♛ OO4

The Bad Boy and The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Mess

 

♛ DARA'S POV ♛

I came to school today earlier than usual; my footsteps getting heavier as I trudge through the hallways. Once I am in front of my locker, I reached for my gym uniform inside my bag and placed it inside. I reached for the books I need and closed it not really paying attention to my surroundings.

As I was about to walk to my homeroom, I saw Bom walking towards me. My face lit up an instant and I silently prayed she have some good news for me.

“Hey,” I said and she gave me a hug. “So…” I started as I pull away.
“I’m sorry.” She said ruefully and the hope that built up inside me was now crushed into pieces. 

 

Yesterday, while I was taking my break from working on our café, I texted her to come over after school. When she did, I immediately told her that I’m not really sick and mention to her our problem. She told me she’d ask some help to her parents but I told her not to bother. When she insisted, I agreed but reminded her not to mention that it was us who will borrow the money. She doesn’t think her parents will agree if they won’t know the reason but I don’t want to drag them into this mess.

Bom’s family is not the richest but they’ve money than us.

Her dad is a doctor and her mom is a pediatrician. She has a brother who is in military and she has a five year old sister who is very cute, by the way.

 

“You know how strict my parents are when it comes to money, right?” She reminded me and I nodded. Of course, I know it. They are very keen on every coin they earn and spend. They said it’s for the future.

I sighed defeatedly. I can’t do anything about it, can I? “You didn’t tell them about our problem, did you?” I reassured.

“Yes, of course since you strictly told me not to mention anything to them.” She paused and placed her index finger on her chin. “But I think if you let me tell them, they would’ve lent you some money. You are already like a family to us.”

“I don’t really want to drag your parents into this.” I said to her.

“Aigoo, Dee.” She dramatically slapped her fingers on her forehead whilst shaking her head. “Don’t worry. I’ll think of something that might help you.” She patted my shoulders and proceeded to her locker.

 

 

“What about we asked for donations?” Bom suggested, biting her chicken sandwich.
“From?” I asked as I watched her chew her lunch.
“From our schoolmates. Most of them are filthy rich. I think money isn’t a problem to them.” She answered after swallowing.
“That won’t work.” I stated not considering her nth suggestion. I picked up the box of orange juice in front of me feeling a little hopeless. “Students here might be filthy rich but every money they put out of their wallets must have something in return.” I took a sip and she nodded in agreement.
“Well you’re right.” She then proceeded on thinking another idea. I took a bite on the ham sandwich I was holding and sighed. I hope no more silly suggestions would register to her brain this time like,

 

“What about we pick pockets?”
“Or we sell rice cakes worth ten thousand won?”
“Or maybe we could pretend we’re beggars? That’s exciting, don’t you think? I’ll provide our makeup and costumes! You provide the banners. We can go downtown and be on the streets! We can finally use the lessons we learned on our theater subject last year!”

 

I shook my head and took another sip on my orange juice.

 

“Oh Luhan,” I heard her say and I almost choked on my juice. Am I seriously hearing that name again? I’ve managed to avoid him for two days straight. And earlier, he didn’t seem to notice me at all.
“Uhm, excuse me Bom.” I called her attention when I saw she wasn’t looking at me. I put down my juice and my sandwich on the table. She looked at me and I leaned forward slightly and said, “You’re going to the wrong direction. We’re talking about how should I earn money in order to pay those fart facers.”
“Yes.” She answered looking past me. “And I think my suggestion would really work this time.”

 

I looked over my shoulders to see who or what she’s looking at and for the second time I almost choked again (but this time on my saliva) with what I saw. It’s Luhan together with his buddies. And it’s not just that—he was looking at our direction. Oh my gosh. I felt something on the pit of my stomach causing me to snap my head back to Bom. And I guess I snapped too quickly that I think I heard some bones cracked. I winced and narrowed my eyes at Bom.

 

“Sweet. He caught you looking at him.” She wiggled her eyebrows and I slump on my seat.
“I didn’t look at him.” I whispered and I lowered my head even more a few inches away from the top of the table. My mouth unconsciously reached for the straw of my orange juice while my hands fiddled the end of my skirt.
“Omo, omo! Dara, he’s coming our way.” Bom said making me froze on my seat. I tilted my head to the right only to see a many pair of eyes fixed on someone. Should I stand up now and run or pray for the Divine Intervention to open up the floor and swallow me? I fixed my eyes on my orange juice as I bit my lip anxiously.
I heard a faint “Omo,” from Bom and as if on cue, I placed both of my hands on the side of my face as if to cover it. A familiar vanilla scent lingered and I’m sure I’m dead.
“Hey,” He spoke too suddenly and I almost lost my sanity. I fidgeted on my seat like my was on fire.

 

What on earth is Oh Luhan doing here?

 

“Hi,” It was Bom who responded. And right now, I’m sending her a message through telepathy saying that she should say goodbye to Luhan and drag me along with her because oddly enough, I can’t find any strength to do it myself.
“Uh, Bom, right?” Luhan said in a very polite manner.
“Yes, yes oppa.” Bom answered and guess what? My telepathy powers didn’t work.
“Oppa?”
“Oh,  I forgot I'm a few months older than you. Nevermind.” Bom chuckled a little too hearty for my liking. I heard an “Oh,” from Luhan and then it was silent. All I could hear now was indistinct chatter from every corner of the cafeteria. I’m sure all eyes are on us. Why did he even approach our table? Ugh.
“Ouch,” I peered through my eyelashes and glared at Bom who was smiling at me like she didn’t kick my feet underneath the table.
“I’m sorry, Luhan. But I guess my best friend’s brain went somewhere else.” I rolled my eyes at her lame excuse.
“Uh, actually I just wanted to say hi to Dara since I thought we’re already friends. Guess I was wrong then.” I don’t know if that’s disappointment I heard or I’m just hallucinating. But with that, I heard his retreating footsteps.
I sighed in relief as I place my hand over my hammering chest. “Phew! That was close.”
“Pabo!” Bom said in an annoyed tone. “Why didn’t you talk to him?”
I straighten up and looked at her. “I… I don’t want to.” I muttered.
“He looked disappointed.” Bom pointed out.
I shot her a look. “Of course he’s not. Why would he be?”
“Well if you didn’t hear what he said, then let me repeat it to you.” She faked a cough and then looked at me with cold eyes. “Actually I just wanted to say hi to Dara since I thought we’re already friends. Guess I was wrong then.” I rolled my eyes at her fail attempt to imitate Luhan’s voice.
“Maybe he’s not used to girls avoiding him that’s why.” My gaze darted onto the sandwich and orange juice that was on the table… I’m suddenly full and don’t want to touch either of the two.
“Why are you avoiding him anyway?” Bom asked as if it’s not the most obvious question in the world.
“Does my name, Sandara Park, ring a bell?” I asked her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter