Chapter 8

Surviving High School

It was the day of the concert and the anxiety within the students performing built up every hour as they finalised their last rehearsals before the real thing.

Sunhi muttered to herself all of the worst case scenarios that could occur that make her question her entire existences. The guys sat up against the wall inside their dance studio watching her anxiously paced back and forth.

“Sunhi just relax, you’re going to do fine, and you rehearsed a thousands of times already” Suga tried to encourage and ease Sunhi but it all flew over her head. After Suga had listened to Sunhi’s singing he has been interested in her and her ability, he wants her to thrive to her fullest potential that he sees in her.

Micha kept fiddling with her pen in class, she was annoyed that the teachers wouldn’t let her help out for the concert because she didn’t “signup” before to do so. She looked out the window and sunk down in her seat waiting for the time to pass by, too unmotivated to do anymore work.

For the whole school day Sunhi and BTS rehearsed in the studios and stage an interval of times, Micha was only able to see them during lunch and break times in the dance studio.

But finally the last bell rung until the end of summer break. All the students fled from the school to get ready for the concert. A group trying to convince the teachers to let them in early to watch then set up, but they were too stubborn to give in. At this moment Micha took the opportunity and successfully snuck in without getting caught.

Micha pretended to set up and carried a box filled with random spare decorations into the girls change room where the girls were getting prepped in. Micha had her phone out recording Sunhi’s “big day” and jump scared her when she was waiting for the lady to do the finishing touches on her hair and make-up.

SUNHI SUNHI SUNHI~ Who is my beautiful Sunhi?”Micha sung – poorly. “Oh my GOD, you amazing!” They squealed with their hands locked together. They took cute to creepy selca’s on Micha’s phone before letting Sunhi go to get changed.

“Some final words before I go?” Micha held her phone up close to Sunhi’s face.

“FIGHTING!”

Micha paused the video and with cheeky smile creeps her way to the boys change room.

“OH MY GOD guys!! I can’t believe this is happening! Sunhi looks great, you guys look great. Wow! This is going to be a great night. Guys say something to the camera, Sunhi did already!” all the guys covered their bodies from the unexpected girl in the boys change room. Nevertheless, BTS ran up to the camera already dressed screamed out their excitement. Jungkook was still changing and tried to get out of the camera’s shot.

“Whoaaaa, Jungkooookk! You’ve got quite a body, which makes sense. More broad than smarts” Micha directs the camera at shirtless Jungkook, who was covering up his abs with his school shirt.

“Shut up!” Micha laughed, running out before Jungkook calls her out to the teacher.

 

The seats slowly started to fill up with parents and squealing school girls waiting to see BTS perform. The lights dim and the crowd falls silent, Mrs. Kim walks into the spot light and gives a short introduction before they announce the opening acts.

The crowd roared to the opening act of JYP students TWICE, all the boys googly eyed them the whole time and never wanted them to leave, as they showed off their talent in cute clothes, the competition was already hard to beat.

Artist after artist had catch up beat acts until Sunhi came on, the crowd was moved by her soulful vocals that Taehyung and Micha couldn’t wait to give her a big hug, the crowd swayed their arms and phone lights high to the song until it was over, then everyone cheered. Backstage Sunhi got spaghetti legs and lost balance into Taehyung’s arms, he nearly fell as well as he was just as nervous as her. But feeling of Sunhi in his arms was calming that he didn’t want to let go, he helped her stand and pet her head proudly for doing a good job. Sunhi didn’t want to admit what she was feeling or why she was feeling like that at the touch of Taehyung.

It was GOT7 time to shine, to prove to BTS that they are more talented than them. They walked past with strong glares are they approached the stage, everything was strong and powerful from vocals to dancing, they had it all, the success was at the tip of their fingers, but not close enough to grab as the maknae misplaced his foot and nearly tips, costing them the score they strived for. Everyone still cheered them on when they finished.

The boys walked down disappointed as the maknae shamefully kept his head down to scared to make eye contact with the others.

 “You guys did great!” Micha cheered as GOT7 walked by to head to the change rooms, only Jackson took it to offense and glowered at Micha then to BTS “This isn’t over” he pointed.

Thank you everyone for attending tonight’s concert, we would like to end the night with our last year winners: BANGTAN BOYS!” the crowd roared once again to Mrs. Kim’s final announcement. Jackson dropped his hand to the sound s of faint screams calling out for BTS before walking out with no words.

The boys ran up to the stage and the girls screeched at the sight of them, and as always they made the crowd feel alive, everyone stood and danced to BTS. Instantly they won first place with TWICE second and Sunhi third.

They received trophies and a gift card. Sunhi couldn’t believe it; Micha jumped up and down and squealed in excitement for Sunhi and the boys, it was such a trilling moment for the first years to experience such an alive and heart pounding moment.

It was a great way to end the last day of school, the concert finally came to an end, and all of the performers met up with their parents and hanged around before heading home.

Sunhi’s mum and sister plus Micha’s mum waited excitedly for the girls to come out,and when they did Sunhi’s mum gave her a tight hug, “I am so proud of you, you did great!” Sunhi’s older sister, Bongcha, joined Micha for another squeal session as her adrenaline still hasn’t gone down yet.

All of BTS were with their families and introduced the new members to every single one of them, making their BTS family even bigger. Even though Suga’s family never cares to attend his performances, Rap Monster’s always makes him feel like he’s a part of his. The boys’ huddles up for a group photo to celebrated their first win as seven. Jin spotted Micha and Sunhi in the crowd of families and called them over for another photo, the boys and Sunhi showed off their awards while Micha excited posed in the corner.

BTS stayed back when their families left and snuck up behind Micha and Sunhi, “ready to head back to my place?” Sunhi’s mum smiles while the girls and Micha’s mum nod. “Do you boys want to come to? We have ice cream waiting at home”

“OOH I’m up for ice cream!”

“ME TOO”

The boys all raised their hands up like kids excited for free food. Micha and Bongcha followed and Sunhi froze in shock by her mum being so carefree to invite seven boys to their house.

The mum’s and Bongcha hopped into their cars while the students walked to Sunhi’s place.

A white two story with a black and white fence, and with a balcony and open garage.

 

“Damn Sunhi! Is this your house??” the boys mouths dropped at the sight of her beautiful house. The inside had the kitchen on the left and a wide hallway straight ahead that led to the living room at the end on the right. On the near right was the half turning staircase with carpet steps and dark wood rails with a balcony to see who’s at the door from the second floor. The second floor was where all the rooms were, the whole house was painted is green beige with white summer curtains.

When they entered Sunhi’s mum already prepared guest slippers for the boys and Micha while her and Micha’s mum were in the kitchen preparing cookie and cream ice cream. Bongcha exited the kitchen from the sound of the door closing.

“Are you rich, Sunhi?” Suga came to the conclusion when taking a proper look of the house and is high quality interior.

“Omma is a business development manager; she’s in the same team as Micha’s” Bongcha explained,

“soooo, does that make Micha rich too?” Rap Monster mindlessly points, Micha laughed and admitted her wealth. Although they’re rich Micha and Sunhi both have experienced a lot of lonely times especially when Sunhi’s dad left and Micha’s passing away when they were little. They only had each other to rely on and spent all their years together just the two of them.

And now that they have BTS in their lives, days don’t seem so lonely anymore.

 

 

Comment, subscribe and upvote :)

 

Thank you~