Slack-jawed deer

Coffee Shop Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Slack-jawed DEER”

 

          I always sleep during my first class since this week started.

“Mr. Luhan, what’s with being tardy this week, you always sleep at my class. Might as well never come for an attendance.” Mr. Anderson our foreigner teacher who teaches Management scolded me this morning.

“I’m so sorry Sir, I won’t sleep anymore in your classes again.” I apologized for my behavior recently. Sleeping during class time is so not me.

“Well, you better keep your words Mr. Luhan.” He patted me with his book.

 

As soon as my last class ended I immediately ran outside and hailed a cab.

I hope Dara’s still at my house. I’ve been trying to go home as soon as possible since Tuesday. I don’t know what they were doing at my house while I’m gone, Noona never told me and I never asked.

All I care is that she’s at my house, there on my couch.

Hahaha! I laughed in my mind.

But every time I get home, they’re already gone and noona would come home midnight and I am deep sleeping.

I hope they’re still at home right now.

When I arrived I immediately handed the fare and run to the door and typed the passcode.

When it opened, I ran to the living room and what’s in there just disappointed me more, there was only the mess they left.

I threw myself on the couch, “What a day!”

I haven’t seen her since the day Xiumin introduced her to me. Xiumin even gave her number to me when he was leaving for China saying I should be friends with her while I’m here. But how should I start texting her? Aishh!

 

Noona came home earlier today. She arrived past eight.

“Noona, why are you back early?” I asked her when she went out of the bathroom.

“My photo shoots ended yesterday.” she dried her hair using the electric fan.

“Uh, so you had a photo shoot. How about the friends you always brought here while I’m gone?” I was careful to choose how I would ask.

“Hmm, when we’re done here they also have some personal work they have to tend to.”

“Ahh.” Should I ask now? What does Dara do?

“You’re friend Dara, what does she do?” god! It slipped out of my mouth.

Noona stopped and looked at me, raising her right brow, I gulped.

“Why are you asking about her?” she looked back at the fan and continued drying her hair.

“I. . um, I. . I was. . just curious.” Cold sweats formed on my forehead.

“Nothing. She just spend her free time on a coffee shop she liked hanging out to.” She said without blinking.

“Ahhh.” Was it on my hangout place too? I’ve never seen her there though. But I only go there on mornings now since I always go straight home after my classes.

I was on my myriads of thoughts.

Aishh!! Why am I so unlucky this week?

I should try having my fortune read.

 

“Lulu! Are you even listening or not?” Noona got me out of my thoughts.

“ah, yeh?”

“I said, tomorrow, buy me a bouquet of flowers and give it to me after my performance, Arrah??” what performance? I was lost.

She siged. And I remembered what mom told me bout her gigs.

 

“Ah! Yeh noona. Will your friend Dara going too?” when I asked her that, she just rolled her eyes to me.

“Of course! Why wouldn’t she be there?” she looked at me with stop-asking-stupid-question, like I’m some dumbo.

 

I just lowered my head, this noona is so hot-tempered.

 

So I just went to my room to sleep. I jumped to my bed feeling giddy that I might see Dara tomorrow, I should sit next to her. I look like crazy, embracing my pillow so tightly.

 

“What’s up with you Lulu?”

I was super startled that I even call out my mom. Her hair was untied and was wearing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter