Chapter 6

Surviving High School

The school bells chimed for the end of normal school time hours. The Bangtan Boys showered and headed to the cafe, but for Jungkook, he had his first tutoring session to attend to that he was not excited about.

When he reached the top of the stairs of the first year classes in the JYP building and pulled out a small scrunched up piece of paper with the room number written on, he looked back up to read the class numbers until he spotted the correct one.

Jungkook approached the door and saw a JYP female student sitting in the front row with her books and pencil case already out with her head resting on her hand and looking out the window, he knocked on the door frame to get the girl’s attention, who he’s assuming is his tutor but she doesn’t respond. He slowly walked over to her table to find out that she was asleep.

Jungkook sighed at his sleeping tutor, “I’m not even late and you already fell asleep” he whispered, he then observed her facial features to see if she was pretty but he stopped when he realised who she was. “Micha?” he leaned in closer to make sure he was right.

Micha sense someone’s presences and slightly scrunched her eyebrows and slowly opened her eyes. She blinked for a moment or two to realise how close Jungkook’s face was to hers that when she did she slapped him.

“JESUS! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?” Jungkook yelled out in pain while holding his right cheek. Micha jumped up from her seat red faced from the situation,

“That-that’s what you get for having your face so close to mine!” Micha pulled her hair back embarrassed on what just happened. It was definitely a new way on how to start a tutoring session.

Jungkook paced around to room while moving his mouth into really weird shapes to get the feeling back into his cheek, Micha watch but she only had her eyes on the red mark that she left on his cheek.

Soon after, Micha was worried that someone (a girl) would walk in on the two after the loud commotion they made early that Micha wanted to postpone the session and began to pack up her without Jungkook noticing.

“What happened to my tutoring? Is it because when you see me now your heart skips another beat?” Jungkook teased Micha after she thought that he was going to kiss her, as least what he thought, as revenge for her hitting him in the face.

“No” she bluntly responded while she was at the frame of the door, “I don’t want any girls seeing us together, especially after that accident, because what if it happens again and they see it? After hearing myself I knew I shouldn’t have accepted the offer”

Jungkook titled his head while Micha babbled, “and why is that?” he question feeling somewhat offended. Micha walked over to the nearest table by the door and sat onto it.

“Ever since the day we had lunch with your group have been hated by all the girls in the school that Sunhi is barely surviving, and if it keeps happening she will soon just as scared of girls as she already is with gu-” Micha stopped herself from nearly revealing Sunhi’s secret.

Jungkook sat closely next to her and glanced at her blue face, he tried to think of solutions to help her and Sunhi but Micha turned them all down as it would only draw more attention to them. Micha felt like she let Sunhi down when she told her that high school would be the best time of their life, yet, Sunhi’s re-experiencing the traumatising bullying from the past but 20 times more people. They both remained silent while Micha was in deep thought, but it didn’t bother Jungkook at all, he had his eyes on Micha the hold time that he didn’t even notice himself.

“Thank you” Micha spoke and looked over to Jungkook who didn’t process it until a while, “I feel a lot better after telling you instead of keeping it all bottled up inside” Jungkook cleared his throat and looked the other way while accepting her thanks.

 

Micha took a deep breath and put all of her thought behind her. The both of them sat into some seat to finally start the session properly, although Jungkook was embarrassed for Micha to go through his test paper that he covered his face with his hands to hide it. But Micha was being respectful about his answers and working out as any tutor should be, she quickly talked through the answers for multiple choice to Jungkook as he got most of them right, but when she looked over to him he’d look blankly at the paper and nodded whenever she spoke. So instead she decided to go through it slowly from the beginning.

It went smoothly within until they reached short answer, after that Jungkook got a lot more comfortable and stubborn about every question.

 “But... Why don’t we just times all the numbers over the equal sign, then X would equal zero, simple” Jungkook acted confident on his reason for solving equations even though Micha already showed him the steps on how to properly solve the equation plus some extra notes to dumb it down for him.

“You can’t solve like that though, you have to do multiple steps until you get the answer, like this remember?” Micha reminded while attempting to remained patient as Jungkook’s behaviour started to get to her. But he didn’t stop, he continued to be rude and annoy Micha. No matter how many deep breaths she took it became less effective.

 “It’s ridiculous, what a waste of time” Micha sighed as she finally had enough.

“It’s ridiculous on how stubborn you are” Jungkook scoffed feeling offended at the one comment she had said to him. They both continued to get defensive of their own beings that they moved onto the next question before they get off topic even more. Soon enough, Micha and Jungkook’s friendship died as the bickering didn’t come to an end but with a pounding head ache for Micha. She will still never understand how some who seems caring at the beginning turned out to be a stubborn kid that knows nothing.

Micha was just relieved that she doesn’t have to see his face in two days.

The next day at school the bell chimed for lunch and Micha and Sunhi met up at the school plaza so they can eat together, even though the glaring and whispering didn’t get to Micha she couldn’t stand seeing Sunhi’s face get paler and paler as the days go by. Even her cheering and pep talks lost their effects to help Sunhi, Micha lost all hope on finding a way to fix it without having more drama as it is.

“Such foxes, they seduce our boys to like them and then they completely ignore them the next day, how disgusting!” the girls gossip aloud the moment Micha and Sunhi were together in site. Sunhi felt ashamed of herself for appearing like that to the public’s eye, she couldn’t believe that she gave guys a chance again when all it did was bite her back in the .

The girls all eyed one another before they all ganged up and began to close in on them, blurting out hateful and persuasive words that continued to eat Sunhi alive. Micha kept her head up strong to appear intimidating for Sunhi and for herself. One of the girls couldn’t help herself and stomped up to Micha with her arm swinged up in the air.

“YOU DO NOT DESERVE OUR OPPA’S!” she screamed. Her hit was blocked by an arm twice the size of hers, she looked up horrified to see that it was one of her Oppa’s  and that  he was glaring down at her with a smirk that made chills of terror run down her spine.

 “Leave my girl alone” Micha’s eyes widened to her surprise to see him out of all to defend her, and by his words she wondered what he was thinking as well. The girls gasped and whispered asking if it was true what he said, while some began to whisper and rumour about the girl who went out of line.

“Sunhi-ah, are you okay?” Taehyung held onto her shoulders while trying to look into her eyes, but Sunhi was too terrified to look up as she already was on the verge of collapsing, he picked her up bridal style to relax her after such a stress morning.

“Let’s go” Jimin finalised while interlocking fingers with Micha as Taehyung followed him to the Big Hit building with all their fans girls stranded behind.

 

 

Comment, subscribe and upvote :)

 

Thank you.