Prince, Commander, and Wanderer

Bamboo Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A man with a long haired tied his hair while faced a big mirror. His faces shown  he had many thoughts. He sighed once then walked gracefully to the door. He was greeted by a personal eunuch and some palace troops. An usual sight that he always saw everyday he walked out from his room.

“Good morning, Your Highness,” a personal eunuch said while bowed.

“Morning, Sandeul. Had you prepared my stuffs for hunting?” a tied hair man said.

“Yes, Prince Shinwoo,” Sandeul said.

Prince Shinwoo walked side by side with Sandeul to the back yard of palace. Some troops followed them from behind. Shinwoo’s mind went to his engagement in tomorrow. He knew this plan to marry  Tang Dynasty’s royal princess could strengthen his dynasty. But, he was not sure to marry her because he already fell for someone. His first love.

He knew he loved her when he was seven. He clearly remembered when they met for the first time. He with his beloved mother went together to the neighbor kingdom before war happened.  They often went to there so that he often met his first love. His first love always with her father when he met her. They became close because his mother always left both of them alone. It’s beautiful just thinking while they talked about nature. He loved animal and she liked plant. It’s uncommon discussion for children but they had fun. But because this war 4 years ago,  he never met her. His first and last love, Kwon Sohyun, Hongje dynasty’s royal princess.

“Your Highness, the horse is ready,” Tao said when Shinwoo reached the backyard. Tao was a commander of palace troops. He had a tall body and handsome face with noticeable dark circle around his eyes. He was a respected person in palace because he was so young to be a commander.

Shinwoo smiled gracefully to Tao while slightly nodded his head. "Thank you, Tao," he said. Shinwoo walked to the horse then he rode the strong brown horse.

 

“Should I accompany you, Your Highness?” Tao asked. Shinwoo shook his had while took the arch from Sandeul.

“No need. I can do it by myself. I won’t take long,” Shinwoo said.

“Alright, Your Highness. But, please make sure to come back before dark. You have some appointments in early morning tomorrow,” Sandeul said. Shinwoo nodded slightly. He sighed a bit when Sandeul reminded him about his engagement.

“I will. Don’t worry, Sandeul,” Shinwoo said.

***

The sun was about to set but Shinwoo didn’t have a thought to come back. His brain was filled up of engagement with someone he didn’t know. Ah, he knew her slightly but it doesn’t a matter. He never met her and he didn’t love her. Inside his heart, he wanted to cancel the engagement and be engaged with Sohyun instead. But what could he do, he was from Daechang and she was from Hongje.

Wandering in forest with sun about to set was a bad decision.  Just imagined tall and big trees around you, sounds from animals in far away, depend a slight light from sunset for lightening your way, and also...what was that?

His back suddenly felt chill. Narrow from his eyes caught a suspicious moves. He turned his head to that moves and tall grass swayed slowly.

“Just wind.” He mumbled to make him relaxed. Yeah, it wouldn’t appear a surprise thing like a bear, tiger, lion, or maybe *gulp* ghost from that grass. But the sound of grass friction couldn’t help but made him more curious. He took his arch and faced it to the grass. He focused the arrow to the moving grass. When he about to shot, Minji suddenly popped from the grass. But it was too late, Shinwoo had released the arrow. Minji gasped but she succeeded to catch the arrowed. Shinwoo amazed with that quick respond and then sighed in relieve because she could catch it.

“Wow, you are a good archer, sir,” Minji said while chewing berries. She was busy picked berries from low trees behind the tall grass.

Shinwoo walked closer to her. He observed from up and down to make sure that she was okay. “Are you alright?” he asked. Minji nodded while kept eating her berries

“Hmm, these berries are delicious,” Minji said while gave the arrow back to Shinwoo. Shinwoo took the arrow while kept staring at Minji to make him sure that she was okay.

“What is it? Do you want some?” Minji asked. Shinwoo just shook his head.

“Ah, if you want to hunt some wild bears, I’ve seen one around there,” Minji said and pointed to one direction.

“Oh, okay,” Shinwoo said awkwardly. Shinwoo observed Minji once again. Somehow she looked familiar from him, like he had known her for a long time. He shook his head to throw that thought. ‘It’s impossible I know a wanderer like him,’ he thought.

“Okay then, I’ll take my leave. If you want these berries, just picked from a bigger tree. A smaller one has poison. Bye,” Minji said then left him.

***

Sun had totally set already and of course The Forest was totally in darkness. Depend a torch for his ligthing, Tao hoped he could find his Master,  Shin D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter