sin 05

Sins of Perfection

Annyeong~~ Sorry for the late and dragged update. Ive done it earlier but my phone and i lost this chap in a single second which gave me a total memboongg! 

You might find this chap boring a bit as it was more to the game (Touch Rugby) rules and how you play it. However, it's good to learn something new, right? If you got any problem regarding the games rule or difficulty in understanding what am i writing, you are freely welcomed to ask it! hehehe. if you want to criticize me too, it's fine~ im cool. Haha^^ 

till then~ 



 

 

Kris isnt a bad choice, is he? Im sure of it! Okay, im lying. Im just trying to be positive. He's tall, he has long legs and his hands are big. He can and should be a great catcher and fast runner judging by his physical. Oh, i figure it out. They must have wanted to psycho me but it turns out im smarter! Huahhhahaha.. i laugh mentally at them. I don’t know why but i feel like winning already!

 

 

"Full field, two taps to roll ball" This time, I’m stating my rules to be enforced. 

I hope i have made a good choice. A full-field playing requires a great teamwork, or pair work in my case. Two taps to roll ball means how many taps are needed for the house (the team who holds the ball) will have to change the ball ownership. Therefore, I really hope that Kris can be a good partner or, I’m going to be a dead meat! Okay, scratch that. I will going to be unlucky poop

 

Xiumin whispers something to Kai and the latter one seems to nod his head, agreeing to the elder. I wonder what they are talking about. Strategies? Trick?

 

Kai then eyes me as if he knows i'm a bit interested in his conversation with Xiumin. He smirks a little and says, "Two touch-down to win." 

 

What?

TWO TOUCH-DOWN???

 

It means they want to keep it short and tricky. If that is the case, mistake is a big no-no!

 

I search for Kris's eyes, wanting to share him my worry. Instead of worrying, he just give me a 'we'll crush them' look and throws me an assuring smile. Well, that calm my nerve down a bit. Plus, Kris is gorgeous! Urgh, scratch that. It's not important right now.

 

"Goodluck, classmate!" Chanyeol shouts across the field. I turn my head to his direction and see him smiling broadly to me. 

 

To me? 

 

Yeah- i should just keep dreaming like that!

 

Of course not for me, its must be for Kai. Kai is his classmate. I am too...

 

But...Chanyeol is Kai's friend. There's no way he would wish me enemy's friend good wish. Well, technically, i am Kai's enemy, am i not? 

 

"Into the field!" Shout the one who's going to be our referee for our little day for today. 

Yixing, or Lay as they call them is chosen as he is the one of the senior in this club. Plus, he is a head of prefect. That adds his point on how fair and square he will be in this game. 

 

Four of us enter the field, accompanied by loud cheers from both side of the field. The members of the club who root for Kai and Xiumin is cheering at the right side of the field. Sadly, there's only two people on the left, cheering for us-or cheering for Kris. I am no one, remember? One of them is panda-looking guy and...Chanyeol??

 

Chanyeol is rooting for me? 

Then the 'goodluck, classmate' just now for me?

Hehehehehhehehe!!

 

Wait, why am i happy? 

 

Okay, i am not happy. I'm just....appreciating. Yeap, it sounds more right that way.

 

 

Back to the game, I take my place on the right where Kris is on my left. Kai seems the one who take in charge of me as he is in front of me and xiumin is supposed to be guarding Kris. 

 

 

Coin is tossed.

 

Ball's on my side- placed properly just before my boot.

 

The whistle is going to be blown any seconds now.

 

I give Kris's final and determine look.

 

 

And....

 

 

 

 

Phhheeeeefffffttttttttttttt!!

 

Hey, do i ever tell you that i used to be a sprinter back in California? Hell yeah. I am one damn good sprinter who holds the record 12.3 seconds in 100 metres. 

 

Kicking the ball slightly, i move up to pick on the ball. Kris is running to my side, trying to be close. Kai and Xiumin starts to charge forward, carefully guarding me from surpassing their defense. I look in front, trying to figure the enemy's movement. Kai is coming straight to me and Xiumin is playing safe, opens up his arms to stand his ground as well as trying to reach for Kris in case he gets a ball from me.

 

Well..that's not gonna happen. I have my advantage here-my speed and my ball.

 

Kai is coming for me in a matter of second and i keep running towards him. Dont worry, i am not crazy enough to crush him heads-on. He's strong-plus he is a guy! When he is about several meters away from me, i see him reach out his arms, ready to tap me. I smirk in his face. In your dream charcoal guy. 

 

As fast as he is charging towards me, i hurriedly do an unexpected side-step and begin to sprint as fast as i could towards the touch-down ground. The cheer begins to grow louder and louder, feeding my adrenaline and my feet to run faster. The white line of the touch-down is drawing nearer and nearer. Victory begins to tickle my nose and i reach out my hand with the ball and...

 

 

Phhhheeeffffttttttttttttt!!

 

 

The whistle is blown long and dragged. Shouts and mumbles of nonsense fill in the air, celebrating the perfect position of the ball on the ground.

 

"Given!" Lay shouts, loud and clear.

 

A satisfying smile creeps upon my face. I left the ball on the ground and turn behind, searching for my partner's figure. 

 

 

"Jaaaaaannnnnnneeeeeeee!!" The loud deep cry strikes my eardrum when i see Kris is running to my direction with an open arms. Before i could register his reaction, he already throws his arms around my body and lifts me from the ground, twisting both our bodies in a circling movement.

 

 

"YAHHH KRIS! PUT ME DOWN!" I shout the tall man, feeling a bit dizzy from his hard clutch.

 

"You're making me dizzy."

I groan, slamming my fist into the man’s shoulder. “yahh!! You’re hurting me.” I say, glaring at Kris.

Kris finally puts me down, letting my feet touching the ground again. A satisfied smile appears on his face. “You did well, buddy.”

.

….

…….

……….

I am his buddy?

 

.

…..

I smile. I don’t know why the word ‘buddy’ brings a cool breeze of happiness sweeping my heart. I want to say something to Kris but I am beaten by Kai to it with spreading a totally different mood.

 

“They say there’s not always bright sky.” Kai scowls, looking totally evil with his darker eyes. Xiumin smirks beside him.

 

The game continues to start when Lay blows his whistle. Kai serves as it is a loser ball. Kris and I are ready with our defense, five meters from the enemy’s position. With a little tap by his feet on the ball, Kai starts the game by snatching it off the ground. I do not hurry my pace to chase the ball, instead, I hold to position, eyeing the ball from Kai’s clutch. Kris is doing the same thing, defending our ground from getting penetrated.

 

Kai seems running to the hole between Kris and I. Learning his strategy, I run as fast as I could to block him coming through. He realizes I know his attention, but I am confused he is still running. He knows alright I will tap him if he makes contact with me. ‘Maybe he tries to secure his territory first,’ I thought. I run quicker and he is coming nearer. When he is within my arm’s reach, I try to tap him but he is faster, passing the ball to Xiumin who is steadily running behind him. In the end, Kai ends up crushing me so hard with his big body that I fell on the ground. Damn! I curse inwardly when I realize a warm pain stings my left knee and both of my palm. My Nike tracksuit shows a ripped part on hurt part, revealing the dark red liquid begins to surface from my skin. He doesn’t even apologize but passes beside me like I am nothing! Damn that charcoal man, I curse him.

 

When I am about to stand, another loud and long blow of whistle hit my eardrums. I look behind at that instant, seeing Xiumin jogs slowly while drags the rugby ball behind the white line. Kai’s loyally beside him, placing his arm on the elder’s shoulder. A triumph smile flashes across their face. My stomach feels sick to keep my hidden rage from emerging. Then, I steal a look at Kris. He looks normal, as if he could not care less if Kai’s team is winning.

 

What the hell is he doing? Why does he not guard his area properly?

 

 

“what the hell are you doing?” I bite my lips, trying to keep my frustration in check. Kris gives me a sorry look and says, “I am sorry, Jane. But running is not my style.”

 

“STYLE MY , KRIS!” I finally shout out loud when I realize that horrible man cares about nothing except for his SICK STYLE!

The people across the field hear my curse and they start laughing sardonically at me. This is just unbelievable. I know this might mean nothing to Kris, however this damn game holds my pride to this club.

 

The annoying part continues as Kai comes up and holds his face close to my and examines my expression. He has a look on his face that I don’t like. He clicks his tongue in disappointment and flicks his hands as he muses on.

 

“I told you sky is not always bright, baby.” Kai states.

 

I scoff in his face out of annoyance. Then, I walk myself to the middle of the field, getting myself ready to fight the last point. Lay has put the precious ball near my feet and he pulls back to his place at the end of the field, just before the out line.

 

Before he blows his whistle, I turn to Kris and shoot him an intense look. “Don’t mess up, Kris.”

“Don’t worry, I got this.” He replies coolly, full of confidence. Tsk, I hate this side of his.

 

“I mean it, Kris.”

 

“Yeah, sure.”

 

 

Phhhhheeeetttttt!

 

As the whistle is blown, I quickly tap the ball and pick it up, making my way to the enemy’s territory. This is the last point. I cannot bear to make any mistake. My legs bring my body to Kai’s position, where he is ready to face me any second. He is slowly making his way towards my direction. But when he is about to tap me, I pass the ball to Kris which I believe he would make his way just beside me like we did just now. However, I am left with disappointment when Xiumin succeeds in deceiving Kris and snatches the ball right before his face. For a second, I turn to my side to face Kris who shares the frightened look in his eyes.

 

Wasting no more precious second, I open my legs and start sprinting towards Xiumin. It is a great struggle when I manage to tap him on his firm back. “Tap one.” Lay shouts, minding the players to roll the ball before starting again. Kris and I form back our defense position five meters ahead them. The game continues when Kai taps on Xiumin’s before the latter rolls the ball pass him. Kai expertly catches the ball and runs forward to barging in our defense. No, I won’t let them score again!

