I want the part.

Fuff Sprout Family

The week had started alright for the kids. It had started alright for Shinwoo and Jinyoung too. Jung granfathers didn't call when they got home, nobody cared.

Baro and Sandeul were at their classroom, paying attention to the teacher, she was talking about something very interesting. Specially to little Sunwoo.

"As you know, my little boys and girls, the spring festival of the School is soon coming and our class has to do a play, now, it's very important that you all take a part on it, being it as actors or as helpers behind the scenes" the young lady said smiling. Sunwoo's heart was beating fast. "The play we're going to represent this year is... The Happy Prince!"

Some clapped, included Junghwan, Sunwoo didn't clapped 'cause he wasn't sure what the play was about. All he knew is that the pretty lady seemed pretty happy about it, so it had to be a good play.

"So, kids. The homework today is very easy, you'll have to ask your parents what the play is about and you'll have to think what you want to do to be a part of it. Me and Kim songsengnim will hold auditions tomorrow morning for the parts of the Happy Prince and other characters. You also can participate in the play preparing the costumes, the scenery and the music."

The classroom was soon filled with the voices of little children talking all at once. Sunwoo saw Junghwan frowning, he was thinking, he looked funny while doing so. He poked his cheeks.

"Thinking of playing the piano?" he asked to his twin

"You think they'd pick me?" he seemed nervous

"Of course"

Twenty minutes later Shinwoo eomma was picking them up at the front door. Channie was telling them about how they had to make paper daisies to decorate the whole place and how he wanted to make pink ones, because it was his favorite colour. Junghwan won't shut up about the piano thing. Insinde, Sunwoo was only thinking about whether it was a good idea or not to tell Deullie about his plan...

He saw his teacher smiling. She was smiling because of the play. The play was about a prince. If he played the part of the Happy Prince she probably would fall in love with him and she would kiss him. The only thing he needed to know was what was the play about. He wasn't sure and he didn't want to play a silly character, that wouldn't work. Oh, and get the part of course, practice the acting. When they played plays at home he was always the main character, he was good at acting, at least, that was what eomma and appa said, he could even get a straight face while hearing his brother's laugh, and that was almost imposible. What he couldn't do tho, was stop thinking about the smile of the lady that teached him the maths.

"Deullie, I have to talk to you" Baro told him when they were eating after school. It was cookies day.

"But I'm eating"

"You always are hyung" Gongchan said

"It's eating time" he claimed, annoyed.

"Fine. Just hurry up" his brother was a nightmare, really.

"What is it hyung? Can I know?" the youngest asked before taking a sip of his milk

"No, you're too young to understand"

Gongchan looked at him offended. "I'm gonna tell appa you broke his watch and that it wasn't an accident"

"It was an accident" Baro said alarmed

"It doesn't matter"

Baro hated both of his brothers.

"Fine"

Ten minutes later they finally got Sandeullie out of the kitchen and after that they went to their special secret pleace, which means, under Gongchan's bed. No one would ever look there. And it was the darkest of the three beds so it was perfect, they fit perfectly in there. Baro asked his twin to explain the play to him. When he decided it was a good part to play he explained his plan.

"I've got to get the part" he said, lowering his voice

"The Happy Prince part?" Jungwhan asked

"Of course dumb, what else?"

"But, why?"

Baro wasn't really prepared for that question. Gongchan and Sandeul were very curious kids. Lucky they couldn't see him blushing in the darkness of their cave.

"I know why" Gongchan said

Sandeullie opened up his eyes very big "Really?"

Baro crossed his fingers hoping for a not.

"Yes. Baro hyung likes to be a star"

"That's right. He wants the crown" Sandeullie laughed.

Baro sighed. He was lucky Gongchan wasn't his classmate.

 

Shinwoo was making dinner when Jinyoung came home from work.

"How's my bear?" the skinny boy said, kissing his spouse in the cheek as he let go of his jacket.

"Happy that you're here" Shinwoo smiled "I'm making pork belly"

"Smells delicious, as always. I love it when it's your turn to cook"

"It's just because you hate to cook"

"Maybe" Jinyoung laughed "Where are the kids?"

"Sunwoo and Channie are watching TV. Hwannie was just here a few seconds ago"

"Helping you cook?"

"And asking for food"

"Tipically"

Dinner was calm. Gongchannie told eomma and appa about the daises. He told them about making a friend at school too; she was called Sunggae and she liked to jump the rope very much. Sunwoo and Jungwhan talked about the play. Baro didn't mention anything about him wanting the main part and his brothers kept their mouths quiet, Junghwan talked about the piano. Then they all took a bath and ten to bed.

It was 3 am when Baro was waking up Sandeul, climbing up his bed.

"Deullie-ah, wake up. Deullie-ah"

"Aigoo, Baro. What do you want?" he didn't need to open his eyes to know it was his brother.

"I can't sleep" he said, laying down besides his brother "I'm not tired"

"And it's supposed to be my fault?" Sandeul complained but he made a space for his brother anyways

"I have to tell you something"

"Baro-yah, I'm sleepy" he almost cried. He was having a good dream about ice cream.

"I think I like Miss. Cho" Baro continued, not listening to his brother at all.

Sandeul kept quiet for a while. Baro didn't say anything either.

"Everyone likes Miss. Cho" he finally said "She's super nice"

"No, you don't understand. I think i'm in love"

Sandeul sat down in his bed right away and looked down at Baro.

"LIKE EOMMA AND APPA?"

"SHUT UP!" he covered his brother's mouth. Damn that kid was so loud. "I don't know. Maybe."

"MMMM" Sandeul was trying to speak. Baro let go with a warning glare "Does that mean you're going to kiss?"

Baro hadn't think about that. Kissing was gross. But... it wasn't that gross was it? He liked it when he dreamed about Miss. Cho kissing him in the cheek. It felt nice. Like a flower. Sandeul was ewing him.

"Don't ew me"

"But it's gross"

"It's not. You don't understand love" Baro assured

"If you say so..." he still thought it was gross.

"I think she may like me back if I make a good Happy Prince" he admitted, looking at the ceiling in the dark.

"Oh. So that's with you wanting the part"

"Don't tell Gongchan"

"Buy me" Sandeul smiled.

"I'll give you my cookies tomorrow"

"Just tomorrow?"

"Okay... and the day after"

"Deal"

 

Baro was overworried that morning.

He would never say it out loud but he was greatful that Deullie was his classmate that day. At least he'd have a familiar face to look at that day in the auditions. It was going to be easy 'cause all he had to do was read something from a piece of paper Miss. Cho was going to give him.

The problem has Miss. Cho herslef.  She was way too pretty and Sunwoo was way too nervous.

He was waiting behind the courtains, looking at the school theater, his brother was there, eating the cookies that were before his, smiling at him to cheer him up. He knew he could do this, he could, he was good at acting, he was sunwoo, the cool boy, he could do anything, he had nothing to worry about.

He almost died when he heard Miss. Cho calling his name.

"Jung Sunwoo, your turn"