Soulmate? What? You stalker!

Oranges

Jongdae didn’t know what to think anymore. As it turns out, his boyfriend is a vampire. How cliché is that?

 

He was sitting on his couch just staring at the wall, thinking. Kris didn’t tell him for a reason, obviously. Why though? What was the reason? Was he doing it just to get into my pants? Was he scared of how I would react? I think any normal person would freak out, wouldn’t they?

 

He heard a knock at the door. When he looked at the clock, he saw that it was 2 in the morning. Is he really knocking? He has a key, that weirdo. If he was being honest though, he was glad that Kris was giving him the chance to  He was terrified, if he was being honest. It’s not every day that you come across a vampire after all.

 

But what was he scared of? Was he scared that Kris would hurt him? That Kris is something that he thought was fiction? Was he really scared at all, or more curious?

 

There was another knock.

 

No. He was definitely scared. Maybe just a little bit less now that he had time to think. Knock Knock.

 

“Oh my ing god, Kris. If you don’t stop knocking on my door, I am going to kick you where it hurts.” Jongdae went to stand by his door. Knock Knock. “I’m being serious. Can’t you wait for me to get the door unlocked you idiot?” He opened the door only to see a bag of oranges in his face.

 

Kris looked up sheepishly, holding up the sac for his love to take. “I got you new ones, since you dropped them last time.”

 

“Gee, I wonder why.” Jongdae left the door open as he walked back into the living room.

 

Well he doesn’t seem to utterly hate me if he’s allowing me in… but he didn’t take the oranges. Kris walked through and went to sit on the couch. Jongdae stared at Kris for a few minutes before Kris decided he couldn’t take it. “Look, I know you are upset that I didn’t tell you, but I have my reasons why. Several actually…”

 

“Can I ask you a question first? Are Joonmyeon hyung and Minseok hyung vampires too?”

 

Kris sighed before nodding.

 

“How lovely.”

 

“I just didn’t want to scare you off by telling you-”

 

“And you think that me discovering for myself wasn’t absolutely terrifying?”

 

“I didn’t mean for you to find out that way.”

 

“But I did and what now? What other things have you been keeping from me?”

 

Kris paused and looked at Jongdae.

 

“Kris? What is it?” Jongdae had meant the question rhetorically. He didn’t actually think Kris had anymore secrets, but seeing Kris hesitate made him curious as to what he was hiding.

 

You’re…”

 

“I’m…? Fabulous? Amazing? Great in bed? Those aren’t exactly secrets you know.”

 

“Wait, great in bed? Have you slept with anyone else?”

 

“Wha- no you moron!”

 

“You aren’t lying to me are you? I don’t want my soulmate seeing anyone else!” Kris stopped, looking down. He was planning on a romantic way of telling Jongdae. Perhaps take him to the beach and set out a picnic and tell him slowly, when he was more comfortable…

 

“I’m your what? Soulmate? Is that what you said?”

 

Kris peeked up at his love. Jongdae looked at the taller with a disbelieving look on his face. “Yeah. I said soulmate,” Kris held his head with his hands, “this wasn’t how I wanted to tell you that either.”

 

“So you’re telling me that I am meant to be with you for… forever?”
    

“Yes.”

 

“And you’re just now telling me this?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Because you were… what? So blinded by my awesomeness that you conveniently forgot to tell me something of vital importance?”

 

“Yes.” Kris paused. “Hold on a second-”

 

“Nope. No take backs. You agreed; I’m the best.”

 

The taller man sighed. Jongdae just smirked at the blonde and reached for an orange. “So basically, you’re a vampire who is out for my blood, but you don’t want to kill me? Is that what’s going on?”

 

“I can’t really deny that I guess.”

 

“And you want to make me yours forever?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Are you really Edward Cullen?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because you are just as much of a stalker as he is.”

 

Silence.

 

“Really Kris? Really?”

 

“I’ve been alive for so long and you just kept coming back! I had to follow you!”

 

“Great. My own personal stalker.”

 

Kris sulked on his end of the couch.


 

~~~~~~

 

    Jongdae, while still tentative, seemed to accept Kris a little more each day. He thought about it constantly, the soulmate thing. He didn’t really believe it at first, but after Kris explained how his scent was always so different from the rest, how it always drew him in, he started to realize that the taller man really just wanted to be happy with his mate. The taller also explained what being a vampire was like. It wasn’t all sunshine and berries, obviously, but living forever? It was a scary thought. He would miss his friends and family. He would miss being able to stay in an area for a long time. He would miss… being alive.

    The more he thought about it, however, the more he warmed up to the idea. Jongdae has thought about it a lot. He can’t say he know’s what he’ll be getting into, but he doesn’t think it will be horrible. He knew something was different with Kris. He had crushes before, had relationships, but with Kris… it was different. He realizes now that it was probably because Kris was a vampire, but like with Kris, he was just drawn to the older. There was something about him that just made Jongdae… happy.

 

    Jongdae was ready to accept Kris’s offer. He would become a vampire, make new friends (Joonmyeon was the most excited, maybe even more than Kris), and enjoy life with his love.

 

 



 

Well guys. It's done. I guess. ^^;; I WILL be going back to fix things now that I feel like it's at a good stopping point. I am not really happy with the way i wrote everything and the formating is kind of... crap. (And look, it's sooner than a week like i promised! Barely, but still! (it will be a week tomorrow june 30th))

THINGS ARE HAPPENING:

- I might go back and make the whole thing one or two chapters. 

- I will possibly be going back and adding more sections, deleting parts, or making the story something that doesn't have a lot of plot bunnies that failed. (i.e. i noticed i forgot to include the puppies after about two mentions. They just ran away i guess ^^;;)

- I will add the changes in bulk. (i.e. I will probably edit chapter one and two and then combine them both.) When this happens, i will be adding a new chapter explaining what i did for those that are subscribed and have read the story already. The chances of me doing the whole story at once are slim, so if you aren't a fan of reading the same story 10 billion times, then i would ignore the first update of changes and wait until i redo the whole thing :D)

- If anyone has suggestions as to what they want in the story (like "hey, can you include the puppies more?" or "i want to see less of this and more of this") please feel free to comment below or PM me. You can even comment on my wall if you want :D

- I want to thank everyone again (for the hundreth time) for staying with me through this. I know its not the greatest. Thank you to all of the upvoters, subscribers, commenters, readers (silent or non), my friend Krissy for helping me, and especially the OP (Shalis_Darkhunter). I hope everyone enjoyed and I'll see you all soon :D