Chapter 4

Last Juliet

"You know, you're crazy," Jieun muttered.

Suzy looked at Jieun and shrugged, "Why not? I was gonna ask you to go shopping with me anyways."

"Yeah but who goes to the mall at 11:00 PM?"

"Come on, Jieun. I promise it won't be that long and you need a dress for the party anyways."

Jieun looked around her as she walked on the marble floors of the mall. It took her hours to convince her mom that they would go to the mall and come back exactly at 12:00 AM and Suzy was thrilled by the time Mrs. Lee said yes. The mall was almost empty and most of the shops were closed but Suzy assured Jieun that the dress shop they were going to was open.

"Ooh! There it is!" Suzy said while pointing to an enormous store with dresses on display.

Jieun sighed as Suzy dragged her inside. As much as Jieun hated to admit it, the dresses were really gorgeous. Suzy immediately let go of Jieun's hand and ran towards the dresses. She picked up one of the sparkly ones and held it up in front of her.

"What do you think?"

Jieun shrugged, "I don't know. I can't tell and maybe that's because you haven't tried it on."

Suzy gave Jieun a pouty look and stormed into one of the dressing rooms. With nothing else to do Jieun got up and started to look around the store. As she some lace on one of the dresses, something caught her attention. From the glass window of the display platform, a group of guys were walking pass the store. As Jieun looked closer, she caught sight of a boy.

A boy who made her heart thump.

A boy who made her crazy.

A boy who went by the name Myungsoo.

Jieun gasped and hurried to one of the chiars in the store, not wanting to be seen by him. She prayed that Myungsoo wouldn't notice her and just pass by but to her horror, Myungsoo looked through the store and caught sight of Jieun. Jieun let out a long groan as Myungsoo said something to his friends and walked inside the store.

By the time Myungsoo reached Jieun, Jieun was blushing madly. What if somebody saw her with Myungsoo?

"Hey, I didn't know you would be here," Myungsoo said while giving Jieun a smile.

"I'm here with my friend," Jieun replied quickly.

"I see, looking for a dress?" Myungsoo asked while looking around the store.

Jieun shook her head, "Nope. It's just my friend shopping."

"Why aren't you getting anything?"

"Cause I don't feel like it."

Myungsoo smirked, "Now that is not good enough for a reason."

"Fine, I can't buy a dress when you're here with me. You can't see the dress before I wear it to the party."

"Alright. If I go, will you buy a dress?"

"Sure."

When Jieun looked up, Myungsoo was staring at her and Jieun quickly turned away. Blushing like a tomato, Jieun tucked her hair behind her ears.

"What? Stop staring at me."

"Was I staring at you? Oh sorry," Myungsoo said while scratching the back of his neck.

"My friend's gonna be back soon so you should probably go."

"Alright."

Jieun started to relax as Myungsoo turned to walked away. But suddenly, Myungsoo's lips were next to Jieun's ears as he whispered to her.

"Just so you know, I prefer girls in black."

With that Myungsoo smirked and walked away. There, he joined his friends and they all continued walking towards the direction they were going for.

Even though Myungsoo was gone, Jieun blushed and blushed. She could still feel Myungsoo's warm breath on her ears and she couldn't stop her heart from beating so quickly. And that was when Suzy came out from the dressing room wear a sparkly pink dress.

Twirling around in front of Jieun, Suzy giggled, "This is so perfect I think I'm gonna get this. What do you think?"

Jieun smiled up to her best friend, "It looks good on you."

"Thanks. I'm gonna go change again and pay for this, wait here."

Jieun nodded and sighed. For one last time, she looked around and searched for a dress. A black dress.

And just when she was about to give up, something caught her eye.

There, right next to the dressing rooms in which Suzy was in was a black dress. A long strapless dress ornamented by tiny beads and crystals worn by mannequin. And there was a masquerade right above it, a matching black one with the same beads and crystals.

Jieun stood up and walked toward the mannequin. She touched the fabric and trailed a line from bead to bead. Would Myungsoo like this?

With excitement, she went to the cashier and asked the lady if she could try the dress on. And when the cashier said yes and gave the dress to Jieun, she went inside the dressing room and hurriedly changed. And when she looked in the mirror with the dress on, she couldn't believe how perfect it looked.

Ever since Jieun was little, Jieun was always treated as the princess in her family, partly because she was the only child. But also because she was stunningly beautiful. Not only did she have a face of a model in a magazine, she had everything. The features, the body, the hair, and the complexion. She knew she was pretty. Everybody knew she was pretty.

But the girl staring back at her in the mirror was undeniably gorgeous. Flawless, even.

"Jieun? Are you in there?" Suzy asked from the outside.

That shattered the moment. "Yes I'm in the dressing room. Hold on, I'll be right out."

Smiling at herself in the mirror, Jieun took the dress off and changed. When she came out, Suzy was already standing at the entrance of the store with a shopping bag.

"You tried on a dress?" Suzy asked while smiling with disbelief.

"Yep, I'm gonna get this."

"Show me!"

Jieun shook her head, making her long wacy hair shake, "Not before the party."

Suzy pouted and Jieun hummed happily as she walked up to the cashier and paid for the dress.  Walking out of the store, Jieun felt a sense of relief and actually couldn't wait for the party on Friday. But then there was Daehyun. She would have to face him tomorrow. But Jieun quickly pushed Daehyun out of her mind. He would understand. Daehyun always understood. This was her Friday, her party and she wasn't going to spend it with someone who she didn't love.

But does that mean Jieun loved Myungsoo? No, that wasn't possible. She possibly couldn't have fallen in love with Myungsoo. They just met!

But the thumping of her heart, the blushing of her cheek, and the adrenaline of his touch made Jieun think over about this.

Maybe Jieun did love Myungsoo.

Or maybe Jieun didn't.

Either way, she was eager to find out.

 

 

Forward:

Hello readers! I know I haven't been updating lately and I'm sorry. But I'm on a roll and I am really excited to continue with this fiction. But just so you know, I am going to start going to school next week and will be busy so I won't be able to update alot. Oh and also I'm sorry the chapters are getting shorter and I promise some chapters will be longer that this. That is all. Thank you so much for your comments and please suscribe!