.

Like, as in a fight.

And, I’m sure it’s already obvious but I’m no good in a fight. What do I exactly do? I pressed my lips together in thought before clasping my hands behind my back. “So, uh – what’s going on here…?” I inhaled a breath and waited. 

Sanghee and Big and her friends were facing off beside the sinks. I’ve never seen Sanghee so angry than at this moment right here and it looks like she really was at her breaking point…I apologize for underestimating it earlier.

“Good thing you’re here, Jiwoo. I need help in smashing her face!” Sanghee screams loudly before I ran forward to stop her from doing what she intended to do – smashing the girl’s face in. 

“Sanghee, lets not do that.” I hugged her from behind while she tried to free herself in order to launch towards Big .

“Tell me one good reason why I shouldn’t.” Sanghee gritted her teeth and fought harder.

“Well –“ In response, I gripped tighter. “ – It’s not very nice…”

“You’re crazy if you think I’ll let you touch this face.” Big continued to taunt Sanghee.

Really. That’s a bad move. Because Sanghee is crazy and she will touch her face. Hard. I struggled to keep my hold of Sanghee as she tried to go after Big . 

“Why not? Anything done to it would make it look better.” Sanghee doesn’t hesitate to call out. 

“Ugh! You !” Big shrieked and Sanghee pushed me off of her before reaching for Big Tit’s hair. They thrashed around and attempted to grab everything they could get their hands on.

After getting knocked down by scary Sanghee, I stared up in horror from the ground at the event unfolding before me. Why did Donghyuk think for a second I could do anything to remedy this situation? I am the most useless person he could have found. I was no match against Sanghee and Big on a normal day…what made him think I would be when both were at their craziest?

Like, at this very moment. 

I focused back, jumped up from the ground to break up the catfight and end up getting smacked in the process. 

Oh my God.

I was shoved aside as the side of my face throbbed while I held it with both of my hands. 

Normal high school year, goodbye. 

And hello, bright red face.

“Don’t you dare touch my face!”

Then, how dare she touched mine? Let’s give each other the same treatment now. The place on my cheek burned where Big Tit’s hand had made contact with but I ignored it when I heard another one of Sanghee’s loud yells.

“I’m about to mess that up!”

“No, no, don’t mess any up.” Against my better judgment, I tried to intercept again. I placed my arms in between the two, trying my best to not bother with the harsh hits against my arm and head. “You’re messing up both of your faces!” I scream and it gets both of them to stop for a moment to take a breather.  

I caught my breath as I stared between the two. 

What did I do to deserve this? 

Their hair was a mess from all the grabbing and their makeup was smeared across their cheeks. God, if they look like that…how the hell do I look? “Are you two done?” I didn’t bother to check myself. It’s not like it would be a pretty image anyway.

“Not until I smash her face!” Sanghee charged before I stepped in again.

“Sanghee, stop making me do things that I don’t usually do.” I emphasized. Like being a mediator – being a fixer, if you will. If it weren’t for Sanghee, I would have ditched already. Getting caught up in fights weren’t my thing. “And in addition, you can’t smash faces, okay? The hand isn’t strong enough to –“

“Oh, I’ll show you just how strong I am!” Sanghee pushed against my body and Big came from behind me to meet her. 

“Let me see you do it!” Big joined in and I found myself staring at her two friends on the side and one thought crossed my mind.

Damn, are they smart or what?

Why the hell am I stuck - literally between the two - with this job of trying to stop them when Big Tit’s posse was just watching Sanghee and their friend go at it.

“Stop…stop…stop…” I found myself swatting hands away and pushing bodies apart.

This isn’t working. 

I’m going to do what I’m best at. We’re running away. 

I grabbed Sanghee’s arm and while ignoring her attempts to stay at the scene of the battlefield, I pulled her out to meet the other students who were curious of the questionable noises coming from the women’s bathroom.

“God, what happened to you two?” Donghyuk followed after us as I dragged Sanghee down the hallway. “Sanghee, are you okay?” 

I’m not one to think about such things, but what about me? 

“Jiwoo, let me go. I haven’t –“ She struggled against my grip. “Smashed –“

I suddenly stop in my steps before facing her. “If you say ‘smash her face in’ one more time, I will hit you.” I think we did enough smashing for one day. And, I took most of the smashing, if I were to be honest. 

“Jiwoo, we can’t let her walk all over us!” 

“Us?” And, doesn’t this conversation sound familiar. Sounds like when Sanghee wanted to stand up to Hanbin and Mino in the beginning of the school year. And, it stills sound like a bad idea to me. But then again, it would never sound like a good idea to someone like me. 

“Yeah, you don’t think I don’t know about them harassing you?” Sanghee remarks as she crosses her arms across her messy uniform – again, thanks to Big . I was speechless at Sanghee’s reveal. “Yeah, I know even if you don’t tell me.”

She knew more than I thought.

“So, Jiwoo. We need to do something about it. We can’t sit around and keep taking it!” 

“Sanghee, I’m not much of a fighter. My personality matches more with a pacifist.” So, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter