Believe

Bamboo Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minji woke up in the middle of the night. She looked at Prince Shinwoo who slept soundly beside him. She pull his blanket higher to cover his body perfectly. She then moved to see Tao who slept beside Prince Shinwoo. She walked out in silence to make sure no one awake. When she left the room, Tao opened his eyes. His mind flied to the moment Sandeul talked to him before they left.

“Minji is so suspicious. I want you to look at him closely. If there is anything wrong about him, kill him right away. If Prince Shinwoo know about this, he will disagree because seems like Prince Shinwoo believe at that wanderer. But if we kill him before Prince Shinwoo know, we will save Prince’s life,” Sandeul said. Tao sat then looked at Prince Shinwoo who slept soundly.

“Pure and Clueless are two different things,” Minji’s word was played in his head. Tao knew clearly about that. Sometimes, he wanted to tell Shinwoo about Yusa’s condition. Seeing Jeonju’s condition today made him wondered, was Minji a Hero for Daechang? Was Minji really dangerous? Was Minji coming to help Prince Shinwoo, or he was coming to destroy Prince Shinwoo?

“Queen Dara. What should I do?” Tao mumbled. But in the end he followed where Minji’s going.

***

Tao followed Minji who entered the bamboo forest. Tao wondered what are Minji’s going to do in the forest in the middle of the night. Tao just followed Minji before he lost her. After some meters walked, he could hear water stream. Minji stopped walking and turned around. Tao hide himself then saw Minji walked deeper to the water sound. Tao just followed her and make sure he made less sound.

Not long after that he could see the river and waterfall. He wondered how Minji could know this place. Well, maybe because Minji is wanderer after all, Tao thought. He looked at Minji who walked closer to the stream.

“Will he train his strength under water fall?” Tao mumbled.

The thing that Tao didn’t know was his mouth opened wide. He saw what he supposed not to see. But his eyes were glued to the sight in front of me. He wasn’t sure, was it because he admired the sight because of his male’s instinct or he wanted to make sure that he didn’t see wrong that Minji was a girl.

***

Minji and Tao was asked by Eunji to do some groceries. Minji was still wore her girl clothes so no one in village knew that she came. Looking Minji wore this clothes, Tao then realized, how come he always thought that Minji was a man?

Minji didn’t know why but since this morning, Tao kept glaring at her. Well, she knew that Tao didn’t really like Minji, but his stared was too much.

“Did I do something wrong?” Minji asked to Tao. Tao surprised at the sudden question. He was still not sure about what to do. If he followed Sandeul’s order, he supposed to kill Minji right away. He could kill Minji when she was bathing under waterfall in the middle of the night. The memory of Minji last night played in his mind again and made his face blushed.

“Are you that angry to me? Your face is too red,” Minji said. “Or perhaps, are you sick?” Minji asked again then took some step closer to Tao to touch his forehead. Tao was surprised at Minji’s sudden movement.

“Don’t come closer!” Tao said then took one step back.

“You must really hate me,” Minji said then took some steps away from Tao.

“Well, but since we are asked to buy ingredients for Wooji, so Bonchon you need to be with me until this is over,” Minji said then walked ahead of Tao. Tao just looked at her back. He still didn’t know what to do about her.

“Hey, Bonchon, let’s go back to palace right after we eat,” Minji said and made Tao surprised.

“Why?” Tao asked then raised his eyebrows.

“I feel so many eyes stare at us right now,” Minji said. “I am afraid Wooji’s identity will be revealed,” she added.

Tao then turned around and saw some people lower their head or hide himself. Indeed what Minji said was true. But after what he saw last night, he was in doubt to believe Minji or not.

“Shouldn’t we take care of them right now?” Tao asked.

“Are you stupid? Villager just rebuild this village. Let’s head back and tell Wooji right away,” Minji said.

***

“What? So fast!” Eunji said while chewed her food.

“Eat properly,” Donghyuk said while hit his sister’s arm.

“Minji hyung, you need to talk to other citizen. I bet they will be happy if they know that the one who save this village is the same person,” Donghyuk said.

“I really want to, but I just remember that we have something urgent in Yusa,” Minji said.

Tao glanced at Minji again. Although he was confused right now, he had to admit that Prince Shinwoo might be in danger right now. He could think about what to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter