Chapter 2

Last Juliet

Jieun was at home. School was fine. Suzy was in the same class as her and Daehyun had dropped her off at her house after school.

After taking a shower, Jieun put on her sweats and a t-shirt. She plopped down on her chair and opened her lap top. As usual, Suzy was online on her I.M chat. Typing vigorously, Jieun sent Suzy a message.

'What's up?'

Of course, Suzy replied back. 'Watching a movie(: wbu?'

'I'm not doing anything.'

'Then we should hang out! Can I come over at 7?'

Jieun looked at the clock, it was 5 PM.

'Sure(: Actually bring your clothes and back pack I'll tell my mom we're having a sleep over.'

After a moment, Suzy replied. 'Great! See you at 7!'

Jieun smiled and closed her lap top. She would have to get chips, candies, and some movies for Suzy.

"Mom! Suzy's coming over at 7 and she's sleeping over! Is that ok?" Jieun yelled to her mom.

"Of course honey. I'll drive you girls tomorrow to school."

Tying her hair up in a messy bun, Jieun said, "No it's fine, I think Daehyun is driving us tomorrow."

Applying a little bit of make up, Jieun walked downstairs to her kitchen where her mom was.

"Where are you going?" Mrs. Lee asked.

Putting on her ugg boots, Jieun replied. "The grocery store. I have to get stuff for Suzy."

"Bring your car with you, it's already dark outside."

"It'll be fine, I'll just walk," Jieun said before giving her mom a quick hug and walking outside the door.

The walk should be okay. The grocery store was walking distance and was only about 10 minutes away from her house. While Jieun's ugg boots scratched against the concrete floor, Jieun hummed a tune. It was her favorite song actually, Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri. Her father used to sing it to her when she was little. Being the daughter of a famous singer, Jieun was talented at singing. She performed at the talent show every year and there were videos of her singing on youtube which received more than a million views.

Jieun was perfect. She was pretty, rich, talented, popular, and even had a boyfriend. She knew it too but all of that stopped mattering to her when she discovered the shocking news.

Suddenly, Jieun stopped humming. Her vision blurred as she saw a figure walking toward her. As she squinted her eyes and focused, Jieun realized the figure was a man, a drunk man. The man was swaying from left to right, humming an unpleasant tune. He had a glass bottle in his hand which he was bringing to his mouth every second.

Feeling nervous, Jieun fiddled with her t-shirt collar and gripped her wallet tighter. She regretted not bringing her car with her.

Walking a little faster, Jieun swallowed the lump in . She was still 5 minutes away from the store and there was no car or person in sight. The man was only about 10 feet away from Jieun.

Quickening her pace, Jieun reminded herself. 'Nothing's gonna happen. Nothing's gonna happen.'

The distance between Jieun and the man was only a feet now. That was when the man noticed her. He looked up, smiled, and forcefully grabbed Jieun's arm.

Wincing, Jieun yelled, "Stop! Let me go!" Dropping her wallet, she tried to get out of the man's grip but he was too strong. Too strong for Jieun to fight.

"You thought you could get away with this huh?" The man laughed. There was alcohol on his breath and his ragged clothes smelled horrible.

"Somebody help me!" Jieun screamed while allowing her tears to spill. The man started to drag Jieun by the arm and all Jieun was thinking about was how much she was going to miss her family and friends.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," An unfamiliar voice called out from behind them.

Both Jieun and the man turned around to find a tall figure standing there. He had a cap on so it was impossible for Jieun to identify who it was.

"What?" The man scoffed, still gripping Jieun's arm.

"Get your hands off of her," The figure said.

"Who do you think you are little punk? You think you-" The man was cut off when the figure darted toward to punch him in the face. The man swayed, lost his balance and fell backwards, releasing his grip on Jieun.

"Come on," The figure said while taking Jieun's hand. She picked up her wallet and followed the figure as he ran away from the man. She could hear the man behind her, cursing and .

Jieun and the stranger continued to run until there were cars and people in sight. Breathing heavily, Jieun collapsed to the floor.

"You okay?" The stranger asked.

Jieun nodded.

"You shouldn't be alone at night. It's dangerous."

"Thanks though," Jieun said.

"No problem."

"What's your name?"

The stranger looked at Jieun. "Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo."

"Take off your cap."

Chuckling, Myungsoo pulled his cap off.

Jieun gasped.

He was one of the members of Infinite, the one who she had seen this morning.

"You? You're part of Infinite!"

Smiling, Myungsoo nodded.

"You go to Woolim High right? I saw you this morning," Myungsoo said.

Jieun nodded.

"Where are you headed? I can walk with you."

"The grocery store."

Myungsoo offered Jieun a hand and she took it and stood up.

The walk with Myungsoo was awkward. There was practically nothing to talk about and half the time Jieun was nervous somebody from school might spot them. Shopping at the grocery store was even worse. Jieun felt self-conscious the whole time because she was buying so much junk food for her friend.

"This is for my friend. I don't eat like this," Jieun said.

Myungsoo laughed out loud, "I thought so. You're too skinny for all this."

Jieun groaned while Myungsoo kept on laughing. She had to admit, Myungsoo was pretty cute. Maybe even cuter than Daehyun. She couldn't help it but sneak a few glances at him every few seconds.

"You done shopping?" Myungsoo asked while holding back a smile.

"Yes," Jieun said while walking over to the cashier and handing the lady the money.

 When Myungsoo offered to walk her to her house, Jieun willingly agreed.

"You know I still don't know your name," Myungsoo said while they walked side by side.

"Lee Jieun."

"Nice to meet you Lee Jieun," Myungsoo said before he bowed. Jieun laughed out loud.

"Very funny."

"You going to the dance?"

Jiuen looked at Myungsoo in surprise. "You know about it? Already?"

"Sunggyu hyung told me about it. We're going."

 "I am, too."

"Honestly, I don't know any girl from school. Do you wanna be my date?"

Jieun looked at him again to find him looking at her, too.

"What?"

Myungsoo leaned closer. He was only an inch away from Jieun's face. Jieun stopped breathing. Myungsoo moved his lips to her ear and whispered, "Would you like to go to the dance with me?"

Jieun hesitated. She had already promised Daehyun she would go with him.

"Yes," however was the response that came out of Jieun's mouth before she could stop it.

Smiling, Myungsoo leaned back. "Great."

Fiddling with her shirt Jieun looked up to meet his eyes, "Um that's my house. I should probably go," Jieun said while pointing to her house.

"Okay. I'll see you at school."

"Thanks for everything," Jieun said.

Myungsoo smiled one last time before turning to walk away. When he was out of sight, Jieun ran into her house and closed the door.

She leaned her back against the door and dropped her grocery bags.

Breathing heavily Jieun clutched her t-shirt.

'Lee Jieun what is going on with you?'