 

Trying my best to secure our land, I once again go as fast as the wind could bring me to Kai’s and tap the hell out of him without he can make out the sudden change of his path. Kai growls of frustration when the ball is in my possession now.

 

“Tap two! Turn-over!” Another shout from Lay brings me happiness and hope.

 

It’s our turn now. Kris is in-charge for roll ball and I am the Dummy Half. We play really fast as Kris does the roll ball without waiting for the other team to get ready with their straight line. Cleanly, I pick the ball from the ground and start to charge forward. When I am about to pass the ball to Kris, a sudden and harsh tap is placed on my chest. I swear it is so hard my  chest feels like the bones are broken and I fall helplessly once again.

 

Ppheeiitt! “turn-over!” The rapid judging from the referee left me dumfounded. How could it is turn-over when Kai is just using dirty forced move on me?

 

Without waiting for me to be on my feet, Kai’s team has already started the game swiftly. I see him rolling the ball to Xiumin and he hurriedly makes his way pass me. My only hope right now is for Kris to be able to block them from entering our territory. Even so, the hope is crushed cruelly to the stormy cloud when I hear a voice belonged to Kris tickle my ears.

 

“Yahhh! Are you okay?” He asks nervously, helping me getting up.

 

Before I could even say anything to Kris, a loud, long and familiar whistle fills the air. A cheer joy is heard loud and thrilled from the other side of the field. I turn around and see Xiumin is lifting Kai in the air, and the crowd starts to surround them, cheering for the winner. I lose my mind for a moment. The only ache I feel on my chest starts to dull itself. I sigh in defeat.

 

At that moment, Kris shakes my shoulder pretty hard, snapping me back to earth.

 

“Yah!! Answer me, are you okay?”

 

“I am fine. Thanks, Kris.” I smile at the taller guy but he is not buying it. He furrows his eyebrows and helps me walk, exiting the field to the nearest bench. Kris leaves me for a while and he comes back with mineral water in his hand.

 

I take the water from his hand when he shoves me. Gulping a decent amount, I give him back the water which he steadily puts it in his mouth without thinking.

 

Hey, did he just drink the same bottle as mine?

 

Err.. YOU are the one who’s drinking his water.

 

Oh, right. Whatever.

 

 

“He’s playing dirty.” Kris states out of sudden.

 

I do not react upon his statement. I don’t know, man. He, indeed, plays dirty in my perspective. He tapped me in the CHEST- for Christ sake with a force. He should know that I’m a girl, I am totally different from man’s nature, physically of course. But, from his viewpoint, he has played this game with man for how long? Two years at least- and it might be the reason he cannot stop himself from treating me like I’m a man (not rewarded with a pair of s- like his normal and usual playmate). However, the fact that he celebrates his victory so happily does bring me a bit hurt feeling.

 

A tap on my shoulder brings me back to earth again. “There you are, spacing out again.”

 

“Sorry, Kris.” I smile weakly, tucking some loose hair from the rubber band of my ponytail behind my ear.

 

The faint noise from the distance begins to get clear when minutes pass. I know the winner of the game is making their way here and I really don’t like the idea of getting taunted by Kai and his other friends (except for Kris).

 

But before I could escape the scene, a friendly-- or happy voice greets my mixed self. “Hey, chocolate milk!

 

I squeeze my eyes shut at the signature of the voice’s owner. Kai….

Unwillingly, I turn my body and face him. He is smiling.

 

Eh?

 

Yeah. He is smiling!

 

But of course he WILL smile. He just won the game. He just wants to taunt me even more!

 

 

Look carefully, it’s not the mocking smile!

 

 

Oh, right. That was more like…sincere smile?

 

 

Urgh! Just stop making noise in my brains. I snap my wild voice inside my brain and look up at Kai who is surrounded with the members of the club.

 

“Are you okay?” he starts. “sorry for the…ugghh..” he trails off, scratching the back of his neck.

 

I scan Kai’s expression in disbelief. Did the winning cause him to become insane, or was it out of kindness or consideration that I don’t expect him to have? I look into Kai’s eyes to search for that gentle glow.

 

“It’s okay. I’m fine.” I finally say it when I barely find what I search for. I could not believe it but I find it. I somehow know he is not a bad person as I thought he is and I know he’s not that as I would believe him to become.

 

“So, welcome to the club, friend.” Kai said shyly, holding out his hand. The members around him starts to that I swear my cheeks is burning.

 

Smiling in satisfaction, I reach for the hand and shake it. I smile back at Kai who is smiling sincerely to me.

 

 

 

As what Kai has said before, the sky is not always clear. Little did I know that my happiness on that evening fuels the hatred in the heart of two people who are watching me and the Touch Rugby members from afar. For what people said, happiness and suffer is only temporary.