♛ OO3

The Bad Boy and The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Problem

 

♛ DARA'S POV ♛

When you say trouble, the thing that would immediately pop inside my head are the Oh twins—especially Luhan. But that’s not the case today. Yesterday on my way home, I saw a car parked on the street in front of our house. Then I saw three men in black on the front door. They were talking to my mom. I thought they’re just some people offering my mother to get insurance.

But I was wrong.

I saw the tallest of them point a finger at my mother and my mother clasped both of her hands as if she was pleading. Now at that point, I don’t think they’re guys from an insurance company anymore. Who would point a finger to a possible customer? So being the protective daughter I am, I ran to them.

 

“Dara,” The look on my mom’s face when she saw me was pure concern.

I stood beside my mother and placed my shoulders around her. When I got a good look on the three guys standing before us, I squeezed my mother’s shoulder. “Who are you?” I tried to keep my voice as firm as possible even though I am scared.

The fat guy who is bald and has piercing all over his face smirked at me. “Is this your daughter Mrs. Park?”

My mom’s hands circled around my waist protectively. “Not my daughter.” She said.

“Yeah. Not me fart face.” I blurted out of impulse.

The two guys beside him laughed at my remark but then fart face elbowed them on the ribs. He stepped forward and pointed a finger at me. “You think you’re brave, young lady?” He said. I wanted to puke at the smell of his breath. His finger shifted to point at my mother. “Mrs. Park, it’s either you pay your debts next week on a Monday or else…” The guy eyed me from head to toe and smirked.

Goosebumps.

“Tell him I’ll pay next week. I promise. Just… Not my daughter.” My mother pleads.

But they didn’t answer. Instead they walked away laughing, tapping each other’s shoulders like they were proud of their job. Mom’s hands loosened on my waist and she held both of my shoulders.

“I’m sorry, Dara.” She said and hugged me.

“Who are they? What are they talking about? Pay? Pay what?”

She sighed and led me inside our house closing the door behind us. She led me on the kitchen. I sat on the stool and played with my fingers to assuage the nervousness in me. My mom put out a pitcher of cold water from the fridge and two glasses from the cupboard. She poured each glass and handed me one. Placing down the pitcher on top of the kitchen counter, she sat on the stool opposite to mine. My mom was breathing heavily as she took a sip on her glass. She was looking anywhere but me and the look on her face were a mixture of fear and worry which got me more anxious.

“Mom,” I called which startled her. “What’s wrong? Who are those guys?”

She looked at me in the eye as if contemplating whether to tell me the truth or make some things up. Finally, taking another sip on her glass, she said, “Your dad…”

Oh no.

The moment I heard that, my mind went haywire. I remember thinking, is she going to tell me my dad is a leader of a famous gang here in Busan and those guys were form the rival gang? And they are harassing my mother so that they could have everything we have? And if my mom won’t give it to them they’ll get me instead?

“No way.” I blurted out which earned a confused stare from my anxious mother. “Is dad a leader of King Blood or something that resembles that kind of name?”

“What?”

But I didn’t answer. I continued talking about what I think. “And those guys were from Losers Pit or Smelly Ground or Fart Facers? Are they going to get our money? We have nothing but the café! Tell them dad didn’t leave us any gold bars!” I rubbed my temples and sip the glass of water I was holding.

“Okay… Dara. What are you talking about?”

“What?” I asked imitating how my mother was breathing heavily earlier.

“King Blood? Losers Pit? What gang?” She was frowning and was agape.

“Gang. A group of man with buffed muscles with tattoo sleeves and beards and piercings who deals drugs and is into fights.” I explained to her as if to enlighten her mind.

“Oh, Dara.” My mother said slapping her palm over her forehead. “It’s not like that. Your dad wasn’t macho.  He didn’t even have a single tattoo. He always shaved. And he had no piercings.”

I nodded slowly as I realize something. Right. My father is definitely not in a gang. He’s a very clean man. And he didn’t like to fight. “T-then… who are they?”

The scared look on my mother’s face was back. “Half of the money we used in putting up the Planet Café was borrowed from Mr. Lee. You see, him and your father were kind of friends. So when he found out that we needed money in putting up a business, he offered to lend us the amount we needed. Of course we accepted it because we really like to put up a café because you’re turning high school that time and we wanted you to enter Busan High and the money your father is getting for being in an insurance agent won’t get you there. When your father died…” she paused and my heart became heavy. We don’t really talk about my father’s death. I reached for her hand that was on top of the kitchen counter and squeezed it. “Well, at first everything was okay. I’m still paying him every week since I couldn’t really afford paying the whole amount. And it actually took me a year and a half now. He called me last month saying I should pay the remaining amount in whole but I told him I can’t because I used the money the café had earned for your tuition and I’ll just stick in paying him every week. But he didn’t agree. That wicked man.” My mother seethed.

“H-how much do you still owe him?”

“Around ten thousand dollars.”

 

And that’s how I find myself looking for jobs downtown instead of going to class today. I need to help my mother. Even if she didn’t ask me for help and told me to stay away from it, I knew I have to do something.

 

I step out of the bookstore I was currently in with my shoulders down. It would be a great place to work if they just accept a part time shift. I look around me and my eyes darted into an ice cream shop just on the other side of the street. My eyes lighten up and I trudge through the shop gripping the strap of my back pack tightly.

If my mom knew about this, she would surely ground me. And I couldn’t care less. Huh, do I look like some teenager who would bawl because my mom wouldn’t let me go outside of the house? No.

The bell din

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter