Chapter 1

Last Juliet

Jieun woke up to a beautiful morning. The sun rays shone through her windows and she could even hear birds chirp outside her house.

She rubbed her eyes. It was the first day of school, the beginning of senior year at Woolim Highschool.

'Today's going to be great. I just know it' Jieun thought to herself before she got out of bed to get ready. The first day of school meant new people, new teachers, and new gossip. Jieun had to look perfect in order to make her day perfect. She got in the shower when suddenly, her cellphone buzzed.

'I'll be waiting outside(:'

It was a text from Daehyun, her boyfriend. They have been childhood friends since preschool until their parents announced that they are to get married after they graduate college. They have been dating ever since.

To be honest, Jieun never liked Daehyun. Sure he was cute, tall, and sweet but she was never attracted to him. She opened her windows and found Daehyun leaning on his car, on his phone. Quickly closing her windows, she dried her hair, put her make-up on, and threw on her school uniform. Then, she looked in her mirror to check herself, double check, and check again.

No imperfection. 'Perfect' Jieun thought to herself.

Before grabbing her backpack and hugging her parents good-bye, she quickly texted Suzy, her bestfriend.

'I'm gonna be at school in about 5 minutes. See you soon boo'

Heaving a big breath, she opened the door of her house as fresh wind blew her hair in all directions. Daehyun looked up. He flashed her his signature dimple grin before giving her a hug.

"Hey babe."

"Hi." was all Jieun could say.

Releasing Jieun, he said "Are you ready for the first day of school?"

"No, not really."

"Oh you'll be fine. You look pretty today."

Jieun mumbled a "Thanks" before she got in Daehyun's car. Daehyun sat next to her in the driver's seat and the car started roaring once he turned the ignition on. He drove smoothly out of Jieun's driveway and started driving to school.

"I missed you," Daehyun said.

"Me too."

"Are you going to the dance?"

"What dance?"

"How do you not know Jieun? They're having a masquerade party for the seniors. It's this friday, you know."

"I'll probably go."

"Good, you should wear that black dress I got you on your birthday."

"Oh sure."

Daehyun glanced at Jieun with a look of concern. She didn't seem right.

"Jieun? Are you okay?"

"Huh? I'm fine," Jieun said before giving him a smile.

"You seem off."

"I'm just nervous that's all."

"Don't be. Oh I almost forgot. There's a new group of guys coming to school this year. I think they're called Infinite. We'll have some competition going on now."

"That's great." Jieun leaned against the window of Daehyun's car and stared outside.

When their highschool came in sight, Daehyun drove into the school parking lot and parked near the front entrance. Opening the door for Jieun, he hugged her one last time.

"I'll be outside the school. We'll eat lunch together but first I need to find the rest of B.A.P. You'll be okay right?"

"Yep. Thanks for the ride," Jieun said before giving him a light peck of his lips.

Jieun watched as Daehyun ran into the school and as girls squealed and screamed near him. Of course they did. He was one of the most popular guys at school. Daehyun and his band was extremely popular at school and they looked after Jieun as if she was their little sister.

"Lee Jieun!" A familiar voice rang behind her.

Smiling, Jieun turned around to find her best friend running toward her with full speed.

"Suzy! I missed-"

Suzy ran into Jieun and she hugged her as tight as she could.

"Jieun! I missed you so much! Where's Daehyun? Did he drive you to school?"

"Oh my gosh. Yes he did now will you calm down?" Jieun said while huffing a breath. Suzy linked arms with Jieun and they started to walk toward the school entrance. Suzy was Jieun's best friend. They have been friends ever since they met in middleschool. Their friendship was well-known at school and they were the most popular girls at school.

"Come on, Jieun. Let's get out schedules." Suzy said while they opened the door to the school entrance.

The school hallways were crowded with people. There were freshmans who were busily getting their schedules and opening their lockers while the seniors strolled around freely. Jieun remembered when she was a freshman. That was the year she found out that she was supposed to marry Daehyun, somone whom she's known for a lifetime.

Jieun looked around. Sure enough, people were staring at her with looks of respect, admiration, and jealousy. Feeling self-concious, Jieun clumsily fixed her hair while walking to the office.  

Jieun and Suzy stood in a line at the school's office, waiting to get their schedules.

"I really hope I'm in your class!" Suzy squealed.

Jieun smiled "I do too. So what did you do this summer?"

"Nothing much! I just went to my parent's cabin in Oregon. What about you?"

"We went to Hawaii with Daehyun's family."

Suzy squealed again. "Oh my god! What did you guys do?"

Jieun looked at her friend "Suzy! We didn't do anything. We only stayed there for a week. He took me out for dinner and sang for me. That was all."

"That's so romantic." Suzy cooed.

"Yeah I wonder what he-"

Jieun's sentence was cut off when a bunch of girls started screaming.

"It's Infinite!!!"

Jieun couldn't help it but turn around to see seven guys walking through the hallways. They were surrounded by girls who were screaming and cheering. They were stunning, she had to admit. Competition would be tight this year since they seemed to have the looks that would rival B.A.P.

'That must be Infinite' Jieun thought.

Jieun's attention went to one of the guys in the group. Compared to the ones who were smiling, he maintained a cold expression as their fan girls screamed.

Then suddenly,he looked her way.

They locked eyes and stared into each other until Infinite walked past them.

For the shortest moment, Jieun felt an electricity between her and the boy.

Then finally, when the boys were out of sight, Jieun clutched her sweater.

'What was that?'