♛ OO5

The Bad Boy and The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Solution

 

Bom was half-walking, half-running through the hallways thinking about how Mrs. Lee, their Social class teacher, would give her extra homework for being late. She cursed Dasom, a junior, for being so clumsy and spilling the acrylic paint all over her shirt causing her to go back to her locker and wear the gym t-shirt instead. She was nearing the intersection when she stopped abruptly because of the muffled voices she heard on the left wing where she was about to turn.

 

“I don’t know what to do with Hyuna...”

 

Bom’s ears perked up from hearing Luhan’s voice. Ever since Luhan and Dara became connected in a way, she got seriously curious about the Busan High’s resident playboy. He might be the answer to her long time prayer- and that is to see Dara put down her wall and open herself to the world around her. She tried breaking down the wall herself by inviting her to group studies, late night hangouts but Dara never listened to her.

 

You see, Dara considers herself a wallflower. A social reject. She never tried to befriend anyone in high school. Thinking deeply about it, she is Dara's only friend! And seeing how Luhan seems to be interested in getting to know Dara, she can't seem to throw away the hope that maybe, just maybe, Luhan could help her.

 

“You still with Hyuna?” A voice asked which came from Minho—one of Luhan’s friends.

 

Okay, why did she stop anyway? She was just supposed to pass by and not eavesdrop, right?

 

“Unfortunately,” Luhan answered almost dejectedly which made Bom’s eyebrows raise.

A cackle then was heard. “Wow bro! It’s been what? Over a month? And you’re still with her?” Another cackle. “That’s a record!” She was sure it was Baekhyun’s voice.

Bom obviously doesn’t know what she was doing because she tiptoed her way closer to the wall, leaning her back against it, hoping to hear more of the conversation. And she wasn’t disappointed because she heard Luhan's voice.

“I don’t know how to break it to her without hurting her too much,” Luhan was surely frustrated—she can tell by the sound of his voice.

So, basically, they were talking about a girl named Hyuna, which, according to what she understands, is Luhan’s current girlfriend. And he wanted to break up with her? She wonder why...

“Just get another chica. That’s where you’re good at anyway,” Baekhyun suggested.

Chica? Isn't that the Spanish word for girl? Or was she wrong?

She heard someone clicked his tongue. “That won’t work. You know my way with girls, dude. One at a time...” Luhan said.

“Why are you still with her anyway?” Minho asked.

Lay chuckled. “Don't tell me you fell in love with her, man—oowww!”

A laugh erupted through the quiet hallway and then she heard Luhan's voice. “No... It's her who did,”

“You could’ve just said it than hit me on the head, you know?”, says Baekhyun.

“She told me the death words a week ago! A week ago! She thought I feel the same way!” Luhan’s voice raised an octave higher making her flinched.

What the? Death words?

“Did you say it back?” Minho asked.

“No! Definitely no! It was when I was supposed to call it quits between us that she told me I said it back to her and something happened between us,” Bom’s eyes widened. She doesn’t know whether to pity Luhan or laughed at him. She chose the latter. She laughed silently clearly forgetting about her Social class which started 25 minutes ago.

“Do you... remember anything about it?” Baekhyun asked.

“No. All I remember was that I woke up beside her. I wasn't though...” Luhan explained.

“When did that exactly happened?” It was Minho.

“Last, last week, Friday. Jessica’s party.”

“Maybe she spiked your drink?” Minho concluded.

 

Silence…

 

It’s done? No more?

 

She somewhat felt disappointed. Right where when everything was getting good. Meh. She frowned and was about to walk through her class, let them see her thinking she didn’t hear anything when Baekhyun spoke. She leaned against the wall, holding her breath.

“Get a new chica,”

“I told you man—“

Baekhyun cut him off. “Temporarily...”

“But all my girls are temporary,” Luhan pointed out.

“Let me finish, douche. What I mean is, a fake one. A girl who is willing to play the game with you,” Baekhyun explained.

"The question is will there be willing enough to play the game with Luhan?" Minho asked.

"Are you doubting our boy's abilities to charm girls?"

"No. That's why he has this problem with Hyuna, right?" Minho snickered.

"," Luhan muttered.

"If there's no one who is willing to play pretend without getting anything back then I suggest go find and pay someone who's willing." Baekhyun suggested.

"Pay? As in like hiring someone?" Bom was sure Luhan's eyebrows are reaching his hairline because her's too are close.

"Yeah,"

“And who will it be?” Luhan asked. He seems interested with Baekhyun's suggestion.

“That, I don’t know. But the girl shouldn’t like you. That way, she won’t be emotionally attached with you in case breaking up with Hyuna would take more than a try.”

“A girl who doesn’t like me? That’s going to be hard. I mean, everyone likes Oh Luhan. They adore me!” Luhan stated making Bom almost scoff.

 

What a conceited good-looking playboy.

 

“You’re so full of yourself,” Minho said.

Luhan just laughed. “Just stating a fact, bro. Anyways, I’ll think about your suggestion Baek.” The next thing she heard was footsteps getting nearer. Bom panicked. Tiptoeing, she leaned her back against the wall, holding her breath hoping they will turn right. Much to her luck, they did. She exhaled and replayed in her mind what about the conversation she intentionally listened to...

 

"...go find and pay someone who's willing."

 

Holy ! She might have the answer to Dara's problem. What a great best friend she is! All she needs to do now is to convince Dara which might be a little difficult knowing how hard she's trying to avoid Luhan. If plain convincing doesn't work, she could try scaring her about the consequences of not paying the debt in time.

 

Dara, you are so going to thank and worship me for this brilliant idea.

 

Looking down at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter