Not even counting anymore

Oranges

 ~~~~~~

 

    “Come on Jongdae, it’s not that bad.”

 

    “It smells awful. What did you buy? Old gym sock soup?”

 

    “Wha-no!”

 

    “I’m not eating it.”

 

    “Do you enjoy hacking out a lung every five minutes?”

 

    “Yes. It’s the best feeling ever.”

 

    “Jongdae, just get half of it down.”

 

    “You eat half, I’ll eat the rest.”

 

    “No. You eat the half first, then I’ll get the other.”

 

    “Don’t lie to me Kris.”

 

    Kris sighed as he set the soup down on the bedside table. This isn’t going anywhere. “Please, Jongdae? I’ll do whatever you want, just eat the damn soup for me!”

 

    Jongdae, face flushed yet pale, smirked.


 

~~~~~~

    “You missed a spot.”

 

    Kris sighed, reaching over to wipe the “dusty” spot again. “Aye Aye Captain.”

 

    Jongdae grinned from his perch on the couch. you could only see his head since he was wrapped in a cocoon of blankets. It’s been three days since he’s been sick and he was feeling better. Seeing Kris work so hard to help him get better as soon as possible made him feel all gooey inside. He and Kris had been “going out” for a few months now. They haven’t really made it official, but they were fine with it. They both knew that they liked each other, one maybe liking the other a bit too much for it being so early in the relationship.

 

    Kris finished wiping down the table and went to go make some tea for Jongdae. He was feeling less in a panic now that Jongdae was out of the danger zone. He was afraid. One of the times that he was with Jongdae, about century and a half ago if he remembers correctly, he had died from an illness. He didn’t want that to happen again, so he tried to spoil Jongdae and take care of him. When would it be appropriate to ask him about being forever together? I don’t think my heart can take much more of him being sick. Kris sobbed inwardly.

 

    “Thank you.”

 

    “For what?”

 

    “Making me drink that forsaken liquid to get better. It really did help, even if it ruined my precious taste buds.”

 

    “You’re too precious to be sick.”

 

    “Shut up, you cheese.”

 

    Kris gave him a gummy smile and handed him the tea.

 

~~~~~~

 

    “So Kris.”

 

    “So Jongdae.”

 

    They were playing with the puppies in Jongdae’s living room. It will be a year that they have been together in a month and three days. Not that Kris was counting or anything.

 

    “I was thinking…”

 

    “Did it hurt?”

 

    That earned him a slap on the arm.

 

    “Do you just want to move in? Half of your crap is here anyway. And you stay over more often than leave.”

 

    “Are you saying that because I’ve been intruding? I can stop if you want.”

 

    Jongdae sighed. “You worry me sometimes. I just asked you if you would like to move in and you act like I’m doing it by force. I

wouldn’t have asked you if I wasn’t sure, you idiot.”

 

    “Ouch.” Kris feigned hurt, putting his hand to his heart.

 

~~~~~~

 

    Everything was going smoothly. Kris moved in, bring all of his face products with him. (“How many do you have?! I don’t think all of them are necessary!” “They are too! I need them all to keep my face looking nice and fresh! I don’t want face demons or dark circles!” “I swear, Kris.” One would think he wasn’t a vampire with the way he acts.) Kris had finally introduced Jongdae to Minseok and Joonmyeon, with only minor difficulties. (“Oh he’s so adorable!” Joonmyeon reached out to pinch Jongdae’s cheeks. Minseok kept trying to lead the conversation to awkward questions.) Jongdae introduced Kris to Chanyeol and they got along great. (“I shouldn’t have introduced each other to you. You’re both too tall.” “You’re just short,” they both responded.)

 

    Kris was happy. Jongdae was happy. Everything should be fine, right?    
 

    The only complaint that Kris had was the issue of bringing up him being a vampire. Sometimes he forgot, since he was trying to be human enough to not raise suspicions. It was becoming more difficult to hold back, however, since Jongdae’s smell was all over. It was his apartment, so it made sense, but Kris was getting overwhelmed. He didn’t want to do it without Jongdae’s permission, he didn’t want his love to hate him for making him a vampire, but how to bring the subject up?  I don’t want to suddenly be like, “Oh hey, by the way, I’m a vampire and I want us to be mates.” I don’t think that will go over well. Especially when I would have to explain that vampires mate for life.

    

~~~~~~

 

    

     Jongdae hummed as he walked back from the store. It was late at night and he was only carrying one thing: oranges. He had a sudden craving for them and he just needed to get them. He stopped walking when he heard a noise to his left. He was the only one on the street, so the noise made him jump. He heard rustling coming from the direction of the alley and he decided to check it out against his better judgment.

 

    As he peered into the darkness, he picked out two figures. Just then, he gasped, dropping his oranges on the ground.

 

    “Kris?”

 

    Said man let the body he was feeding from drop to the ground. He looked up in shock, red eyes glowing and blood flowing from his mouth. No!

 

    Jongdae slowly backed away from the taller. He couldn’t stop staring at the lifeless body that was on the ground. “W-what…”

 

    “I can explain-”

 

    “I certainly ing hope you can!” Jongdae took another look at the body and started to feel sick. “Oh god, I’m going to throw up.” He grabbed his stomach and crouched over, heaving.

 

    Kris reached out for his panicked love. “Jongdae-”

 

    Jongdae wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, slowly getting up. He held up his hands, “No. Just… I need to be alone for a while.”

 

    The blonde watched as his love practically ran from his view, holding his mouth. He lowered his arm and looked sadly at the fruit left on the ground. I just screwed this up big time, didn’t I?

    

~~~~~~

 
 
 
 
Yes yes, I am a terrible author for not updating in the longest time... I'm sorry. Forgive me? 
I took a small hiatus from this, since i didn't know how to transition the whole "Hey I'm a vampire and we're soulmates" thing. 
 
I would like to think Krissy for helping me figure out where to go from here.
 
Sorry again for not updating in forever~ (especially OP. I hope i haven't dissapointed you yet!)
I will make it up to you by having another update sooner than a week, so watch out for that!
 
I also want to say that I am sorry if i haven't individually thanked you for subscibing or commenting or etc. I am on my phone more of the time and it is impossible to reply (especially update) or comment. My phone literatlly closes out of the internet if i try to reply to too many T-T But thank you for those who have!
 
~Paper_stars