Meeting, Talking, Reminiscing

Four Times Around The Sun

AN: Well, this is the final chapter. Sorry... I don't know how to end this... >.<

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark definitely knows what’s going to happen next but he seemed to not feel his body following him. He was panicking. He don’t know why he is… Well, he kinda knows because it is still Jackson and he, Mark Tuan, broke the guys heart. Here on their favourite cafe. The last place they spoke to, and saw each other.

Date tomorrow Jacks? At the café? Arrasso?” Mark said to Jackson after their graduation ceremony finished. “I was kinda hoping a double celebration with both our families but mom planned something.. So.. Yeah hyung. Tomorrow!” Mark nodded with the response and kissed Jackson on the cheeks. After that night that Mark decided to make their relationship public, the younger got used to the sudden kissing and all that whether it be from the younger to the older and vice versa. “Hyung, another one please. Here…….” Jackson said to Mark while pointing at his lips. The older sighed in defeat but still smiling. “Arraso… Here.. Now go! Omma and appa’s waiting for you inside the car. I mean, your parents not mine. See you tomorrow. Around 4pm.” And with that, the younger nodded and hugged Mark before running towards his parents. Mark’s already feeling the sadness of what tomorrow would bring. He didn’t tell Jackson that he’ll be leaving the day after tomorrow. Both of their parents actually agreed to throw a party but Mark declined it as he knows he it would only hurt much more.

He snapped back to reality when Jackson said “Hi”. He missed that voice. He freaking missed that voice so ing much that if he can just go grab him and kiss him and all that he will. But he knows he can’t and never can anymore. Then, he stopped staring and said hello. “Mind if I sit here hyung? Still the usual spot eh?” Mark was a bit taken aback because he never thought that the younger would remember. “O-oh. Yeah. Brings back memories you know. And please sit.” Mark wants and at the same time doesn’t want to be actually there. His stupidity is getting over him. He heard the younger chuckled. “Yeah. Lot’s hyung. Anyway, why didn’t you tell anyone that you’re coming back?” Mark felt embarrassed and sad. He saw a small tint of sadness in his eyes and he noticed that the tone on the younger changed a little. He knew Jackson so much. He wanted to tell him that he wanted to but didn’t. “W-well, I want to surprise everyone.” Mark forced a smile and the younger snorted. “I never really liked surprises hyung.” Now, sadness was very evident on the youngers face. Mark absolutely knows why..

“So, how was the party last night Jacks?” Mark started after sitting at their usual spot. He’s really nervous but he’s good at hiding it. “Well, it could’ve been much better if you were there hyung. Aish! How was yours?” Mark wasn’t able to control the frown. He was still smiling but it was a sad one and it wasn’t left unnoticed by the younger. “Hyung, waeyo? Did something happen?” The older shook his head and looked at the younger with so much pain. “Jackson, I need to tell you something. Please listen first. Arraso?” He was contemplating whether to do it or not. Mark knows it’s for the best but he definitely knows that it will hurt so bad and it ing hurts more to know he’ll be causing pain to the younger. He saw Jackson frowning but still nodded. The energy that the younger always have disappearing in front of him. He can’t take it but have to endure it. “I’m going to leave for California tomorrow. I’ve accepted their offer just like what you said.” Mark stopped and inhaled. He looked at Jackson who’s now looking a bit confused but Mark knows that the younger is still waiting. “I’m really happy right now. Happy that you’re with me. You chose to be with me even if norms doesn’t allow it. But.” Marks wasn’t able to control it anymore and sobbed. He’s trying his best to still control it and continued. “I made a choice and I know I’ll regret it, but I need to do it. For you, for us…” He felt the younger shifting on his seat and was reaching his hands. “H-hyung.. W-what are you.. w-what the a-are y-you saying?” He looked at Jackson with a pensive smile. He can sense that the younger is about to cry as well. “H-h-hey. I said no talking. Listen to me first. Jebal. And please Jackson don’t cry… Please… Uljima…” The younger looked down and flipped his usual snapback so that it’s covering his eyes. “I’m still here. I’ll always be your best friend. I know everything’s already in place, our family approved of us.  We are out in the public and I’m so happy about it. About what we have. This is the best thing I’ve ever had. The ing best of the best I can ask for and nothing can compare to what you have given me Jackson. It was perfec.t” He was able to control his emotions, but the younger no longer was holding it. Jackson was a crying mess, and Mark couldn’t help but hate himself for causing this pain to the younger. He knows he can endure the pain but for him, seeing Jackson like this was hell for him. Then the younger spoke. “Then why hyung? W-wae-waeyo? Wae?” Mark still had that small smile but his eyes were saying something else. Pain, hurt and everything not nice is noticeable in his face but he knows he had to. “Jackson, sometimes relationships end not because they are falling apart. But because there are far more important things out there. More important than us, Maybe now you’ll be questioning it, but I know you’ll understand it in time.” Mark felt that Jackson is retreating his hands. He didn’t try to pull it, he just let it. The latter was still sobbing and still not looking up. The younger was shaking his head from time to time. Mark knew that Jackson needed a little silence so he stopped for awhile.

