New Beginnings

Wonders of a Teenage Girl

After I found my seat, I put my bag on it, and left to go to the bathroom. My tears were threatening to spill over...... I quickly opened the door, oblivious to the sterwardess's sympathetic glances. In the small compartment, I sat on the toilet cover and pulled my legs to my chest.


"Umma, Appa...... I'm going to miss you so much."
 

Flashbacks of what happened the day before yesterday occupied my mind.


 

~Flashbacks~

 


Knock knock
 

I woke up from my light sleep, startled. Who in the world...? I heard Umma's footsteps as she came into my room.


"Mirae-yah, stay still. Your dad went to go answer the door."


"Umma, what's the big deal? At this time of night, the only people it could be are the neighbors." I said quietly. It was 2AM (a/n: haha ;)) and Umma and Appa were asleep while I was lying in my bed.

"You never kn-"


BANG


The door to the living room was open. Loud thundering footsteps could be heard from my room. Why in the world would anybody break into our house in the middle of the night? I could hear Appa talking in a loud voice, but couldn't decipher the words through the thick wood door.


"Mi, stay here okay? I'll go help Appa." My mom left my side and I could feel a gush of cold air hug me from her now vacant seat.


"Wait Umma, help Appa with what?"


Umma paused in her footsteps, but didn't say anything. The voices beyond my door were getting louder and I could hear other sounds, like glass breaking.


"I'll be back." Umma muttered. (A/n lol I did it again! Haha again and again ;))
 

 

END OF FLASHBACK


 

"Miss, are you alright in there? You've been in there for a while now and all passengers need to be back in their seats before takeoff."
 

I quickly wiped my tears and responded quickly.
 

"Yes, I'm fine, thank you." I spoke loudly."I'll be right out."
 

"Okay, miss. Please don't hesitate for assistance if needed."


Looking at myself in the mirror, I fixed my hair and face so I looked decent. Then I walked out and passed the line of passenegers coming in and sat hurriedly in my seat. Looking out the window, I sighed.

Life was so hard for so many people. I envy those who find happiness and love in a world like this. Why couldn't I?...... Maybe I'm just not worth it.....

At that, I felt my eyes watering. Here I was, sitting in a plane to go see Junsu, while my parents were in some dirty car drive halfway across the country...... And I only thought of myself. My tears bubbled over. I am such a greedy person..... I didn't even bother to think of my parents.... and the hardships they will face...... what a terrible person. Silently, I sobbed in the corner seat of the airplane.

Then a tissue was gently lifted to my face.

A soft pink tissue held by the callused hands of a man.

 

 

"Need a tissue?"

 

 

 

Author's Note

Guess who the mystery man is......... I'll let you think about it untill tomorrow. I'm new here, but I'll try to post everynight! Please support!

Any questions, comments, leave them here or message me about it! Don't be shy ;)