Chapter 1 || The Past || Its Start

A Broken Promise

Author’s Note:

Hello! Here I am, soshibubbles09, posting this story’s 1st ever chapter! I hope you’ll like it and hope to see your comments below... and by the way, thank you for all the subbies, upvotes, readers, supports, and comments… I hope those will gain and gain soon… fighting, hwaiting, and God bless! Ü


Taeyeon’s P.O.V.

                It was a sunny Monday morning, February 14, 2007. We, Jessica and I have known each other for years… and now, here I am, building my confidence to confess to her.

                A little later, I decided to call the restaurant where I supposed to confess.  

                Kring-kring-kring-kring

                “Good morning! Kenny Rogers’ restaurant at your service. Who is this?”

                “Ah! Taeyeon… Kim Taeyeon,”

                “Oh, ma’am, what can I do for you?”

                “I was the one who reserved for the whole restaurant for today. Can I talk to your manager?”

                “Oh! Okay, ma’am… just wait for a minute,”

                “Yes?”

                “Ma’am, this is me, Kim Taeyeon,”

                “Oh, Taeyeon!”

                “Today is the day…”

                “Oh, yes! We’ll prepare your stuffs in a few minutes though,”

                “Really, ma’am?”

                “Yes, really… can you go here?”

                “Of course, ma’am. I should really go there…”

                “Thank you,”

                “Welcome and thank you, too,”

                “No problem,”

                Toot-toot-toot-toot

                Since she already ended the call, I decided to prepare myself and go to the Kenny Rogers’ restaurant.

[Few minutes later]

                I’m done dressing myself up and because of that, I got my phone to my pocket and left.

                “Taeyeon, where are you going?” Mom asked.

                “Mom, I’ll be seeing Jessica,” I pretended.

                “Okay… be back before the night ends…” Mom said.

                “Okay mom, and goodbye,” I said and then proceeded to leave.

>> Kenny Rogers’ restaurant <<

                “Hello, hello!” I greeted as I entered the restaurant with a big smile plastered on my face.

                “Good morning, good morning,” the staffs greeted me as they bowed.

                “Yes, good morning!” I greeted back.

                “Oh! Here you are!” The manager suddenly appeared.

                “Oh, madam!” I said.

                “Okay, please, don’t put any cucumbers,” I joked.

                “Why?” They asked, confused.

                “Because she really hates such cucumbers…” I said and shrugged.

                “Ah, I see...” The manager said. “So, staffs, don’t you ever try to put any cucumbers or even just cucumber-designed things, arasseo? “ The manager added, quite just joking.

                *chuckles*

                We all chuckled together.

[10 minutes later]

                The venue was finally set and I decided to leave and fetch Jessica.

               “So, please turn off the lights when she comes, okay? And everybody should be silent, please… and you, you, you, you, you, you, you, and you!” I said as I pointed to 8 persons.

                “Me?” They all asked.

                “Yes, you guys…”

                “Hmm?” They asked.

                I just looked to the manager and found out that even her, was confused. I then looked at the 8 people again.

                “You!” I said as I pointed to a person. “You’ll be handling this,” I added as I gave her a big postcard with a ‘Will’ word written on it.

                “Here’s for you!” I said to the other person and gave a big postcard with a ‘You’ word written on it.

                “Here!” I said and gave a big postcard with a ‘Be’ word written on it to the next person.

                “Here, here, here, here, and here!” I said as I gave the rest 5 big posters with ‘My’, ‘Girlfriend’, ‘Jessica’, ‘Jung’, ‘?’ words written on it.

                “Okay, this is it,” I said and decided to call Jessica.

                Kring-kring-kring-kring

                “Yes, Taengoo-ya?”

                Jessica finally answered my call.

                “Oh, Sica,”

                “Yes?”

                “Umm, can you go here?”

                “Where…?”

                “At the Kenny Rogers’ restaurant…”

                “For…?”

                “Please…”

                “For…?”

                “You’ll see,”

                “Umm, umm,”

                “Umm…?”

                “Okay…”

                “Yay~! Thank you, Jessica-ssi!” I exclaimed and ended the call.

                “So, okay, this is really it! She’s coming in a few minutes,” I said.

[6 minutes later]

                KRRIING

                As my phone rang, I quickly got it from my pocket, and looked for who’s the one that’s calling. I then found out that it was Jessica. I immediately answered it and began to talk.

                “Yes, Sica?” I asked.

                “I’m there in maybe 3 minutes,”

                “Oh, okay, take care,” I said and ended the call.

                “Okay… she’s coming in three minutes!” I exclaimed.

                “…” They just all smiled, nodded, and did thumbs up.

                I looked at the manager who was smiling big.

                “Good luck… we wish you guys the best!” She said and tapped my back.

                “Thank you, thank you,” I said and bowed with a big smile plastered on my face.

                A minute had passed and I decided to ask them to start turning off the lights and go to the back.

                “Hey, hey, it’s just 2 minutes and she’s finally here!  Please get ready. And wait, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, and you!” I said as I pointed to the 8 people I’ve chosen a while ago. “Please, when I’ve signaled that you must go in front; please hold it high like a domino. It will start with the ‘Will’ and ends with the ‘question mark’, arasseo?” I added, asking.

                They just all nodded, and all went to the back.

                “Okay,” I said and got the chocolates, a box of ring, and a bouquet of roses I’ve secretly bought. The ring at my pocket at the back, while chocolates and roses were in my hands, hidden at my back.

                “3,2,1. She’s here,” I whispered.

--- CUT ---

                Jessica’s P.O.V.

                I’ve arrived to the restaurant where Taengoo asked me to go to, and as I’ve entered the restaurant,

                “Oops,” I said, in shock. “Omo!” I said as I felt scary. “Taengoo?” I asked.

                There were no lights at all… It seemed that nobody was there aside from me…

                “Taengoo? Taengoo…” I said.

                Then suddenly…

                The chandeliers slowly lighted and I found 8 men at my front, holding big postcards. I was indeed shock that they can just kidnap me or what…

                A little later, they held those postcards high like a domino.

                “Will. You. Be. My. Girlfriend. Jessica. Jung. ?”

                I was shocked as I saw those words. Then unexpectedly, boom! There’s Taeyeon, walking near me. And when she was right in front of me, she then gave me a bouquet of red roses with a chocolate.

                “Happy Valentine’s Day,” she said, smiling and then knelt down.

                I was indeed shock that I didn’t know what was happening anymore…

                “For the years… for the years… for the years that we’ve known each other well… the friendship… but I think it’s time for a relationship… I think I’ve fallen for you, Jessica Jung Soo Yeon…” she said as she got something from her back.

                “…” I was totally shocked that I wasn’t able to say anything.

                Then suddenly, she got a box and and opened it. I then found out that it was a ring. “Jessica Jung Soo Yeon, are you willing to be my girlfriend? Will you be my girlfriend, my dear Jessica Jung Soo Yeon?” She exclaimed.

                “…” I was still shocked that my tears began to fall.

                “Jessica…” Taeyeon started to worry. “Will you be m---“I cut the sentence she was supposed to say as I started to talk.

                “YES, KIM TAE YEON, YES, AN EVERLASTING YES!!!” I exclaimed as I knelt down together with her and then hugged her.

                Then the crowd behind clapped their hands with a grin plastered on her face.

                Taeyeon then got out of the hug and whispered, “I love you,” she said as she kissed me sweetly yet innocently.

                “Happy Valentine’s Day and I love you, too,” I said and kissed her still.

To be continued…


Author’s Note:

Awee! You read it! Thank you for reading, huh! And by the way, comments are well-appreciated! So, don’t forget to comment, okay? TAENGk you very much! ^*^ Once again, fighting, hwaiting, and God bless! Ü

--- Chapter created by: soshibubbles09 ---