Chapter Seven

Melancholy Of Love

As Yuna walks out of the house she saw Bobby standing in front of the house while leaning to a silver car. 

 

" Good morning Yuna" Bobby greets 

 

"Uhm.... Good morning Jiwon. What are you doing here? If you're looking for Lee hi unnie she already left. She have an early meeting today with the investors I believe"

 

Bobby gives a smirk to Yuna and walks towards her. 

 

"I'm not waiting for Lee hi nonna. I am waiting for you"

 

Yuna suddenly looked confused and at the same time shy of what did Bobby said. 

 

"Do you need something from me? You should've have text or call me instead. "

 

" ah it's not that. I-I just wondered if I can give you a ride to the office, since I'm also going there today"

 

"Oh.... is that so? Uhm.. thank you for the offer but I think I can take a taxi....."

 

"Please? Just this time. I-I can't leave you behind. Besides it would be nice if you can teach me something about the company since I'll start working there today"

 

" jinja?... c-congratulations.I'm  happy for you Jiwon."

 

"Really? That's good to hear. So shall we go now? You don't want to be late right? " Bobby said as he opened the door of the car offering Yuna the front sit

 

Yuna don't want to argue with Bobby anymore so she decided to ride inside the car and let Bobby drive her to the office. Bobby happily started the engine of the car and drive their way to the office. 

 

As they travel to office the silence starts to invade inside the car. As Bobby drives the car he can't help but to peek at Yuna. He takes a peek at the young lady every two minutes. Trying to spark up a conversation. But Yuna is busy reading some papers, she can't even notice Bobby was already talking to her. 

 

"Uhm... Yuna are you listening?" Bobby suddenly asked

 

"Oh. I'm sorry. What is it?" Yuna turns to Bobby at the same time continues to read some papers

 

"I heard The president wants to appoint you to be a director" Bobby says as he pay attention to the road

 

Yuna paused as she heard what Bobby said. She suddenly remember the incident last time. The time when his father, the president got angry to Mino because Mino opposed to what his father said about her promotion. 

 

" I don't think I can do it" Yuna says with a droppy tone

 

"Why not? " Bobby wondered 

 

"Because... my brother thinks I can't do it. And also I'm still not capable enough for the position" Yuna answers 

 

"That's not true" Jiwon suddenly spoke

 

"Then what makes you think I can do it?" Yuna asked

 

"You're the most hardworking person I know. You're a kind and loving daughter. You always give your best to the things you always wanted to reach. You're not the kind person who gives up easily just because you fail at first. " Jiwon answered with a smile on his face

 

Yuna was surprised on what Jiwon said and didn't even manage to talk back. 

 

" Are you trying to think how to get off from this car now?" Jiwon suddenly said

 

Yuna turns her head and tries to hold back her laugh. 

 

"No, I'm not planning to" Yuna respond 

 

As they arrived the two of them simply walk their way in the company. They were about to meet the President, Yuna's father as they walk through the lobby. Yuna and Bobby politely bow their head to the president as they greeted him. 

 

" Good morning Mr. President" Bobby

Politely said as he bow

 

"Ah, you're Lee Jiwon right?" Asked the president 

 

"Ah, Yes Mr. President" Bobby answered 

 

"Hmmmm... it's really nice to see you here. I hope you can contribute this company's growth" Said the President 

" I will always do my best to work in this company sir" Jiwon replied 

 

"That's good to hear. I'm looking forward to that" said the president 

 

" Yuna, I believe it's your first day as a director. I'm rooting for you. Do your best and most importantly don't let other's see your weakness. They can take you down easily if you let them see you're weak"

 

The president's message to Yuna is simple and clear. Before he appointed Yuna to that position the president already knows that many people will oppose to his decision but the President believes to his daughter's ability to lead the company's future to a greater path. 

 

"Thank you Mr. President" Yuna bowed

 

As the President bids his goodbye, Mr. And Mrs. Song have just arrived. The husband and wife greeted the President and bowed to him politely like Yuna and Bobby did. 

 

" are you leaving now Mr. President?" Ask Mini

 

"Ah, Yes. I just signed some papers here. I still have a plane to catch going to America. I have a meeting with some foreign investors" The president answered 

 

"Well then, take care of your self father" Mino said 

 

" have a safe flight Mr. President" Lee hi said 

 

"Thank you" said the president 

 

"Come back safely, father" Yuna said hoping her father's safety

 

When the president was gone there an awkward silence between the two parties. Yuna couldn't bring her to face and talk to his brother after what happened in last time's dinner. 