When the older noticed that Jackson stopped crying he tried to talk again but was immediately cut by the younger. “Hyung, I know I’m stupid and an . But.. I don’t think I can ever ing understand this that you’re saying.” Jackson, now looking up at Mark with his puffy red eyes. The older still calmed himself and not spit out the reason. “Jacks, trust me please. As your best friend..” He was cut off by the younger. “You’re not MY FREAKING just MY BEST FRIEND ANYMORE!” Mark was shocked when Jackson shouted but he tried his best to still calm down and think rationally and tell him that they needed it. “Jackson, as I’ve said, I made a choice. This is the only way that I can keep you forever in my life… I want to still be you’re best friend. I love you so much to ing do this but I need to. We both need this. So please, trust me. You’ve always trusted me right?” The younger still shaking his head with a look of disbelief and Mark knows he needed to do this now. He inhaled deeply and said. “FINE! I don’t want to hurt you, but let’s do this the hard way! I’m so ing tired and bored of what we have and you’re not even worth it. I don’t know why I wasted my college years being with a stupid retard like you. You’re all talk and no action! There! That maybe enough reason. Got it stupid? I don’t want to waste my time anymore cause California’s waiting for me. Good riddance Jackson!” He then stood up because any time he knows he’ll breakdown. He needs to get away. He was ing lying to himself and Jackson was nothing like that to him. Jackson is his life and he feels like he just committed suicide with what he did. When he got out of the café he ran and never looked back. He knows it’s for the best. He knows Jackson will understand.

Mark had been looking at his coffee before he responded “Sorry” to the younger. Jackson shook his head. “Aniya hyung. You were right. I was stupid. I didn’t understand. I should be saying sorry. Omma told me. She told me everything after I had a son.” Mark was a bit taken aback. He smiled and congratulated Jackson. “I bet he looks like you. But hopefully not a dork like you.” He chuckled and saw that the younger smirked. “I know you missed me.” Mark just laughed that one off. Then he saw the sudden change in the youngers face. “Hyung, this is where you broke up with me. Same spot,” Mark was embarrassed and just looked down. He didn’t know how to respond. He knows but he least expect that Jackson would point that one out bluntly. “I’m sorry.  I’m really sorry for saying those hurtful things back then. I didn’t mean them.” Jackson just smiled. “I said no need to apologize. I realized that you were right. Maybe, a little late, but still I understood. I’m not really that stupid you know.” He missed this, the Jackson that lightens the mood. Then the younger continued. “I know you’re a rational person. You do things based on what you know would benefit more than yourself. You’re stupid. But the best and good kind of stupid hyung.” Mark raised an eyebrow and snorted while looking at Jackson. “Woah! I never thought you’d be the one calling me stupid.” Mark suspires and continued. “Yeah. I guess I am stupid.” They stayed silent for a minute or two. Mark still absorbing the fact that he is now having a conversation with the person he least wanted to speak to on his first day back in Seoul.

The younger broke the silence. “Haven’t you noticed nothing changed in the café? Well, there are slight changes but the feel of it is still the same aren’t it hyung?” Mark looked up and nodded. “Nae. When I came inside, it smelled like the first time I, I mean, we both came here. And our usual, I mean Got7’s usual spot is still there on that very same spot and… OH! Is… Are those… Our trophies????” Mark, wide-eyed while pointing at the trophies inside the glass frame. He walked towards it.  “Of course hyung. Those are the trophies Got7 won.” The younger stood up and walked towards where the older is. “I actually bought the cafe. More like, asked omma and appa to buy the establishment for me. It was what I asked for in return for agreeing with the marriage they set up.” Mark looked at the younger in disbelief. “Oh my God Jackson! How dare you blackmail your own parents!?!” Jackson just chuckled. “Oh hyung! Don’t exaggerate.” Then he noticed the youngers expression softening. “This place holds a lot of happy memories. Yours and mine. Of Got7. Therefore I have to have it.” Then Mark came to his senses and understood the situation. “Wait wait.. You mean you own First Ladies Café now? Chincha?! How can you even manage a business?” Mark snorting and still a bit surprised but then spoke again. “I mean, no offense meant Jackson, but.. How were you able to keep this business going?” Jackson snickered. He didn’t change much, thought Mark. “Are you questioning my abilities hyung? Hey, we graduated both majoring in Marketing so how dare you question my talent? I’m hurt hyung! Really hurt..” The usual playful Jackson. The younger was using that kicked puppy pouting expression and the older just needed to laugh. Then Jackson continued. “Another thing, I’m wild and y hyung. No one rejects and can resist my charm! Even you can’t deny it.” The younger was raising both his eyebrows. Mark snorted in annoyance and sighed. “Yeah yeah whatever. Anyway, I’m glad you didn’t change much the design and the feel of the café. Not to mention, you didn’t even tried changing the name.” Mark chuckled. The younger just shrugged.

