Chapter 5

Last Juliet

By the time Jieun got home from shopping with Suzy, she was exhausted. They immediately went to bed and out. And when Jieun woke up in the morning, she was greeted by the familiar buzzing of her phone. Getting up from bed and careful not to wake Suzy up, Jieun plucked her phone from the charger and clicked answer.

"Hello?" Jieun whispered.

"Jieun? Oh hey hi. I was just calling to tell you that I'd be at your house in an hour to pick you up," Daehyun's voice answered.

"Oh okay I should probably wake Suzy up now," Jieun said while looking down at her friend, who was soundly asleep.

"Okay I'll be there in an hour."

With that Jieun hung up but she couldn't shake the feeling that Daehyun' voice was empty. But he should be. Right? I mean Jieun was blowing him off for alot of things and she was secretly meeting a guy behind his back. But Jieun couldn't let that be in her way of having a good day. Tentatively, she shook Suzy and told her to wake up. And after a few frustrating minutes, Suzy finally stirred and opened her eyes.

"Daehyun's gonna be here in an hour so get ready. I'll be in the shower," Jieun said before walking into her bathroom. There, she undressed and took a quick a shower. By the time she was applying make up, Suzy was already drying her hair from her shower and they quickly went downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Good morning girls," Mrs. Lee said while giving each girl a waffle with scrambled eggs. When she went upstiars to get ready, Suzy leaned in.

"So what did Daehyun say this morning?"

Jieun looked and Suzy and raised her eyebrow, "Nothing. He just told me he would be here in an hour."

"But he didn't suspect anything?"

"Why would he?"

Suzy shrugged, "It's pretty obvious you're ditching him for a bunch of stuff. Sooner or later he might find out something weird is going on."

"You think so?"

"Maybe, I don't know. But don't make it too obvious," Suzy said while stuffing with scrambled eggs.

Jieun was about to say something when the front door bell rang. Excusing herself, she got up and opened the door. Standing in her doorway was Daehyun, with two cups of coffee.

"Morning babe," He said while giving Jieun a smile.

Jieun smiled back and took one of the coffee cups. She hugged him and gave him a quick peck on the lips, "Come in. We're still eating breakfast."

"Is Suzy here?" Daehyun asked while walking inside.

"Yes I'm here," Suzy called from the kitchen.

"Suzy, stop eating. You're gonna get fat," Jieun scolded Suzy when she and Daehyun reached the kitchen.

"I'm sorry but I'd like to be able to survive the history class today. Seriously, the teacher's a total nut job. He's so boring that I'd rather do my homework."

"Mr. Anderson? I have him too and yeah he's pretty rough," Daehyun said while snaking his arm around Jieun's waist.

"Should we leave now?" Jieun asked,

"If you want to yeah. I'll be waiting outside," Daehyun said before walking out of the house.

When Suzy finished eating, both of them grabbed their purses and walked out of the house, greeted by the cold winter breeze. Jieun got in the front passenger's seat and Suzy got in the back. As Daehyun drove out of Jieun's driveway, Jieun started to relax. Maybe this wouldn't be too bad.

"So Suzy,are you going to the party this Friday?" Daehyun asked Suzy and Jieun immediately felt guilty.

"Yeah, I got a dress yesterday."

"Nice. Who are you going with?"

"Not sure. I don't have a date yet."

Daehyun chuckled, "I bet Zelo would be happy to take you to the party."

"Then why hasn't he asked me yet?"

"Probably because he's a maknae and he has a crush on you," Daehyun said while giving her a wicked smile. As Suzy and Daehyun babbled about the party, Jieun sank deeper and deeper to her seat. And by the time Daehyun's car reached their school, Jieun was more than happy to get out of the car.

When she did, Daehyun called out, "Wait, Jieun."

Looking at Daehyun, Jieun told Suzy, "Go without me. I'll be there in a minute."

When Suzy nodded and walked away, Jieun met Daehyun at the back of his car. Daehun was leaning on his car with a straight face and when Jieun reached him, he looked at her.

"Hey," Jieun said.

"Hey. Nothing's going on between us right?"

Jieun bit her lip, "No, I don't think so."

Daehyun sighed, "I feel like you don't wanna be with me anymore."

"Daehyun! Why would you think that? You know I always want to be around you," Jieun said before reaching out to grab his hand. Daehyun stilled but immediately softened. His eyes met hers and he gently pulled Jieun into his arms. Then, Daehyun leaned down and kissed Jieun on the mouth. Jien wrapped her arms around his neck and Daehyun's arms tightened around her waist. They kissed deeply, as their fellow students walked by, some whistling. By the time they broke the kiss, they were panting and their foreheads were pressed against each other.

"I love you," Dahyun whispered.

"Me too," Jieun said, lying to him.

Daehyun smiled at Jieun and they held hands as they walked inside the school. People were already bustling about, with only a few minutes left until school started. With one more kiss, Jieun parted from Daehyun and she went to her class. After the boring hours of her classes, it was finally time for lunch. She met Suzy at her locker and together they entered the cafeteria.

"So what did he say?"

"He asked if anything was wrong between us and we kissed. That's all."

"See! I told you. He suspects something."

"Maybe. Let's not worry about that now," Jieun said as Suzy scoffed and pouted all at once.

They sat down at B.A.P's table and crossed their legs, waiting for the boys. And when the girls started screaming, they knew they were here.

All B.A.P boys walked toward the table and each one of them greeted Jieun and Suzy.

"God, I hate school," Zelo complained.

"Maybe you wouldn't if you were smart enough to figure out that 8 wasn't a prime number," Youngjae scolded.

"How are you two girls doing?" Yongguk asked.

"Good," Both Jieun and Suzy smiled up at him.

"So Jieun, you going to the party this Friday?" Himchan asked playfully.

"Um, no," Jieun answered nervously as Daehyun sat next to her.

"Why not? I'll take you to the party," Himchan teased and Daehyun glared at him.

Jieun laughed, "No thanks."

As Himchan started to come up with a complain, Daehyun leaned in and whispered into Jieun's ears.

"Come over today. My parents are gone and they won't be back until 12."

"Uh... I don't know," Jieun replied uncertainly. But when she looked at Daehyun's disappointed face, she changed her mind.

"Maybe I can come. I'll text you later."

Daehyun smiled and kissed Jieun's cheek, "Thanks babe. Come at 6."

Jieun nodded and smiled, "Is B.A.P coming too?"

"No, just us."

"What do you have in mind?"

Daehyun smiled wickedly, "I don't know. I guess I missed out on a lot of kisses this year. Maybe you could make that up for me?"

Jieun smiled nervously, "You're a bad boy."

Daehyun laughed out loud and placed his arm on her shoulders. Jieun sighed.

'Great,' She thought to herself.

Not only was she tangled up in some drama, but she was also going to have to be with Daehyun today. Alone.

As she listened to B.A.P talk, she couldn't help but feel helpless.

Even under Daehyun's protective arm, she felt exposed and .