Believing You

In Love With You

Exams were near. All the students were preparing and working hard. And Myungsoo was careless as usual.

“Kim Myungsoo……Where are you? You missed classes again? Why?” Eunji asked him with an angry tone.

“Eunji……oh yeah....actually ummmmm….”

“Yeah I know…..exams are near and you are still not serious.”

“OK let’s go out at evening.”

“Not possible"

“Why? You agreed yesterday.”

“Yeah but I have go to my aunt’s house after school today .”

“I see….ok then I’ll also go there with you.”

“Shut up stupid….what are gonna do there huh? And seriously you should study hard Myungsoo and….” She was interrupted.

“Don’t worry dear……I won’t fail at least”

“I hope so. ok I’m hanging up. See you tomorrow. Bye”

“Bye….love you.”

 

Sunggyu’s POV

“Today Myungsoo missed classes again. I don’t understand what’s actually wrong with that kid. Isn’t he old enough now to be serious and to understand his responsibility ?He must be serious about his study. But I know he doesn’t bother much because he knows no matter what I’ll help him to prepare notes and to understand the lectures before exam. It’s been always like that. Sometimes it makes me think hard….Am I the reason why he’s like this? Did I spoil him? Is he too dependable on me? Am I making things harder for him? Will he able to manage everything alone in future? No wait….May be I’m thinking too much. But to be very honest I didn’t like him at all when I met him for the first time. He seemed to be a brat. But after somedays I realized that he’s not like that at all. He has a soft heart which really caring. And then after few months we became best friend. Yeah I had a few friends before I met him but they were never so close. Myungsoo…… my only best friend and I treasure him. “

 

 

“Hey Sunggyu” Someone called him with a sweet voice and he turned around. He saw a smiling face…….Eunji. Everytime he saw her smile his heart skipped a bit because………

“Hi Eunji” Sunggyu stopped staring and greeted her.

“Thanks Sunggyu” Eunji said with a genuine smile.

“Thanks? For What?”

“Come on….don’t act like you don’t know anything. Thanks because you always put some sense into my stupid boyfriend. He’s really lucky to have a friend like you.”

Sunggyu just smiled a little and said nothing.

“Eunji let’s go” her friends were calling her.

“Bye…..see you later and thanks again.”

 

 

Sunggyu’s POV

“Today, Eunji thanked me. It was really good to see her smiling face. She looked so beautiful. When she said those words I felt like I had nothing to say……It’s really weird how I act every time I meet her. I feel so nervous and I try my best to avoid making eye contact with her. Thank God those girls called her in time because I really didn’t know what to say her at that moment. The situation was very awkward….. But If I really could say something,  It would be…..Thanks Eunji….Thanks for smiling…..May be you don’t know but that smile on your face really means a lot to me…..Thank you.”

 

 

The next day

After the classes Sunggyu and Myungsoo were having their lunch in the school café.

“Myungsoo, Mum told you to come at our home tonight for dinner.”

“Really??….I love your Mum Sunggyu. She’s so sweet. I’ll definitely come.”

Sunggyu’s parents liked Myungsoo a lot and especially Sunggyu’s Mum.  She invited Myungsoo often without any occasion just to have dinner or lunch with them. May be because she knew Myungsoo never got enough attention from his parents since childhood. His parents were always more busy with their own career and business. So, she was really affectionate to that lonely child. Same goes with Myungsoo. He also liked to go to Sunggyu’s home and spend time with her because he could get the motherly love from her.

Eunji was in a hurry because she wanted to reach at the café as soon as possible to have her lunch with them.

“I know, Myungsoo is so sweet.” Someone was talking about her boyfriend and when Eunji looked around she found it was Sara who was having a conversation with her friends. Those friends were also very irritating.

Sara was saying everything so loudly to make Eunji  jealous.

Eunji just ignored her and kept doing her work.

“You know that night, Myungsoo and I really enjoyed at the party. Myungsoo is so naughty. And you know what all were saying? They said that we make a great couple. I also feel…..”

Eunji was getting really angry but she didn’t want to create a scene so she left without saying anything. She didn’t even look at them.

Sara kept saying nonsense but when she noticed Eunji leaving quietly without a word she was surprised and angry too.

“Hey Eunji…..here you are. Why are you so late? We were so hungry that we started without you. Sorry.” Myungsoo told her.

“Eunji sit down please.” Sunggyu said.

“Myungsoo you love me right?” Eunji asked.

Sunggyu and Myungsoo both were surprised at the sudden question.

“What kind of question is that? Of course I love you. I love a lot.” Myungsoo replied and held her hands. Sunggyu was quiet.

 “What happened? Why are you upset?” Myungsoo asked her.

“No….nothing happened”  Eunji wanted to tell him about Sara. She wanted to tell him how she was lying at the library in front of everyone. But She also knew that though Myungsoo never liked Sara, she always try to get closer with him. And It was not entirely Myungsoo’s fault that he couldn’t ignore her completely because Sara’s family and Myungsoo’s family shared a good relationship for a long time. So  she kept quite. She thought Myungsoo loved her and when their love was true other things really didn’t matter. She truely believed that their relationship was so strong that a stupid girl like Sara could never spoil it.

“Hey what are you thinking? I love you love you love you….Happy now?”

Eunji seemed satisfied with her prince’s answer again so she smiled back and sat down for lunch.

“I am done guys” Sunggyu said and stood up almost immediately.

“But Eunji has just came to join us and you havn’t  finished yet.” Myungsoo told his friend.

“It’s ok…..I am full……come to the library after finishing your lunch okay.”

“Okay” Myungsoo answered.

 

 

Sunggyu and Myungsoo both were so tired.

“Today we studied a lot” Myungsoo said happily.

“Yeah for you it’s a lot. You should study like this everyday then trust me you’ll make a good result for sure.” Sunggyu told him.

“Myungsoo was happy to hear that. OK now let’s go home. I’m hungry” Myungsoo said with puppy eyes.

Sunggyu giggled and nodded his head.

“Thanks Aunt for the delicious dinner. I ate well.” Myungsoo said to Sunggyu’s mother after finishing the dinner.

“Anytime my Son” Sunggyu’s mother was happy too.

After Myungsoo left Sunggyu came to his room and took out his diary. He wrote a few lines about the whole day (about Eunji) and then fell asleep.