Chapter 5 || The Present || Missing You

A Broken Promise

Author's Note:

Annyeong! Here's the only author now, me, soshibubbles09~! I'm so sad on saying this, but, to be honest, YulSunSeoSone, my ex-co-author here a.k.a. my bestie, already left this story due to busy schedules and many other on-going stories. So please don't be mad and accept the thing... fighting, hwaiting, and God bless! Ü /hopes to see you all at the comment box/ btw, thank you to all the suipports and all~ <"3 love you all :")


 

--- || The Present || ---

 

Taeyeon’s P.O.V.

 

                It was 07:32 in the morning and I just woke up from my slumber. I quickly sat on my bed and looked at my wife and I’s huge picture frame inside my room. I no longer sleep at the masters’ bedroom anymore as if I’ll sleep there still, it will make me feel sad more because Jessica’s no longer in my side now…

 

                “Jessica,” I said as I remembered our unforgettable memories together which my tears fall. “Why? Why did you leave my so early?” I muttered.

 

                “Ma’am,” the maid spoke as she knocked on my door.

 

                “Come in,” I said. “What do you need?” I asked.

 

                “Breakfast is ready,” she said as she bowed. “Mr. and Mrs. Kim are waiting for you,” she added.

 

                “Mom and day?!” I asked in shock.

 

                “Ne,” she muttered and then left.

 

                “Huh? Why are they here?” I asked, confused. “Anyway…” I said and heaved a sigh.

 

                Few seconds later, I decided to go the comfort room and prepare myself…

 

--- CUT || Downstairs ---

 

Author’s P.O.V.

 

                “Oh, good morning, my little Taeyeon!” Mrs. Kim exclaimed as she saw me heading to the 1st floor.

 

                “Mom, I’m no longer little!” Taeyeon said.

 

                “Yes, she’s no longer little, honey,” Mr. Kim spoke.

 

                *chuckles*

               

                They three chuckled together.

 

                “Whatever!” Mrs. Kim said.

 

                “Go, sit here,” Mr. Kim asked Taeyeon to sit between them.

 

                “Arasseo and good morning!” Taeyeon greeted.

 

                “Good morning!” They both greeted back.

 

                A little later, they started to eat.

 

                *silence*

 

                “And by the way, umma and appa,” Taeyeon broke the ice.

 

                “Hmm?” Mrs. And Mr. Kim asked.

 

                “What brought you two in here?” Taeyeon asked.

 

                “Hmm…?” Mrs. Kim asked back. “Hee Nam said that you’re always sad... you always cry as well,” Mrs. Kim added as she looked at Taeyeon.

 

                “Aish! Hee Nam-ssi,” Taeyeon joked, looking at one of their maids, Hee Nam-ah.

 

                “…” Hee Nam wasn’t able to say anything, just scratched her head as she bowed.

 

                “Don’t blame her. I forced her to say to me how are you,” Mrs. Kim muttered.

 

                “Hmm…” Taeyeon pouted.

 

                “You always cry… that’s why I still call you LITTLE Taeyeon,” Mrs. Kim spoke.

 

                “Aish! Umma,” Taeyeon said.

 

                “Anyway,” Mrs. Kim said as she heaved a sigh.

 

                *silence*

 

                “Kim Taeyeon,” Mr. Kim broke the ice. “Why do you always cry? Always said as well?” He asked.

 

                “…” Taeyeon wasn’t able to say anything because of the hard feeling that she already lost Jessica.

 

                “Jessica?” Taeyeon’s father asked.

 

                “N-ne,” Taeyeon nodded as a tear from her right eye fell.

 

                “Shh… don’t cry,” Taeyeon’s mother comforted her as she hugged Taeyeon using her left arm.

 

                “Why? Why don’t you look for another woman?” Mr. Kim asked as he shook his head.

 

                “…” Taeyeon didn’t say anything because she keeps her promise to Jessica, which is to only love her forever.

 

                “Yes,” Mrs. Kim spoke. “Or better…”

 

                “A man!” Mr. and Mrs. Kim joked together, looking at Taeyeon.

 

                “Umma, appa,” Taeyeon muttered as she looked at them both with a sincere expression.

 

                “Okay,” Mr. Kim said.

 

                “But…” said the mother of Taeyeon. “It would be better,” she added.

 

                “I’m sorry, mom,” Taeyeon spoke. “But you know how I am, right?” She added.

 

                “Arasseo,” Mrs. Kim said and went back eating her food.

 

                *silence*

 

                They were busy finishing their food while being silent until Taeyeon broke the ice, “Mom, dad, I’m done,” she spoke as she stood up.

 

                “Ah, I see. Arasseo,” Mrs. Kim said.

 

                “Arasseo,” Mr. Kim muttered.

 

                “Eat well. I’ll just go upstairs,” Taeyeon said.

 

                “Okay,” they both nodded.

 

                Taeyeon was walking through the stairs until she spoke again, “Mom, dad,”

 

                “Ne?” They both turned each other’s heads.

 

                “When are you leaving?” Taeyeon questioned.

 

                “Us? Why do you want us to leave now?” Mrs. Kim pouted.

 

                “Hmm..?” Mr. Kim asked, too.

 

                “Of course not! But, really… when?” Taeyeon asked again.

 

                “Later night,” they both said.

 

                “Arasseo,” Taeyeon muttered and proceeded to her room.

 

>> Taeyeon’s room <<

 

                She immediately jumped to her bed and thought of Jessica while looking at the girl’s big picture frame above.

 

                “Jessica… I’m asking you this again… why did you leave me so early? I miss you and I love you… I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to save you… during that flight… I’ll just pay for that by holding my promise FOREVER. I love you and I love you,”

 

To be continued…