The Beginning

My Lost Love Came Back

Jessica slowly woke up to the sound of someone's voice. "Jessi~ wake up..."  

"Tiff?" She muttered out with her eyes still closed. The voice didn't answer as she now felt someone shaking her.

"Yah! SICA GET THE HELL UP!" Jessica jolted up from her desk from the loud yell. She looked around her trying to get a sense of where she was at. "Are you sure you're ok, Sica? I heard you say Tiffany's name." She turned her head towards the sound of the voice. Seeing that it was one of her best friends she sighed quietly.

"Yea I'm fine Sunny. Just, you know..."

"Alright, If you say so. But let me know if you need anything, I'm always here for you, you know." Jessica nodded her  head. "Anyways I came here to inform you, you have a meeting a half an hour from now." 

"Aish, thanks for letting me know." Jessica stretched in her seat trying to relieve her sore muscles she got from sleeping on her desk. 

"No problem. Now, work." Sunny left her office but not before sticking her tongue out. Jessica let out a small smile as she ran a hand through her hair before reaching for a pen and continuing where she left off.

This was Jessica's life. She had just graduated from the best university in the U.S and was now the CEO of her family's company in Korea. It was in this company where her best friends ended up working by chance, making her job as the CEO more fun. You may think she's pretty much happy owning a company, being rich, having great friends and all that, but that wasn't the case. Her heart and mind was filled with regret. The regret of not being strong enough, the regret of not being proud of being with her now ex-girlfriend. That was something that haunts Jessica's mind day and night. She couldn't stop thinking of her as well as the what ifs. What if she hadn't broken up with her? What if she hates her now? What if she got someone better, that totally deserves her?

Jessica sighed trying to focus on her work which was quite hard with all her thoughts clouding up her mind. She sighed once more, shaking her head slightly. "Are you alright?" Jessica stopped shaking her head and found Taeyeon standing at the door way holding two cups of coffee. 

"I'm fine." 

"You sure? Sunny's said you called out Tiffany's name again." 

"You know how it is Taeng, she in my mind 24/7." Taeyeon nodded before walking over to Jessica's desk, handing her one of the cups of coffee. "Best boss ever..." Jessica read what was on the mug. "Thanks Tae." 

"You like it? We bought it for you." Taeyeon said with a proud smile on her face. Jessica smiled at her dorky friend. "Well let's get going Sica." 

"Huh?" 

"I really can't believe your the CEO. We have a meeting in a few minutes." 

"Oh." Taeyeon gave her a look. "Hey, I can't remember everything." Jessica stood up from her desk, stretched, then walked over to Taeyeon who was now standing by the doorway. Together, they headed over to the meeting room with their workers bowing to them as they past them by while talking about random things. They reached the room with a minute to spare and entered the quiet room. Ten heads turned towards the door as they heard it open revealing Jessica and Taeyeon. They both bowed to their elders. The ten people on the room were the chairmen of the board of directors. 

"Glad you two could join us. There are a couple of papers scattered around the table, I suggest you both get one." Jessica's dad said. Although Jessica was now the CEO instead of her father, he was still managing the company with the help of his friends which happened to be the other people in the room. 

Taeyeon and Jessica sat down next to each other as they grabbed the papers in front of them. "Alright then, since everyone is here, the meeting will start now." Jinsang (Jessica's dad) said. "As you can see here," he pointed towards the screen located in the front of the room where all the profit sales, graphs, and pie charts were shown, "The profits are slightly decreasing over the past few months. We need to do something so this company won't be in danger of being bankrupt." Jessica payed close attention to each word her father was saying. She raised her hand. Her father called on her, "Yes Jessica?"

"Is there any specific way you want to deal with this problem?" 

"None at the moment but we'll let you know if that changes. For now, just try and get more investors for the company." Jessica nodded her head. 

"Uh, sir?" Taeyeon said with her arm raised awkwardly. "How is the marketing and management going?" She wanted to know if her team was doing well. Jinsang smiled a bit. 

"It's doing great Taeyeon, keep up the good work." Taeyeon nodded before mouthing 'Yes!' to herself. "Well then, does anyone else have any questions?" Jinsang looked around. "Since there's no questions, this meeting is dismissed." Sounds of paper shuffling filled the room as everyone was in a hurry to get out. Jessica stood up along with Taeyeon as they both gathered up the papers infront of them. They were the first to leave so they bowed down to their seniors and exited the room. 

"So any plan Sica?" Taeyeon asked as they walked back to Jessica's office. Jessica shrugged.

"I just need to find ways to get more investors for the company like what my dad said." Jessica opened the door to her office and layed the papers in her hand on the table.

"Well if you need any help, you know where to find me." Jessica smiled and nodded her head. 

"Thanks Taeng." 

"No problem Sica. I'll see you during the lunch break." Jessica made an 'ok' sign with her fingers as she watched Taeyeon exit her office. Once she was gone, Jessica sat down on her desk and stared at the pile of papers infront of her.

"Let's get working." Jessica muttered to herself, as she now diligently worked in silence with no distractions. Time seemed to be on her side today as the hands on the clock read '1:20pm' signaling it was lunch time. Jessica was too immersed in her work that she didn't even notice until Taeyeon, Sunny, and Sooyoung bursts through her doors loudly causing the blonde girl to look up from the paper she was reading. 

"You do know it's lunch time Sica." Sooyoung pointed out. 

"Really?" 

