Chapter Seven

Using Ice To Melt Ice

Hyorin’s POV

“Her birthday came. & she went to school and received multiple presents from fan boys and friends. She smiled at everything they gave her and said to her. She came home and her parents immediately took the gifts and threw them away. “What did I say about gifts?!” her mother said. She was immediately whipped and abused. She cried so hard and so much.. Her brother jumped in front of her and started to take the whippings for her, which only made them whip harder.” I close my eyes from remembering how Eunji told me. She was so scared & sad..

 “By then, the both of them were crying and tattooed with scars and blood. The pain for her was worse; because.. you’ll hear why. But, she has a cut directly diagonal on her stomach. It’s still here ‘till today. But anyways.. They went sent to study and their parents, went into the same room they were studying in and found them sleeping propped up against each other. They immediately started the beating again and finally Sungjong started fighting back. It never happened before, so it shocked them.”

I blink tears out of my eyes. “Eunji was so small and so fragile, she didn’t dare hurt anyone. After beating Sungjong to the pulp. They left the room, shoving books their way. She immediately helped Sungjong. She smiled and told him it’ll be alright. Everything will be okay, just like how he told her when she tried to run away.. The genuine smile on her face kept getting smaller and weaker. They silently cried together, hugging each other for comfort. Sungjong sighed and whispered, “I’m sorry” into Eunji’s ears after leaving into his room. After a while, It was dinner time...” I deeply inhale and exhale. I see hurt in L.Joe’s eyes and they show pain.

“Dinner time came. They all sat at the table and they barely ate anything. Their parents scolded for being such pigs and for not being the best. “Sungjong, pick up your face. It’s uglier when its down like that.” His father remarked. “No.” Sungjong said coldly. It was the first time one of them disobeyed. Any disobeying lead to discipline. & It was the first time Sungjong was cold. He was always so happy and smiling. His father took off his belt. & immediately Eunji jumped in front of her brother, taking the first hit. He hugged her tightly and placed her behind him. She cried and whimpered. He took the abusing hand and grabbed the belt. It slipped from his father’s hand and Sungjong immediately whipped his father back.

The mother, however, terrified at the scene, went to help the father. After a few whips, he dropped the belt, quickly went to his room and grabbed a luggage bag. “I’m gone. Out of your lives. You’re welcome.” He said coldly. It was new to Eunji, she’s never heard him be so cold. Sungjong looked down to see the crying little sister and hugged her, carrying her to the doorway. “Oppa.. don’t leave. Jebal. Things will get better. I promise. You know I keep my promises oppa. Don’t leave me here. You can’t!” she screamed the last part. “Eunji. Don’t make such promises. Eunji, look at me.” He caressed her tears away.

“I’m sorry. Oppa’s being selfish right now. We both know that. But know something. You won’t forgive me for my decision, but at least know that oppa loves you and wants the best for you okay? You’ll always be in my heart, just like I am in yours. I love you. Always & forever. Infinite.” He kissed her forehead and left. “Oppa!” she screamed, but she was held back. She cried and cried and did nothing but cry for the next few days. She remembered his exact words..

 Sungjong didn’t know how many times she wanted to run away but didn’t because of him. Her parents are different now. They act like kings and queens but never laid a finger on Eunji. They knew that she was smart enough to leave also.. but she never did. She thinks her brother might come back.. I think. But anyways.. She’s never genuinely smiled since.. & that’s why she’s so cold. Now she hated him for leaving her. She thought she learned to live without him... but..” I stopped talking.

 

L.Joe’s POV

I was so shocked. “Her story. It’s... so sad. I never would have guessed even a bit..” I mumble. “I’m so sorry for bieng cold to her.. if I knew, I wouldn’t have been such a jerk. I feel so sorry. She should know my story as well.” “Yeah. That’s why she’s so cold now. It’s been nearly four years. Exactly one month is her birthday.. & that’ll be four years..” She trails off. I wonder why she’s trailing off but then the door opened and revealed Eunji. “Eunji...” I say slowly.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TBH, I REALLY LIKE WATCHING DANCE COVERS OF BTS 

AND GOT7

AND JUST ALL IN GENERAL. xD