3

Holiday Resort

A year passed quickly for Fei. She studied well and passed her other exams and had a job. When it was time for the family holiday, her parents changed their mind about where they would go.

"This year, we have decided to go to Spain." Said her father.

Fei slammed her book down. "I don't want to go to Spain."

"Well tough luck, because we already booked the flights." Said her father.

Fei went straight up to her room. She was looking forward to this holiday so much because she would get to see Jia again and now she wouldn't see her. She had no way of telling her she wasn't going because they hadn't exchanged phone numbers. Fei's mother came upstairs and started yelling at her for being so rude, then told her to start packing because they were leaving tomorrow. Fei sighed angrily and shoved everything into her suitcase, then sat on her bed and tried to stay calm but she couldn't. She was furious.

 

Meanwhile, Jia and her family were already on their way. When Jia finally landed there, she looked everywhere for Fei but couldn't find her. She just assumed Fei hadn't arrived yet so she spent the day in her room resting because of the jet lag. Jia was very disappointed and lonely when Fei never came. She spent a lot of time with her brother, but even her brother knew something was wrong.

"You're sad." Said her brother.

"Am I?" Jia asked.

He nodded. "You look sad. Why are you sad?"

"The girl who I was talking to last time we were here didn't come, but she said she would." Jia said with a sigh.

"Do you miss her?" Her brother asked.

Jia nodded. "I've been excited about seeing her all year, and now she isn't here.."

"Let's go and play in the arcade, the arcade always makes me happy." Said her brother.

"Alright.." Jia mumbled.

 

Fei hated the holiday to Spain. It was too hot and crowded. She had nobody to talk to and her parents often yelled at her for being miserable. She couldn't wait till she got home so she could get a job and one day move out, far away from her parents. As soon as they got back, Fei locked herself in her room and spoke to none of her family. She only saw them when she came back from work and for meals, then she'd stay upstairs.

 

Jia stayed close to her family. She always thought of Fei and wondered if she'd ever see her again. Jia's parents forced her to do her exams again and this time she passed and was able to get a job. Jia's job paid her well, but she didn't want to leave home like Fei.

 

The two girls didn't go on their family holidays after that. It was lucky they didn't because they wouldn't see each other again. One day, when they were both nineteen years old, their younger siblings asked them to go on the family holiday again because they wanted it to be like the old times again. When the two girls found out it was to England, they both said yes, because they hoped to see the other girl again after quite a few years.