Emblem

650 ( A KaiSoo Story )

Kai, a cynical and cold-hearted person, is one of the best spy in K2 Agency –the best intelligence agency in South Korea. Majoring in 8 different languages and mastering the moves of Judo, Hapkido, and Taekwondo, he was sent to Tongyeong(a coastal village in South Korea) to assasinate a North Korean-Spy. 

On the other hand, D.O moved in Tongyeong just a few months ago to live the peaceful life that he wanted. Owning a small store, people often go there to buy some good stuffs because of its cheap prices. Not only that, he also gives some freebies to his costumers.

What people don't know about D.O was that he is also a spy of an unknown intelligence agency. He is skillful in handling guns, knives, and a master of hand-to-hand combats.He is very suspicious and very harsh on the inside, but he was told to act as if he is kind and a heartwarming person.

_____________________________________________________ ________

Kai moved on a house fronting the store of D.O. 

It's a tradition in their village to give foods or other gifts to a new mover there. The neighborhood welcomed the cold-hearted guy, warmingly.

Chanyeol, the richest person in the village(he owns a few "for rent" rooms), gave Kai the spiciest Kimchi which his family is known for. D.O, gave him different groceries. Others gave him different traditional dishes and different korean ceramics. In return, he held a "samgyeopsal" and beer party.

He acted as happy as he can be, but deep inside, he's irritated by the noise mae by the drunk neighbors. 

The day ended so fast. Kai cleaned his frontyard. AFterwards, he went to his room to do his mission, to assasinate the North Korean-Spy. 

He opened the briefcase which can connect him to the K2 server. He reviewed all the physical descriptions of the NK-Spy:

  • Height: 173 cm
  • Age: Approx. 20-23 
  • squishy
  • big eyes

The next day, he never went out of the house. Several days have passed, he still stays inside the house. His neighbors wondered what's in him. They made suspicions. 

D.O, was just observing the house where Kai lives. "I feel that something strange is really on him." , D.O whispered to himself.

He went out, wore his sneakers and coat. It was a cold day at Tongyeong. He knocked on Kai's gate. He heard no response. He rang the door bell a few times and still, only silence meets him. He jumped over the wall of Kai's house. "Phew, that was easy." said the stumbled D.O.

He stood up, with his blurry vision. 

"What are you doing here? I'll call the cops." Kai said.

D.O was surprised. He said "No, i just wanted to check you.*laughs* It's been a while since you went out of your house."

"It's none of your business!", the cold-hearted Kai said. 

Kai went back in to his house.

D.O wanted to raise an arm (punch him) but he's afraid maybe his identity will be revealed. So he walked out by the gate and shuts it very loud.

__________________________________ ____

The dusk came. D.O turned the light of his store. 

D.O went to the rooftop to see the village. He sat on a swinging chair. He made thoughts about his mission.

"It was a while since the IA called me. Maybe they don't need me anymore." D.O said with a very sad tone.

Over his rooftop, he can oversee Kai's house. 

He suddenly remembered what happaned when he went there. 

"He's fast. I jumped over quietly but suddenly when I stood up, he's there." 

"He's weird." He added.

D.O took his binoculars and spied over Kai. He saw Kai in front of a laptop. With a very familiar seal on the screen.

"Th-Tha-That seal. It seems familiar!"

D.O went down and searche over for the seal. But he still can't remember. 

"Stop with this sh*t Kyungsoo(D.O).", said the suspicious D.O.

_____________________________ _________

Kai had the profile of all his neighbors. He searched the possible NK-Spy. 

2 profiles were left on his hand. D.O's and Yonggup's profile.

Kai spent the whole night doing more research of the two. Kai suspected it is D.O.

He remembered when he watched over D.O jumped on his front wall.

"By telling on his height, he can't reach the wall." 

"He could have stepped on to something tall."

But Kai remembered that there's nothing in front of his front wall. 

"Aish. That shortie..........."

"SHortie?!"

_________________________________ ______

Kai had a plan. He quietly sneaked in to D.O's house in front of his.

Kai broke the knob to open the door of his store. He made his way to the back to sneak into D.O's room. 

He saw D.o.

He searched for the emblem of the "North Korean Spy" which is tatooed on the left foot. 

Lucky for him, D.O was not wearing socks during that time. D.O his gigantic heating pad to fight the cold weather.

Kai saw an emblem.

"Tha-That e-em-emblem... i-i-is"