Look at What You've Left of Me

Against It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun forced a smile as she saw Kai's face. She didn't want to see him, but her unnies forced her into it. Why did she have to talk to him? Didn't they break up for a reason?

The thought of breaking up reminded her of JungKook, making her eyes bloom with hot tears. "Hey, Kai," she choked through her smile. He still had no idea how much everything hurt her.

He nodded to her and flashed one of those bright smiles that she used to adore. "Hey, Seo-baby. How are you?" he asked, but his smile faded as he got closer and noticed the tears in her eyes. Kai took her face in his hands and brushed away the tears with his thumbs. Like JungKook used to do.

Seohyun bit her lip and looked away. Why did JungKook have to pop up every two seconds? Joo-hyun, don't start thinking about him again. Just stop. Seohyun thought. How dare JungKook just show up in her mind just to sting and become excruciatingly painful?

"Hey, are you okay?" Kai asked. Seohyun nodded when she meant to shake her head.

"Yeah, I'm good," she said when she meant to cry and sob, telling him, "No, of course not! How the am I supposed to be remotely close to okay if JungKook is gone and he's not coming back?!"

Seohyun assured herself she was okay. She didn't need him. No one in her life mattered enough to hurt her like this.

She took a deep breath and smiled again. "Do you want to go out for coffee?" she asked.

"When?" He asked.

"Now, if that's okay with you," she replied. Kai smiled brightly and nodded.

"Any time is great if it's with you, Seohyun," he remarked as he walked with her to the coffee shop. She forced a nervous smile.

"Yeah, I guess," she responded quietly. Kai furrowed his eyebrows.

"Seohyun, is something bothering you?" Kai asked gently, laying his hand on her shoulder. Seohyun jumped at the touch and frowned.

"U-Umm, actually, I just broke up with my boyfriend, JungKook, last week. I'm sorry, I'm just a little bit rigid," she admitted. Kai's eyes went wide and confused.

"But, wait-"

"I know you wanted us to break up. He told me. It just didn't happen your way," Seohyun interrupted him. He opened his mouth to say something else, but he closed it again.

"How did it happen?" Kai asked gently, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. She almost found it funny that she used to crave the same affection from JungKook. Hell, she used to crave it from Kai until she fell in love with JungKook.

"I found out he made out with Tiffany when he was drunk and at the beach," she responded coldly. She would've cried or reacted somehow, but once she said it enough, she got used to the pain.

Kai cooed, holding her shoulders tighter and reeling a smile from her lips. As sad as it was, she liked the feeling of someone caring for her. "That's awful, Seo. How about I pay for coffee, hmm? Do you still like yours dark?" he asked with a chuckle. Seohyun suddenly remembered how Kai always made fun of her coffee preference.

"Yeah, I do, Kai. If you have a problem, I'd love to bring Yuri into this, and you remember how mad she got last time," Seohyun reminded him.

"Oh, feisty, huh? I'm sorry, I was just messing with you," he chuckled, ruffling her hair.

 

As soon as they'd ordered, received, and paid for their coffee, the two sat down in a booth together. Seohyun drummed her fingers against the table before she decided to speak. "You know, I'm just wondering. Didn't you leave because you wanted someone else to take care of me and love me better?"

Kai took a swig of coffee and looked down to her with a nod. "Yeah, why?" he asked. Seohyun took a deep breath.

 

"Well, why did you tell JungKook you wanted to take me bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter