1.5

Oranges

    They got to Jongdae’s apartment and Krist tried hard not to let his sadness show through. He wanted to spend more time with him, yet he didn’t want to keep Jondgae from taking a warm bath any longer.

 

    “Thanks again for helping me,” Jongdae said as he shifted the box on his hip to get the door unlocked.

 

    “It was the least I could do,” Kris replied, rubbing the back of his neck. Noticing Jongdae’s struggle, he reached to take the box.

 

    Jongdae finally got the door open and turned to the tall man. Kris was looking down at the puppies fondly. “Would you like to come in for some tea?”

 

~~~~~~

 

    Jongdae sighed happily as he took a sip of his orange tea and watched Kris play with the puppies. There were four of them, all different from one another. His favorite was the yellow lab; he was playing with the blonde man. The resemblance is uncanny. Jongdae thought to himself.

 

    Kris broke him from his thoughts. “Are you going to keep them?”

 

    “I dont know. I want to, but I don't know if I can keep them happy. Puppies are so hard to keep up with!” Jongdae sighed, then an idea came to mind. “Are you wanting one? i know a guy who loves dogs, he’d be willing to take in one or two.”

 

    Kris didn’t hesitate, “Of course I will! One one condition…”

 

    “And what would that be?” Jongdae raised his eyebrows.

 

    “You let me take you out for coffee… as a date.” Kris really hoped he didn’;t just ruin everything.

 

    Jongdae laughed, yes becoming slits from his wide smile. “Sure.”

 

~~~~~~

 

Kris could still smell Jongdae and his orange tea as he sat at home after their date. It went rather well, if he thought so himself. He met Jongdae at the café a few blocks down and then they decided to go for a walk at the park since it was a nice day out. Jongdae led them to the tree Kris first saw him at and they just sat and talked. They talked about everything really. They talked about the puppies and how Jongdae’s friend Chanyeol adores his new pet. “They are so similar, it's like they were twins separated at birth!” Jongdae laughed.

 

Kris was jolted from his memories as a book was thrown at him.

 

“Kris… why is there a dog chewing on my shoes?” Minseok glared at the blonde man.

 

“It’s not chewing on your shoes, she was right here…” Kris trailed off as he looked where Orange was ten minutes ago.

 

Minseok sighed. “It wouldn’t have anything to do with Jongdae, would it?”

 

“How did you know his name was Jongdae?”

 

“You were muttering it in your sleep. Jongdae this, Jongdae that.”

 

“I took him on a date… how much longer before I can make him mine? I’m getting nervous. I want to take this slow, but I don't know if it’s such a great idea. Anything can happen!”

 

“Don’t panic for one…”

 

Kris glared.

 

~~~(A few months later)~~~

 

    Ring Ring

 

    Ring Ring

 

    “Hello?”

 

    “Hey… Kris.”

 

    “What’s wrong? You don’t sound too good. Are you sick? Do you need anything? I can bring you over some porridge! Ill have to buy it though, since I’m not the best cook but-”

 

    “Can you bring me over some cough medicine?” Jongdae rasped.


~~~~~~