Love Needs No Reason

650 ( A KaiSoo Story )

Kai decided to knock on D.O’s door; He can’t help himself. When the door opened, Kai grabbed D.O and kissed him on the lips. Suddenly, Kai felt a melting sensation in his heart. It was D.O’s flaming desire to kiss Kai. They exchanged lustful kisses. They can fill the gap of each other’s chin. They can both feel their warm breaths. They continued while making their way to D.O’s couch.

Kai stopped. It was awkward. But Kai knew it wouldn’t be. D.O stood up and went to the kitchen.

“What do you want to eat?” D.O asked with a smiling face.

“Chicken” Kai replied.

D.O made garlic chicken. Kai helped D.O by preparing the table. Dinner was served. They started eating when D.O already sat down. It was a quiet meal until D.O asked,

“Delicious?”

“Absolutely. It was made by you.” Kai replied with a smirk.

“Made by me for you.” D.O added.

Kai did the dishes. While doing it, he thought why D.O didn’t felt awkward. It was awkward for him but he kept it inside. He can’t believe that it took only a food to change a cynical man’s perspective about love. When every work was finished, they watched a movie. It was the only movie so they had no choice – “My Girlfriend is an Agent.”

Both of them didn’t shared thoughts about the movie. It was their situation. Kai can’t tell D.O, in the same note, D.O can’t also tell Kai.

When the movie ended, D.O asked Kai “If I’m suddenly lost and the chances of finding me are less than zero, what would you do?”

The smart Kai replied, “It’s dumb if I’m going to find you. Since you’re totally lost, all I can do is go back to Tongyeong and reminisce all the memories we made.”

“What if I’m dead?” D.O added.

“They so those who die go to heaven. I don't think so. I think when we die; we live on in someone else's heart. We live in their memories. But with time, memory fades. That's why people wish to leave something behind. *pauses* But why did you ask so sudden?” Kai said.

Because, I know, someday, I’ll be gone. I don’t want to leave someone I love being hurt; and I love you Kai. That’s why I’m telling you already.” D.O said with a sad tone.

Kai can’t promise that he can protect D.O all of the time. Spies are not allowed to protect someone; only their agencies.

“D.O, I also love you. I know it was so sudden that we both fell in love, but I believe that love is not something that comes with reason. Love doesn’t need any reasons. It is all about the emotions and the little world that we shared. We haven’t made our little world yet. So starting from now until the day you’ll be gone, we’ll be making our little world. I can’t protect you all of the time, but I’ll make you feel the best of the limited time you have.” Kai almost shed a tear while saying this to D.O.

Kai doesn’t want to know why D.O will be gone someday. If he knew the reason, it will just make his heart more shattered. He wanted to make the best of D.O’s time without his heart being completely shut.

“Kai, I wanted you to know that I’m very thankful of you.” D.O told Kai.

“No, don’t be. It makes you look so pitiful.” Kai said and kissed D.O’s forehead.

D.O fell asleep on Kai’s lap. Kai thought of the entire possible thing he can do to make D.O fell very special.

The sun has risen. Kai made D.O a breakfast.

“You made all the food since I moved here, now, just let me give back the favor.” Kai said with a smile.

“It was never a favor Kai. It was instinct that made me doing those stuffs for you.” D.O said.

After they ate, Kai cleaned everything in the house.

“You must be tired.” D.O said and stopped Kai’s hand from cleaning.

“No, I’ll do this.” Kai softly pushed D.O’s hand from him to continue cleaning.

“Kai, I’m not physically impaired. I’m healthy. I never said I was sick!” D.O laughed.

Kai was relieved at that time and spanked D.O.

They spend the entire day laughing. Throwing water, playing hide and seek, chasing each other, and hitting. Kai told D.O that he wanted to watch the sunset with him. D.O agreed. They went to the balcony and smelled the air of Seoul. Listened to the sound of traffic noise from above, and watched the pleasing city lights.

It was already sunset. D.O suddenly told Kai

“Kai, don’t think of me as a dying person. Okay?”

“Okay!” Kai replied.

They enjoyed the sunset. Afterwards, they ate dinner at a restaurant. It was their first date. Yes, they didn’t said it was a date, but deep inside them, they considered it as one. They went home around 11 of the evening. It was Monday, so the traffic must be really heavy. Instead of being irritated of the beeping sound of different trucks, they enjoyed the time they both had in the car.