The Reason & The Confession

Four Times Around The Sun

AN: Italicized are all flashbacks/memories... :)

----------------------------------------------------

Mark went back to Seoul after his 4 year contract in Los Angeles ended and decided not to renew it anymore. He was equipped with so much talent and intelligence. He graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Marketing and not to mention being a “Magna Laude” in SNU. A memory suddenly taking over him..

Hyung! Pali! I need my coffee!” Marks best friend said. “Aish. Go run to First Ladies Café and order me one as well. Can’t you see this?” Pointing at his legs. He had an accident during one of their practice with their dance team. Good thing it was just a sprain. “Oh. Mianhe hyung.. I forgot. Go ahead. I’ll follow.” The younger sprinted and Mark just smiled and started walking towards their school.

Everyday, they always make sure to stop at that very same café to get their daily dose of the amazing coffee First Ladies Café offers. Until that one day. Marks best friend decided to be a big pain in the . Mark was totally lost and wasn’t able to concentrate because his best friend, freaking best friend, is being a jerk. He really didn’t know any reason why the younger was being an . Well, the younger is a joker and all that but not like this. If they were given the chance to talk, it was short and awkward. If they were given the chance to walk together, it was a total uncomfortable silence.

When Mark have had enough, he saw the younger in a hurry but he was quick to fix his things and stood in front of his best friend. In a straight, dead serious, stern voice he said “We need to talk. Follow me to the café.” He then turned and started walking, upon reaching the door, his best friend was still in his seat looking at Mark. Mark glared and shouted “NOW!”. The older turned around again but now he heard the chair falling and that already indicated that his best friend is now following him.

Reaching their favourite café, he pointed on their usual spot and told his jerk friend to sit and wait. The waiter didn’t ask for their orders, instead said “The usual? It’s been awhile.” Mark was a bit surprised but smiled and responded. “Yes and yes. That stupid jerk there is being an that I need to drag him here.” The waiter just laughed and informed him that it’ll be ready in a minute. He immediately thanked the server and head to their seat. After placing the coffee on their table, Mark sat and stirred his drink and looked at the younger. “Hyung.. I.. uhm… W-What’s up?” The older was about to drink but stopped after hearing what his best friend said. He was mad but he knows he needs to control it. He wants to explode, but instead he replied in the calmest possible way he can. “I’m not good.” Well, that was calm at first but he can’t control it anymore. After rubbing his temple, “ this Jackson! Are you freaking kidding me right now? What’s up? Are you really trying to make me go mad and hate you?” This time, the older was totally mad but good thing he wasn’t shouting, but it was totally evident in his voice that he was very frustrated with what’s happening. The younger looked at him with a frown then looked down on his coffee. Mark calmed down a bit. “Fine. I thought so. Stupid bastard. I’ll just leave.” The younger grabbed the olders wrist, looked up and half-shouted a “NO!” then looked backed down. Mark actually half expected it and made sure not to smirk at his best friends action. He maintained a straight face and waited for the younger to continue. “Hyung… U-uhm… N-no… Jebal.. Sit.. I-I’ll explain..” Mark sat back down and waited for the younger to continue. He was drinking his coffee when the younger suddenly spoke,  looking like a kicked puppy and focusing on his drink. “Hyung.. I-I’m just a mess right now and I don’t know what this is…” The younger placed his palm on his chest and continued. “I’ve never felt this until recently. I-it was totally unexpected.  I just need time for it to go away. I… I… I don’t want you to be mad at me and hate me hyung…” The younger was very close to tears when Mark spoke. “Hey! We’re best friends! I know you’re an and a ing stupid bastard at times, I get that and as you can see I even did this just to resolve whatever issue you… we have! So just freaking tell me what your problem is!!” The older was growing impatient because he really want his best friend back. “Hyung. Neo.. You.. you are my problem.. This feelings. I can’t.. I can’t control them. I like you hyung. Not as a best friend but… I don’t know hyung..” Mark was about to drink and stopped midway after hearing what the younger said. He was shocked and just stared at the younger. Emotionless. The younger then looked down. Seconds.. Minutes passed and..  “Please don’t hate me hyung I beg you. Never mind what I said. This is why I didn’t tell you. You’re too precious for me hyung. Mianhe.” The younger stood up, tapping Marks shoulder and went out of the café.

Mark was still lost. He was thinking about what the younger confessed but nothing came to his mind on how he should react. He lost track of time and didn’t mind how long he was sitting in the café until his phone vibrated. His mom was calling and he immediately picked it up. “Mark, where are you? It’s almost 8pm and you’re still out. Your best friend dropped your bag and skateboard here. He said you were finishing a project.” Mark responded. “O-oh. Yeah. I’m just here in the café near the campus.. Don’t worry too much.” He heard a soft sigh of relief from his mom. “Arasso. Next time tell me if you’re going to be late. Good thing you have such a nice buddy! Anyway, go home immediately once your done! Annyeong!” Mark said his bye to his mom and went out of the café. He was shocked with how he was taking the confession because it isn’t like him not to notice that his things were taken by his best friend. However, he still didn’t know what to do.

Mark spent his whole Saturday thinking and just came up with an answer Sunday night. He then decided to message the younger. “Hey stupid! Why did you left me last Friday? Meet me there and it’s your treat. Better be there before I arrive and order our coffee! I’ll hate you if you don’t come! I swear!” He then decided to take a shower, dressed up and went as fast as he could on their usual café. He smiled when he saw his best friend there. It was cute seeing the nervous expression that the younger is having and still looking like a kicked puppy. When he entered the café, the younger stood up with concern very evident in his face. Mark walked to their usually sit. “This is new. You standing when meeting me here? Yah! Anja!” The younger blushed and sat back down. “U-uhm… H-hyung… About the other day.. Mian..” The older didn’t let the younger finish. “Okay. No need to say sorry and I don’t know who you are right now. It’s so not like you saying sorry and being this awkward! I’ll do the talking so listen! Arraso?!” The younger male looked at his coffee and nodded. “First things first. Nod or shake your head if I ask a question Arasso?” A nod from the younger. “Good! Now, I don’t hate you for confessing but I hate you for leaving me yesterday. I was sitting here for freaking 3 hours!” The younger smiled and was about to say something when Mark put his pointing finger up. “I said no talking! Seriously. You don’t need to say sorry. I should be the one apologizing. I let you leave yesterday and I was too insensitive not to realize what’s happening with you.. with us..” The older looked down and the younger looking up at him. “I mean, I didn’t realize you were having such feelings already. I honestly don’t know how to react when you confessed but I do know how you feel… ‘Cause I feel the same Jacks. I ing feel the same way Jackson Wang.”

The very reason why he’d decided to come back to Seoul was because of that person. Because of Jackson Wang Ka-yee.

-------------------------------------------------------

 

AN: Please comment/subscribe and let me know your thoughts. I need to know if it's good enough so that i'll post the succeeding chapters.. :)

 

Thanks chingus... ^_^