Okjeo Part II

Bamboo Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao glared at the back of pairs in front of him. It’s weird for him, but he couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable seeing Minji talked happily with Chanyeol. If glares could kill, Chanyeol would be dead by now. On contrast Shinwoo could be careless about how his bodyguard talk to other people. He busy looked around Okjeo. Indeed what Minji said was true that Okjeo is a better city than Yusa. The people looked happier here than people in Yusa.

Suddenly someone ran pass through Tao and Shinwoo and made them snapped from whatever they thought about. The boy that ran through them hit Minji’s head right away and made the girl yelped in pain. Tao then immediately hold the boy hand then threw him to the ground.

“Aww!!” the boy cried in pain, his hand was held in his back and he face the ground. Minji and Chanyeol then looked at the boy on the ground.

“Yah Yoongi Hyung!!” Minji yelled then ran to an older boy who was held by Tao.

“I know him, let him go,” Minji said. Tao then let go his grip.

“Now, you have a bodyguard, huh?” Yoongi mocked her. Minji just grinned and help the boy to stood up.

‘And here we come another boy,’ Tao thought.

“They are my friends,” Minji said.

“Then, they are also from neighbor?” Yoongi asked. Minji just nodded.

“They cannot talk with Hongje’s accent. And worst, their Dechang’s accent is too strong,” Minji said then laughed along with the boys. Tao felt tortured, he couldn’t tell whatever in his mind due to Minji’s warning before.

“Ah, I forgot to introduce him, he is Chanyeol Hyungnim’s friend, Yoongi Hyungnim. You are safe with him, we are the group who opposed the war,” Minji said.

“I bet they really want to talk and ask us many things. Let’s go to our house first,” Yoongi said. Both Minji and Chanyeol agreed. The trio then led the way. The beam in Tao’s eyes showed how unpleasant his feeling is.

***

The four boys and a girl sat while enjoying the tea. The taste of tea that Minji loved, the unique taste that can only be tasted in Hongje. Both Tao and Shinwoo’s eyes widened as soon as the tea touched their tongue.

“It’s the best, right?” Yoongi asked while smiling to the boys.

“I still can remember the first time Minji tried the tea. He immediately talk in Daechang’s accent,” Chanyeol asked and made Yoongi laughed along with him. “Yeah, he is lucky no one around that time,” Yoongi said again.

“Well enough talk about me,” Minji said while pouting. Tao looked at the girl beside him while furrowing his brows. Minji really did aegyo a lot here.

“There is this issue that this tea is the cause of the war between Daechang and Hongje,” Yoongi said.

“No, that’s not true,” Shinwoo said and made the other four looked at his way.

“Well of course it’s not true. The more plausible reason is because both country want to widen their country,” Yoongi said again.

“But, isn’t this war too long?” Chanyeol said. MInji sipped her tea while looking at Shinwoo. Another reason Minji introduced Shinwoo to these boys was because of their deep thought. It could help Shinwoo to open up his mind about his country’s condition.

“Yeah, it’s too long,” Yoongi said.

“Who do you think suffer the most about the war?” Yoongi asked both Tao and Shinwoo.

“Troops? They needed to face the war, leave their family behind, and face the death. They also see the death of his colleagues,” Tao said. Minji looked at Tao. Minji realized the way Tao talked, he really had through a lot. Being a commander in the young age must be hard.

“Well, it can be true. But the one who really suffer is the citizen. If troops can come back home alive, they will become hero and get rewards. Where will they get the money? Tax. Although, sorry, if he died, their family will still get the money. Where will they get the money? It also comes from taxes,” Yoongi said.

“On the other hand, the price of the war, how troops get the horse, a good weapons, and the foods, they also come from taxes,”Chanyeol added.

“But they don’t face with death,” Tao added.

“Maybe it’s true. All citizen do just pay the tax without facing the war directly. But, if the war is too long, how many money they need to spend? They also need some for their life. If you see Okjeo or Yusa, you won’t really understand the situation. You need to see people in the suburbs area. They can’t provide a good fertilizer nor cow to fertilize the farm,” Chanyeol said.

“Let’s talk again about the troops. Since they get money and their life are guaranteed by the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter