2

Holiday Resort

The two met up at the arcade again, but instead of staying there they went outside to the children's playground. Of course, they weren't children, but it was still some kind of entertainment for them to climb things and go on the swings and go down the slide.

"They don't have things like this where I live." Said Fei. "They expect us to study all of the time."

"Eh? That's stupid. There's lots of places for kids to play where I live." Jia said as she climbed up onto the roof of the structure.

"I live in an industrial area." Said Fei, climbing up next to Jia.

"You should come visit where I live one day." Said Jia. "It's got everything."

"I doubt my family would let me go to the other side of China." Fei said, giggling.

"Who knows? My family probably wouldn't even notice I was gone." Said Jia with a grin.

"I'm sure they would. Especially your brother." Fei said.

"Ah well, even if I did leave my family would only miss me for five minutes, then they'd try to sell everything I left behind." Said Jia. "My family are like that. I kind of let them down because I failed some exams."

"...You failed your exams?" Fei stared at Jia seriously. "Are you going to do them again?"

Jia shook her head. "What's the point? Grades don't define life."

"How will you get a job though?" Fei asked.

"No idea. I'll get one somehow though." Said Jia.

"Good luck with that then." Said Fei.

"Mhmm.. You know, tomorrow my family are going to the beach. Do you want to come?" Jia asked.

"My family are going to the beach too, so I'll probably be around somewhere." Said Fei.

"I'll be somewhere in the sea then probably. I'll try to escape from my brother. He'll probably get lost anyway." Said Jia.

"I could always get my sister to go talk to him or something." Said Fei. "They seem the same age."

"Will your sister be able to deal with him talking to her in the worst English ever?" Jia asked, giggling.

"Depends if he can cope with her talking about ponies." Fei snorted.

They laughed for a while then climbed down and went down the slide. They went on the tire swing and Jia almost fell off a few times and Fei would have to grab onto Jia tightly whilst trying to stay on the swing herself.

 

The next day, Jia was waiting in the sea when she saw Fei with a blow-up boat thing.

"Get in." Said Fei.

Jia got in and they waited for the sea to take them further out so they could float around.

"I bet we could go back home if we stayed in this boat for long enough." Said Jia.

"We'd be very cold though." Said Fei.

The two looked back at the beach. Jia could see her parents easily because they had a huge tent which they were both sat in and her brother was outside building a sandcastle. Meanwhile, Fei's parents were walking near the rocks with her sister.

"When do you fly back home?" Jia asked, turning her attention to Fei again.

"Tomorrow. You?" Fei asked.

"Same. I don't want to leave. I'll be stuck in my boring house again with nobody to talk to whilst my friends are all out doing stuff." Jia sighed.

"Can't you go out with your friends?" Fei asked.

Jia shook her head. "My parents grounded me for failing my exams."

"That's harsh." Said Fei.

They decided to swim around a bit after getting closer to the shore. They took the boat to land and lay in the sun for a while.

"So, do you think you'll come back next year?" Jia asked.

"Probably. We come every year." Said Fei.

"Same..." Jia mumbled. "I hope we meet again."

When their parents called them back, the two said goodbye and went their own ways with their families. The next day, they were at the airport. They saw each other and waved, then they got on their seperate planes and did not see each other again after that, but they did think about each other. They both hoped they would meet again at the holiday resort. But would they?