When Mark and Haeun Fight and Mark Tries To Get Her Back

SCRIBBLES: Scenario Shop [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

For: loveisintheair7

Partner: Mark Tuan

Enjoy!

“Where are you going?” Haeun flimsily reached for Mark. He shot daggers at her and snatched his hand away from her grasp. Haeun pulled her hand back as the tears started pricking the corners of her eyes once again. Mark turned around and just stared at her; panting, nose flaring, blood boiling. “Please say something,” She begged and covered her face as the tears threatened to spill. “Say something,” She said and finally surrendered to the inevitable tears. She quietly sobbed in front of him as the heavy weight started to settle onto her shoulders. “Where am I going?” Mark snapped. “You really want to know where I’m going?” He took one step, no, two steps towards her.

Haeun looked up at him and scooted away from him. “You’re scaring me,” She whispered. “Now you’re being all scared? After what you did to Min you expect me to believe this act you put up?” He scrunched his face with ‘disgust’ written all over his face. “This is bull!” He yelled and slammed his hand on the wall causing a loud noise to echo through the room. “I didn’t do this, I didn’t do that! I’m innocent believe me!” He irritatingly mocked her. “I—I’m not putting up an act, Mark. Please believe me. I have never done anything to Min unlike what she’s saying. I have never even laid a finger on her. Mark, you know me. You know I would never do anything like that,” She pleaded as the tears finally dripped down her cheeks. “Haeun, stop it. You’re making yourself look stupid. I’m not going to stay here and waste time with you while my own girlfriend is at home crying.” He said through gritted teeth.

“You’re all I have left, Mark. I don’t want to lose you.” Haeun tried to stifle a sob as she spoke. A pang of guilt stung his heart when those words left but his hands turned into fists as a gush of anger rushed through him. “You should have thought of that before you acted like a total to Min.” His eyes were flaring and it terrified her. It’s like he wasn’t the person she knew. “I’m sorry that you still believe her,” Haeun walked towards him but he took a step back. He was about to say something when he decided against it at the last minute, turned around and walked towards the door.

“Mark,” She mumbled. He stopped in his tracks and slowly turned around. “What?” He hissed. She was about to say something but nothing came out. She opened but hesitated and decided to just stay quiet. “Stop wasting my time,” He impatiently tapped his foot on the floor. “Please believe me,” She cried out and sat down onto the floor covering her tear stained face with her hands. Mark rolled his eyes and stormed out of the door, slamming the door behind him as he left. He left. Contradicting himself when he made that promise on the night of the terrible accident.

The knives sliced through her heart and pain was crawling in her veins as she took in heavy breaths. He promised he would always be there for her when literally no one else was left. Day after day when she would patiently wait for him to come back to her and go back to the old days when everything was okay but maybe that day will never come. Her heart ache just thinking of how stupid she was to actually think that things would go back to the way they used to be. She missed him. She missed her best friend. She missed how they used to be and how simple life was back then but it seemed as if God was piling up problem after problem complication and hardship everyday causing her to slowly drown and not being seen by the eye of people.

Seconds, minutes maybe even an hour or two passed by after he left her. She was still there sitting at the foot of the door like a puppy waiting for his owner to come back home. But in this case, there was no one else she was waiting for to come home. She was alone now. Her eyes were red and puffy and they stung from all the crying; she couldn’t see anything aside from the blurred and mashed up colours. She couldn’t even think straight. All she could hear was Mark’s voice echoing in her mind and the sounds of her hiccupping.

Haeun quietly stood up and held onto the wall to regain her balance and slowly made her way to the bathroom. She switched the light on revealing a complete stranger in the mirror. Her hair was a mess, eyes all swollen and red with dark spots under them, her cheeks were wet and bright red. She wasn’t herself anymore. “What’s happened to you?” She whispered and the faucet letting the cold water rush down to her cupped hands as they started to pool in them. “I’m so tired,” She mumbled and splashed the water onto her face letting them crawl down her cheeks and down to her neck; sending a chill up her spine. She stepped into the tub and rotated the faucet as the same cold water flowed out and started to fill up.

The cold water started soaked her clothes and pooled around her forearms and it stung. “Help me,” She whispered before closing her eyes and leaning back onto the tub. The water heightened and she just lay there in silence as thoughts started murdering her mind. Fragments of the accident flashed and tears welled up once again. “You promised,” She sobbed.

“I guess he got sick of me,” Haeun shrugged as she stuffed another spoon of soup in . “He would never get tired of you, Haeun. Believe me,” Miyoung smiled and tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear. “Mark loves you,” She added causing a wave of sadness to wipe her out. “He doesn’t believe me. He even mocked me and I’ve never seen him so angry before.” She bit her lip and tried to hold back the tears that had been coming for the past three weeks. Miyoung stayed quiet for a few moments as she carefully thought of what to say.

Miyoung carefully reached out and rested her hand on Haeun’s shoulder. “If it makes you feel better, I know you didn’t do it.” She smiled causing Haeun to look up at her with a puzzled look on her face. “You’re just saying that because you’re biased,” Haeun sighed and dug her face in her hands once again. “Haeun, I know you didn’t do it. I—I was there when Min had that outburst and I saw everything. I—I can talk to Mark if you want—“ “I don’t want to drag you in our problems. Let him be, he’ll probably find out sooner or later,” Haeun sniffled and patted her cheeks with a napkin. “But what if I can help you convince Mark and make him see how much of a his girlfriend actually is?” Miyoung shook her shoulders as she desperately tried to get her to say yes.

“Miyoung, if he didn’t believe me, his best friend, what makes you think he’ll believe you?” Haeun looked at her and waited for an answer. “Well, it wouldn’t hurt to try, right?” Miyoung tilted her head to the side as she thought of the idea. “I don’t think it’s a good thing to do. He’ll probably say I even got you to lie for me.” Haeun nibbled on her lip. She knew deep down that Miyoung could actually help in this situation but then what if this was a chance for them to actually realize that they’re better off without each other? What if they’re just meant to be out of each other’s lives? She didn’t want to force herself into someone’s life.

Miyoung just watched as the broken girl try to hold back the sobs and tears that were aching to come out. “Maybe he needs some space,” Miyoung finally said. Haeun looked up at her and flashed a heartbreakingly sad smile. “We’ve been fighting for so long, I don’t think space can heal this,” She looked away and nibbled onto the inside of her cheek. “Time alone can heal things, Haeun. Don’t lose hope.” Miyoung held onto her hand and gave it a little squeeze. “I—I think you should go,” Haeun suddenly said as she stood up on her feet and took the empty bowl into the kitchen sink. “It’s getting late,” She pointed at the dark sky through the window. “I guess you’re right.” Miyoung stood up and wore her jacket.

“Are you sure you’re going to be alright?” She turned to Haeun. “I’ve been okay for the past two years,” Haeun smiled and turned to go back into her room.

 

 

“You came,” Min smiled and saw Mark standing on her porch with his hands stuffed in his pockets. “Of course I came,” He looked up at her with his red puffy eyes. “Come in,” Min took his hand and pulled him int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter