♛ OO1

The Bad Boy and The Playboy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meeting The Playboy

♛ DARA'S POV ♛

“Honey, you should try going out. You’re nineteen now,” my mother says through those deceiving brown eyes, almost pleading but all I could do is to look at her, making sure my eyes that has the same hue as her shows no interest about what she’s talking about. For the sake of all that’s holy, it has been our topic everyday at breakfast.

And I’m getting tired of it.

My mom sighs before continuing. “I haven’t seen you party or go out with your friends. Dara, you’re missing so much in your teenage life.” She rants like what I’m doing is a crime. What she said about parties was true. I don’t go to parties mainly because I don’t care about it. What wasn’t true was the thing she said that I don’t go out with my friends or in my case, best friend. I go out with Bom every time we’re both free! And I don’t think I’m missing so much.

I was about to open my mouth to argue but she continued speaking. “And oh, don’t even get me started with your love life.” I cringe upon hearing the last two words she said. “Get a boyfriend! And en—“

Okay, that’s it! “Seriously, mom? Is this how are we going to spend our mornings every single day?” I cut her off, not being able to hide my annoyance.

“But Dara,” she tries to argue.

I jumped off the kitchen stool with a French toast in my hand. “I’m getting tired of it mom. Ever since I started my senior year, all you do every morning is to blabber about my social life.” I was about to walk out on her when she called my name. “What?” I asks, taking a bite on my French toast.

“Having a boyfriend is fu—“

I roll my eyes at her. “Look mom, I don’t need a boyfriend.”

“But you need to get a life,” she states in an overly frustrated manner.

“Mom, I have a life.”

“Where? On that square piece of metal?”

“Yes. And that’s called a laptop, mom.”

“I know what it’s called. But Da—“

Sighing, I finish my toast and walked in front of her. “Mom,” I say as I hold both of her shoulders. “I am happy with my life. I have you. I have Bom. We have our café. I don’t need a boyfriend and those parties for my life to be complete. I already have you.” I smile at her and she smiles back.

“Oh, Dara...” she says, shaking her head.

I roll my eyes and lean down to hug her. “Love you, mom.”

“Okay, okay. Love you, too.” She replies as she rubbed my back.

“Now, I’ll go ahead ‘cause I’m going to be late.” I say as I pull away. I glance at the wall clock to check the time and my eyes widen with what I saw. “.”

“Language, Dara.” I hear my mom say. And when I look back at her she was smiling while stirring her coffee.

Realization dawned on me. “Did you plan this, mom?” I ask her.

My mom look at me innocently, holding back her smile. “What?”

“You were the one who turned off my alarm clock. And then you interrogate me about my social life so you could prolong the time and I will miss the bus and I will be late.” I accuse her, crossing my arms above my chest. Oh my gosh, I should have known.

My mom’s gaze pass me, probably to look at the wall clock and then back to me. “You know what, if you stand there for another second you will be really late.”

Grabbing my bag that was on the kitchen counter, I look at my mom. “We’re not yet over mom.” I tell her before I finally scram away.

 

When I got on the street I already saw the bus driving away. “No, no, no. Waiiiit!” Panic took over me as I scream. I try to chase it but the bus is too fast. I drop my shoulders, gasping for air. It’s the fastest way I can get to school. I need to be early because I have a long test in my English. I can’t be late. This is my mom’s fault.

 

I break a smile on my face when I remembered Bom. Maybe she can give me a lift. I pull out my phone from my pocket and dial Bom’s number. It didn’t take her a second to answer. “Bom!” I call her name as if it was my life line.

“Dee!” She screams, causing me to wince. “Where are you?”

“I missed the bus.” I answer. “Can you give me a lift?” I ask hoping.

“Sorry Dee. My car ran out of gas and my mom wouldn’t give me money to gas up. My dad drove me to school.”

“You mean, you’re already in school?” I ask and I can already feel my heart sinking.

“Yep. Sorry Dee.”

“It’s alright. I understand. I’ll hang up now. I guess I’ll have to run. I can’t enter the class late. They would stare at me! Bye, see you!” I didn’t wait for her to answer and ended the call. I slid the phone back inside my pocket and stared at road feeling tired even though I haven’t start running yet.

      

*beep beep*

 

“Ahhhhh!” I scream, turning my back only to see a black, shiny BMW a few inches away from me. It isn’t just an ordinary car though because I see Oh Luhan a.k.a. Busan High’s playboy inside sitting on the driver’s seat. I hold my breath as I stare at him. He’s so handsome that I have to blink myself back to reality before I could even ogle at him.

I saw him pop his head out the car window. “Miss, I know I’m handsome. But if you’re not going to step aside I am going to be late.” He says and that’s when I realize I am still in the middle of the road and I am blocking his way.

“I-I’m s-sorry,” Why am I stammering? Dara, get a grip of yourself.

“Yeah. So are you gonna get out of the way or should I go out and help you walk aside?” He asks and I already feel my cheeks heating up.

“S-sorry,” I say bowing my head down and stepping out of the way. I won’t look up until his car passes by.

Please, please, please hurry up.

But to my surprise, he stops his car in front of me.

I hesitantly look up only for me to see him looking at my c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter