Chapter Two

Melancholy Of Love

Yuna prepared herself  for her presentation  for today's meeting. Yuna was given a chance to find a new product she can present  for the next opening of their company this spring.The Song family own a very luxurious Home Shopping center that every man can imagine. The Song family is known in the business industry because of their company. Mr.Hyunsuk Song, the president of the Home Shopping Center  is a wealthy man and known as the man of his words. He is Yuna and Mino's father. Mino, Yuna's half brother is currently the vice president  of their company. Yuna works for the company as the Secretary of her brother.

"Are you ready Ms.Song?" Jinhwan the assistant of the president cheekily asked Yuna

" Ne. I'm so ready " Yuna answered

Jinhwan and Yuna confidently walk through  the hallway when suddenly  they meet Leehi, the wife of Yuna's brother,  Mino.

" oh, Director Lee Annyeonghaseyo" Yuna bowed together  with Jinhwan

" you are lucky Yuna.Make sure the presentation goes well or else you're going  to start at the bottom again" she replied 

" ah ne.  I will do my best"

Leehi continue to walk as she passed  by Yuna and Jinhwan.

" I know you can do it Ms.Song" Jinhwan cheers at Yuna

"Thank you Mr.Kim " Yuna smiled at him

As she and Jinhwan entered the room she found her father sitting on his chair in the middle of the table and beside him is her brother Mino who seriously scans the set of paperworks. Yuna put a smile on her face and confidently stand in front of the directors, president and the vice president of the company.

"Good morning  to all of you.  I'm Song Yuna and I'm  going to start  the presentation right now" she stated as all of the people  inside the meeting room focus their eyes on her

Yuna confidently start the presentation and as the presentation goes on her father especially his brother concentrate  on what she was doing. When the presentation was finally finished everybody clapped their hands together. The presentation was successful.The staff of the company happily congratulate Yuna for what she did. 

"You did a great Job Yuna" The president,  Eunna's father said to her

" ah ne Mr. President.  Thank you" Yuna bowed at him

"Let's have a dinner celebration at home later shall we?" Her dad asked

" sure Mr.President.That would be delightful" and Yuna answered

" join us Mr. Kim" The president demand to Jinhwan

" my pleasure Mr.President " Jiwhan replied

As Yuna and Jinhwan walked  out from the meeting room they saw Mino who was busy talking with the other directors.When Mino saw Yuna and Jinhwan he excused hiself and walked towards the two.

" I'm sure father is really proud of you right now" Mino said to Yuna

" ah ne.komawo-yo"  Yuna bowed to him

"You did good... but not good enough" Mino suddenly stated

Mino passed by Yuna and Jinhwan.  Suddenly he paused.

" maybe you can do better next time... if there will be a next time" he added then continue to walk away

Yuna was frozen on her place when she heard what her brother said. No matter  what Yuna do to make her family proud  her father is the only one who always appreciate what she was doing. Her brother Mino was never been proud of her because for Mino the more Yuna become successful the more attention she gets from their father.

For Mino, Yuna is a big pest in his life. Ever since Yuna came to his life he always need to share everything he had even his father's attention. 

Song Minho also known as Mino is the only Son of Hyunsuk Song from his legal wife.  Mino was a humble and caring Son. He loves his parents  so much.  Until one day her mother  caught  in an accident.  When his mother  found out that the president  had a child on other woman her mother ran away and meet  an accident. Mino just cried. He didn't  know what to do because  he's  just a child that time.  When Yuna was introduced  to him as his half sister Mino thought that she was the reason  why his mother died and why his family was broken. Ever since that day Mino was always grim and cold to Yuna. Mino said to himself  that he must be strong  no matter what happen. He also promised to himself that he should take all what is rightfully meant for him. 

-----

When CEO Song went to the other country  for some business trip Yuna and Mino together  with  the maids was left in their home. They were  forbidden to go outside especially at night  but Mino was so itchy to leave the house because  he was invited  by his friends to hang out that night. In desperate Mino escaped  from the mansion and went out to hang out with his friends.  No one knew what he did except for his 9 year old sister who was quietly following Mino with his friends.

" oppa! " Yuna called to his brother

Mino was so startled  when he saw his sister following  him.

"What are you doing here?!  Why are you following  me?! It's  already  late! Go home!" Mino said to Yuna

"But you should also go home now oppa.  Dad told us never go outside with out any assistance from the guards" Yuna replied  to his brother

"I don't  need your opinion and I don't care!  So bugger off! "Mino pushed  Yuna away

"Oppa! Oppa!  Let's go home! " Yuna suddendly cried

Mino ignored  Yuna and continued  to walk away from her but as Mino walked  acrossed the street Yuna carelessly  followed  him and didn't  noticed a car approaching . The car almost  bump to Yuna but luckily a pair of arms pushed her away. Instead of Yuna, Mino was the one who was hit by the car.  Crimson  blood  started to spread  on the ground.  Yuna ran to her brother and try to wake him up.

"Oppa! Oppa  wake up!" Yuna shaked his brother's body while she's crying

"Oppa!"

Mino was rushed to the hospital  and his life is in a critical condition. Their father dashed back to Seoul as soon as he found  out what happened.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" The president  asked to Yuna who's still sobbing  about what happened

" father miane-yo. It's all my fault why Mino oppa is hurt" Yuna apologize to her father

"It's not your fault my dear. It's an Accident.  Stop blaming yourself  my dear. It's not your fault  okay?  Stop crying  now" Yuna's father tries to calm her

Mino was comatose for weeks and Yuna still blames  herself  on what happened  to her brother. It's hard for her to see her beloved  brother laying helplessly on a bed.  

"Oppa! Wake up soon okay?" Yuna said to her brother who's still unconscious

Mino oppa from now own I promise that I will never be a pest to your life anymore. I will be the person you asked me before. As soon as you wake up I will never bother  you again. I will never ask you to play with me or teach me on my studies anymore.  I will stay away from you like you always  asked me before. I promise that I will  always be invisible in your sight. And lastly I promise that I will be the person you can lean on " Yuna told to Mino

Yuna meant what she said even though it's  hard for her. She knows Mino hates her so much to the point that Mino can't accept  her as his sister. It's one of the most painful thing Yuna had experienced after her mother passed  away.She thinks it's better this way than to be a total stranger to her brother. 

As Yuna came to his father's study room she heard his father scolding her brother. 

" Your sister almost meet an accident  because of your selfishness" Their father yelled  to Mino

" I didn't told her to follow me! " Mino talked back

" So your telling  me that it's not your fault?!  Don't give me a very shoal reason!"

When Yuna heard their conversation she suddenly felt so guilty. She knew it's not Mino's fault. It's her fault.  Yuna thought that She should  be the one that being scolded right now not Mino. 

"From now own  you need to live in America" CEO Song told to Mino

" mwo-yo? Why?! " Mino asked confusingly

" I need to get you ready for the near future. I need to assure  that this company of mine will fall into a good hands when the time comes" their father answered

" but why  do I need  to go in America? I can study here!" Mino complaints

" Your skills will sharply improved there instead  of here... And also to get Yuna safe from your carelessness" 

Yuna's heart broke when she found out that Mino is going to America. She's  blaming herself again.  If she just obey what her brother said to her all of the mischance is not going to happen. 

--------

" Ms. Song are you alright? " Jihwan pokes at Yuna

"Ah ne." Yuna simply answered  as she gets backs to her sense

Yuna and Jinhwan is on their way to the mansion where they're going to have the dinner celebration for Yuna's successful  presentation. 

" don't mind what Mino told you. We both know that  he's always  like that" Jinhwan told to Yuna who's looking at  the sunset through the window

" but why is he always  like that?  I mean, is it really hard for him to be nice to me? " Yuna response to Jinhwan  who is busy driving 

" Mino can be harsh. But I  know he's proud on what you did" Jinhwan smiled to Yuna trying  to make the girl feeling  okay

" I hope so"

Jinhwan And Mino are friends ever since Mino moved to America. They graduated  on the same university.  Mino and Jinhwan  are really close friends. So when Mino came back to Korea he asked  Jinhwan to work in his father's company which Jinhwan quickly agreed. 

Jinhwan is also from a wealthy family. His mother own a five star restaurant in Jeju and his father is a well known business man in Korea. Jinhwan got a scholarship  in America  so he decided  to live and study there.  But what Jinhwan  love is to sing and perform in front  of many people. But his father wants  him to be a business man because he is the next heir of their family's business.  Jinhwan can't disobey his father's decision because  he respect  his father so much. 

Yuna considered Jinhwan as her good friend of her even though he still  knew Jinhwan for two years. Jinhwan is very friendly to Yuna and he always  helps the girl when she have a problem. Yuna is the first  person that Jinhwan knew when he's  just new to the company. Jinhwan considered Yuna as a very special person to him. He knew what's Yuna's story.  He already knew what kind of person Yuna is,  even though he just knew her. And for Jinhwan it's his responsibility to protect  Yuna and attend  to the needs of the girl. 

When they finally  arrived  the maids welcomed  them and escorted  them to the dinning hall.  They found the CEO, Mino and Lee hi,  waiting  for their  arrival.  Yuna and Jinhwan sat across  the table.  Yuna is sitting  beside her sister-in-law while Jinhwan  is sitting  beside Mino. 

" I'm glad you came" the CEO said to Jinhwan

"I can't say no to the President" Jinhwan  replied

When the maid served the food everyone in the room start eating their meal. 

"By the way.. Leehi where's your brother Bobby?" The president  asked to Leehi

" oh, he's busy for his studies  " Lee hi answered  to the president

" Mino told me that he's going to graduate  this year. Why don't  you let him work in the company? I'm sure he's bright as you" the president  recommend

"Ah.. Jinja? Thank you Mr. President  I'm going to tell him about that" Lee hi happily  replied  to the president

"Oh, I remembered. I think Yuna is now qualified  to be promoted  as one of our directors"

When the president said that, Mino's expression changed. Yuna was startled  on what she heard.She didn't expect that her father is going to say that. 

"Mr. Kim I want you to help Yuna to prepare  for her promotion " The president said to Jinhwan

"Ne Mr. President" Jinhwan obeyed

"So you already think she's qualified to  that position? "Mino suddenly asked to the president as he stop from eating

"Ne of course. She did a great job earlier  And she's a very hardworking Secretary of yours so I think she's ready for a promotion " His father answered

" I disagree. She's still not qualified to be promoted. She still lacks on experience" Mino said as he looks at his sister

"I agree with Mino Mr. President Yuna just started working two years ago. Its not fair with the other employees and directors" Leehi  added

"Mr. President you don't need to... "Yuna tries to talk

"Yuna will be promoted whether you like it or not! " the president  suddenly  stated

Everyone in the room shut their mouths. Yuna shook down her head and tries to stop herself  from talking  back . She knew Mino didn't wanted the idea of their father. Mino doesn't want Yuna to be promoted  because he  just want her to stay at the bottom. Where she can't reach him. For Mino, Yuna can be  big a threat for the position he wanted in the company. He wouldn't  let Yuna to ruin his life again.

"Just because you're the daughter of the president doesn't mean you can claim every position you want" Mino stated glaring at Yuna

" Mino!"  The president yelled

" I didn't say that and I'm not claiming  anything" Yuna defend

" you should really know your place in  the company especially in this family.We all now that you're  just a illegitimate chi-...." before Mino could  finish his sentence his father splash a glass of water to his face

Everyone  in the dining room got surprised on what the president did to Mino.  Mino didn't expect that coming. His face is dripping  with cold water that  his father splashed to him. Yuna was frozen on her sit because of what happened. Her hands curled up trying to stop her self from crying.

"didn't I told you before that I don't want to hear those kind of words from your mouth anymore! Don't  you ever call your sister an illegitimate! She's my daughter! Both of you are my children of mine" The president  angrily said to Mino

" huh... classic! She's not my sister.  She's a pest in my life! " Mino talked back

" Yah Song Minho!" The president stated

" Mr. President getting angry is not good for your health. Calm down"Jinhwan suddenly  said

" I don't care about my health anymore.My son is the one who always gave me a pain in head. I think he's also the one who is going  to kill me! " the president  respond  to Jinwhan

" Mr. President don't say that" Yuna said

" He's your son President. You can't say those kind of words to him" Lee hi said

" it feels like I'm the one who's the outsider here instead of my sister" Mino said as he stood up from his chair

Mino bowed to his father then stormed  out from the dining room. Lee hi aggressively followed his husband while Yuna, Jinwhan  and the president was left in the dining room.

Yuna was still shocked on what happened. All this time, all she ever wanted is a normal family that is living  peacefully. She always wish for it. Her dream is to be accepted by his brother as his sister even though they have a different mother. It's always difficult her to accept the fact that She's just a illegitimate child of her father from a housemaid. For her what Mino said to her earlier  was right. She should  know her place  in the company  and the family. She's the outsider not her bother.

------

"I'm sorry  for what happened" Yuna apologize to Jinwhan as the car stopped in front  of Yuna's house

"It's nothing. In behalf  of my friend Mino I'm the one who's going  to apologize for his action earlier.Miane-yo" Jinwhan said to Yuna

"He really hates me.He hates me to the point that he can even accept me as his sister" Yuna suddenly  said

When Jinwhan saw a tear coming  from Yuna's eyes he slowly  moved towards  the girl and gently  brushed his fingers to the girl's cheek.  Jinhwan  never saw Yuna cry.  It's his first time to see the girl crying like this. Yuna couldn't  hold it anymore so she suddenly  burst in tears.  Jinwhan took Yuna's shoulder  and wrapped  his arms around her. He can see the girl's face. It's one of the most saddest things Jinwhan saw. He really wanted to comfort the girl but all he can do is to embrace her and let her cry until her tears dry up.