 

Bobby breaks the silence as he greeted the couple. Yuna, followed what Bobby did even though an awkwardness surrounds them. 

 

"Good luck on your first day" Mino said to Yuna

 

"T-thank you... " Yuna lifted her head and quickly respond to his brother. It's is so rare to Yuna hear some words like that from his brother. Normally Mino will just ignore her but what Yuna heard is like a sound of a bell to hear ears. Yuna couldn't help but to feel happy and confused at the same time. 

 

" and also to you Bobby, Good luck" Mino then said to Bobby 

 

" do your best Bobby, don't let me down and put our names in shame" Lee hi's stiff message to her brother 

 

" yes, Nonna" Bobby politely replied 

 

When the couple was gone Bobby walk Tuna to her new office. The office was spacious and the table is quite big. Yuna didn't expect it. 

 

"Wow! This is amazing! " Bobby said as he walks around the office

 

"I thought I was just getting a new table today not a huge office" Yuna said 

 

Yuna walk to the rectangular table and saw a glass name plate on it. Engraved on it is Her name. 

 

"Song Yuna"

" Director"

 

Yuna gulped as she saw the name plate on the table and still couldn't believe that she's now a director. 

 

"Uhm.... Yuna I have to go" Bobby said

 

"Oh, okay. Thank you for driving and walking me here" Yuna response

 

"You're welcome" Bobby smiled at her

 

When Yuna was finally alone she sat on her chair and nervously examined her desk. She couldn't contain what she feels. She's so happy. 

 

"Fighting!" She cheered on herself as she start working on the papers that on her table

 

                          ------------

 

Hanbin was sitting on a chair with a small dining table. Soft instrumental music is playing on the background. And as he look outside the wide glass window of the cafe he recognized some familiar flowers that on the branches of a tree swinging and dancing with the breeze outside. He suddenly remember the girl. The girl who said he saved two times. He remembered how the girl looked. Her long black hair, her lips and most of all her black stained innocent looking eyes. 

 

"Oppa!" A girl jump on Hanbin

 

Hanbin looks at the girl and plastered a smile on his face. The girl kissed him on the cheeks then sat down the chair across him. 

 

"Oppa, did you wait too long? I'm sorry if I'm late. I still went to salon to style my hair. You now when you called me I'm so happy. I know you couldn't resist me. Oh by the way I planned a vacation for us this coming weekend and...... "

 

"Heejin-ssi, let's break up" Hanbin interrupts 

 

The girl's mouth drop open as soon as she heard what Hanbin said. 

 

"O-oppa.... "

 

"I'm sorry but I think this relationship will not work out now" Hanbin said as he watch the girl's face turned blank

 

"I'm really sorry. No matter what I do I can't love you back. The truth is there's already someone I like. I'm sorry" Hanbin said as he stood up from his chair and plan to walk out

 

But as he turned his back, the girl stood up and and grab his back. Hanbin can feel the girl's tight embrace to him. He really did feel sorry for her but he thought it's better to end their relationship right now than letting it go on and making it hard for the girl. 

 

Some of the few customers in the cafe was looking at them. Hanbin can clearly see each person in the cafe whispering to each other. He and the girl is obviously the main topic of the people in the cafe right now. Hanbin released his body from the girl's embrace and grab the girl out of the cafe. 

 

"Heejin-ahh... I'm sorry but I can't love y-you... " 

 

The girl slap Hanbin on his cheeks. Hanbin was obviously shock. 

 

" You're a jerk! I will make you pay for this. For toying me" The girl turn her back and walked away 

 

Hanbin sigh in disappointment, he thought he can make a peaceful breakup with Heejin but it doesn't come out as he expected. As he turn around, a girl standing, meters away from him obviously saw the whole thing. 

 

"Haaa.... well that's embarrassing" Hanbin said

 

"So your the kind of guy who breaks girl's heart huh" Yuna said to him

 

" are you stalking me? " Hanbin asked

 

" in you wildest dream" Yuna answered

 

"I'm just hear to get a coffee and a slice of cake. I'm not stalking" Yuna added

 

Hanbin chuckled a little and sigh again. He was about to walk away when Yuna called him. 

 

-------

 

AN: Hello my dear chingus. It's been a while since the last update. I hope you like the flow of the story. If you have some questions about the story or the character feel free to ask me. Also,  please do vote and comment your thoughts about this chapter. Thank you for reading. 😊