"Yea... It started about 5 minutes ago." Sunny said. Jessica looked at the clock hanging in her room before putting down the paper she held onto the desk as she stood up from her chair. 

"Well then, let's go." Her three friends nodded as they followed her out of her office. They reached the elevator located at the end of the hallway and rode it down to ground level. After exiting the elevator and building, they began making some small conversations while heading over to a restaurant where one of Sunny's co-workers recommended.

"Man, I can't wait to eat!" Sooyoung said excitedly. 

"You always can't wait to eat." Taeyeon stuck out her tongue towards Sooyoung. 

"Hey at least I'm not a midget." 

"Yah! What'd you say!" Taeyeon held her fist infront of her face ready to fight with Sooyoung. 

"Alright kids, stop fighting." Sunny said to the two childish adults. 

"But-" 

"No buts Taengoo." 

"Listen to your girlfriend." Sooyoung said with a smug look on her face. Taeyeon glared at her.

"Where are we eating guys?" Jessica asked trying to divert the conversation to something else, which she succeeded in doing. She really didn't want to hear two of her friends yelling at each other until they reached the place where they were going to eat.

"It's at this restaurant called 'One Up'." Sunny answered her. "My co-worker said they make the best food in town." Jessica nodded. 

"That's actually a pretty cool name for a restaurant." 

"I know right." 

"Is that the building over there?" Sooyoung pointed over to a  small building painted with a light brown color. The restaurant's name was colored in red and black in big letters letting everyone know of it's presence. 

Sunny nodded. "Yup, that's the place." After Sunny said that, Sooyoung immediately quickened her walking pace. 

"Yah Sooyoung, wait up!" Taeyeon yelled after the giant as she was now halfway near the restaurant. Taeyeon said beer turning her attention to Sunny. "We should catch up." Taeyeon grabbed Sunny's wrists and dragged her along as they tried to catch up with Sooyoung leaving Jessica alone. 

"Well at least I don't have to run." Jessica said to herself as she continued walking.

-

"Can you please not leave us behind like that?" Taeyeon asked once they were inside the building. 

"Sorry, I'm just really hungry." Sooyoung's stomach grumbled wanting to be fed.

"But you just ate like an hour ago." 

"So?" 

"Alright you two stop fighting." Sunny interrupted them. "And Taeyeon, you left Sica behind." 

"I did?" Sunny glared at her girlfriend. 

"Do you see her here?" 

 "No..." 

"Thanks for leaving me behind." The three girls turned around and found Jessia looking at them blankly. 

"I'm sorry, I thought you'd follow." Taeyeon said apologetically. Jessica rolled her eyes.

"Yah, you know my motto right? 'Never run no matter how late you are.'" 

"Can't you run for once?" Jessica shook her head. Taeyeon opened to speak again when a voice interfered.

"Hello, welcome to 'One Up' how many people?" They turned their attention towards the front and found a waiter.

"Uh yes, a table for four please." Sooyoung quickly answered as the waiter nodded and told them to follow him. He led them to the corner of the restaurant and presented their table to them. They sat down as he placed the menus in front of them.

"I will be back when you're ready to order." The waiter bowed before heading off to another part of the building. The four girls opened up the menus and looked at the food the place served. A few minutes later a different waiter, appeared. 

"Hello everyone my name is Jinsu, can I get you started with any drinks?" 

"Ah yes, I would like a glass of water." Taeyeon said as Jinsu wrote down the order. Taeyeon motioned for Sunny to go next. 

"I would like lemonade." 

"Make that two." Sooyoung said. Jinsu nodded.

"How about you miss?" His attention now towards Jessica.

"I guess you can make that three." 

"Alright then, I'll be back with your drinks." Jinsu quickly arrived with their drinks as he placed them down infront of the girls. He disappeared again before returning with a notepad. "Are you girls ready to orders?"

"Yes. Hm... I guess I'll have spaghetti." Sunny said while looking at the menu. 

"Spaghetti reminds me of you Tiff..." Jessica thought to herself.

"Let's see, I'll have kimchi, Samgyeopsal, Jjajangmyeon, pizza, and ramyeon." Sooyoung said. 

"I'll just have Samgyetang and Gimbap." Jessica ordered. 

"I'd like Seolleongtang." Taeyeon said. 

"Ok." Jinsu then gathered up the menus and left the girls.

"Whose paying for this again?" Jessica asked.

"Sooyoung!" Sunny and Taeyeon yelled at the same time.

"What? Why me?" 

"Because you ordered a lot." Taeyeon pointed out.

"So?" 

"You're still paying!" Jessica shook her head at her friends behavior. She looked to her right and found a familiar face she hadn't seen in a very long time. Her eyes widened as she froze in her seat.

"Sica, I don't have to pay right?" Sooyoung asked the girl next to her. When she didn't answer, Sooyoung shook her slightly. "Sica?" 

"Is she alright?" Sunny said concerned. Sooyoung shrugged while continuing to shake her.

"Yah, Sica. What's wrong." Taeyeon said to the girl infront of her waving her hand near Jessica's face. 

"I think I just saw Tiffany."


A/N: OMG I THINK THIS IS SUCH A FAILED FIRST CHAPTER ASDFGHJL........ Ok I just want to apologize for this chapter and posting this a little later than I intended to... Sorry guys :(.... Anyways I hope this chapter doesn't disappoint you too much hehe I'm not good at starting stories *shows a cheeky smile.* Anyways hope you enjoy! 

Thank you for reading!! Wolfey signing out *peace*