They both went back to their sit. Again, the younger started. “Hyung, going to stay here for good?” Mark nodded. “Yeah. I sent my application at SNU a month before arriving here and I passed. They said I was highly recommended by Mr. Kim. Remember Mr. Soohyun Kim? The one that endorsed me in the agency I worked at in the US?” The younger made an annoyed look and responded. “Yeah. I remember. Aish that guy. I think he likes you hyung!” Mark only laughed at it. “How about you? Where do you work now?” Mark sipped at his drink and looked at the younger. “I did pretty good I guess if I may say hyung. After they got me the café, I managed it and it went pretty well. Then dad offered me a position at one of his office. I said I would apply and go through the process and told him not to inform any of his subordinates that I am his son. There, I passed. Got promoted and now I’m his assistant in that branch. But of course, I still got my perks for being his son! Haha!” Mark chuckled because the younger was wiggling his head. Somethings really doenst change, Mark thought to himself.

They went on catching up with each other, well more like catching up with Jackson. Mark noticed how comfortable it was still to talk to the dork he loves. He knows he still feels the same for the younger lad. However, he doesn’t want to open it up again. The guy is already married and have a kid. He knows what is right and proper. He even said it himself that he would be content and happy if Jackson would live a happy and normal life. But then again, he can’t help notice the ring in the youngers fingers.

He noticed that he was staring at it for a long time. When he looked up, he saw the younger frowning. “I-uhm... S-sorry. I-I mean.. For staring.” The younger looked at his ring and touched it. “Aniya hyung. I wasn’t happy about the whole idea of the arranged marriage, but I was glad it was her that I was arranged to. She wasn’t a diva. She understood what I was going through. Both of us had no choice and she does have someone she loves as well. She did it out of respect for both our family. When we got a child, we became happy and did our best to show him and provide him love. However….” Mark felt sadness in the youngers tone. He waited for the younger to continue but it didn’t came. “Jackson, whatever it is I know it’s just temporary. Everything will be fine soon. Arasso?” The younger smiled but Mark knew that it was a forced one. “Of course hyung. Of course….”

Both of them didn’t realize how long they have been talking. Then the younger immediately stood up. “Hyung, I got to go. I need to go to Omma and Appa. Woohyun-ah is with them.” Mark raised an eyebrow. He was a little puzzled. “Oh. Sorry. Woohyun is the name of my son.” Mark just said an “Oh….” The younger continued. “See you next time hyung! You need to tell me your story next time, who’s the lucky guy and what else happened. Okay? You better not go hiding again! I’ll find you!” Mark nodded and the younger takes his leave.

Mark was happy that he was able to see Jackson again. The encounter was better than what he thought it would be. His heart still flutters whenever he sees the young man but he learned to accept the fact that there are different types of love.

Mark was able to realize that love requires more than just being happy. It should have its ups and downs for it to grow stronger. He learned that moving on is different from letting go. That there are more to love than love in itself. He knows that everything wouldn’t always work out the way he wanted it to even if everything the both of you have is already perfect.

Then he lets out a chuckle. He suddenly realized what Jackson meant about him being stupid. He was dead ing stupid. He knows he wanted more and he still feels a little hurt but he made a choice and that choice was to only love Jackson yet not letting the guy know anymore. It was stupid but he finds satisfaction in just seeing the young man happy and that is already everything to him. Nothing more. Nothing less.

He finally said it in a whisper. “I will always love you Jackson. Always.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the last chapter.. T_T

IT really is hard to end a story.. >.< Aish...

I hope i was able to live up to your expectation readers.... ^_^

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