I am Jung Heecheol

She's My Woman!

               I am Jung Heecheol. People said I’m cold, arrogant, whatever. They call me Mr. Grumpy, well…I just don’t like being disturbed. I just want to say to you that, please don’t judge the book by its cover. I probably look sharp, but once you get to know me, you can’t escape. I’m a nice guy after all.

“Heecheol-ah, what time are you free tomorrow?” Sera noona asked me through the phone.

“At 4 p.m. Why?”

“I’ll pick you up at 4 then, I need to tell you something.” then She hung up.

                Sera noona is the one who has a crush on my brother. She lives not far from my house. She has a nice red hair which will make you look at her twice if you accidentally meet her on the street. She and my brother were classmates since elementary school. They both know each other for like, forever. Only God knows how long they have been together. But well, she’s more like my sibling, to be honest. I’m not that close with my brother. He’s always busy. My parents always said that I’m not as good as him. He’s a hard worker, while I love watching TV and being lazy more. He’s a good looking man, while I love my hair being tied up and my mom will scold me because of that.  He’s a smart person, while I always fail at my driving test. He’s perfect and I’m not, simple as that.

                By the way, Sera noona has a pretty cousin named Park Minha. He’s 2 years younger than me. First time I saw her was three months ago. She was accepted in my university. So, she’s my junior. She looks like a typical supermodel which you always see in the magazines. Tall, pretty, slim, has a nice long hair. But one special thing from her that I like is, she’s a cold person. Just like me. She looks like a person who won’t speak unless you give her a question to answer. It is very interesting.

Sunday, 4.10 p.m..

“Is your brother at home?” Sera noona asked me with a cheerful expression.

“No, he will come home late at night as always. You now it too, why did you ask?”

“Can’t you stop being like this? Your brother is a nice person, you know? You should be grateful to have a brother like him.” Sera noona gives advice to me.

“I understand, Miss who-is-in-love-with-my-brother-but-don’t-have-any-courage-to-tell-him-the-truth.”

“Heecheol-ah. It’s not that I don’t have any courage, it’s just…I’m not good enough for him.” Sera noona looks down and sighs.

“So, where are you going to take me today?” I asked.

“Minha needs a new apartment, the one she lives now is too far away from the university. I’ll ask you to come with me and find a good place for her since she still has a class right now.”

“Why me?”

“Heecheol-ah, be nice to me or I leave you in the middle of this highway.” Sera noona gives me a warning.

“I’m just not in a good mood, noona. Sorry.”

“Why? You fail at your driving test again?” Sera noona asked.

“No, something else bothers me.”

                What I mean something else is, my brother a.k.a Siwan the Perfect Man just agreed to work in our company as the manager. Our father owns a nice hotel, one of the best in Korea. He always wants one of us to be the manager. Not me, of course. I don’t have any interest at being a manager, greeting people with a fake smile or whatever you call it. I enjoy rapping and writing lyrics. I love music. That’s all.

“To come to this area will take about 20 minutes by foot, right Heecheol-ah?” Sera noona asking me while looking at the right and left.

“Yes, you even can see my university if you live on the sixth floor and above.”

“How do you know?”

“One of my friends lives in this apartment, noona…” I answered.

“Really? A guy?”

“No, a girl.”

“Okay.” Sera noona said that half laughing.

“Why?”

“Be honest, how many girls do you know, Heecheol-ah?”

“She’s my classmate, noona. I came here with my other classmates, we did our project at her apartment. She lives with her brother and sister.” I said.

                Sera noona nods, seems like she doesn’t believe everything I’m saying. After find a nice place for her cousin, we both go to a coffee shop near the university while waiting for Minha.

“You like my cousin, right?” Sera noon suddenly asked.

                I choke on my coffee and spill it a little.

“No, who said that?”

“When you’re nervous, you’re panicked! I’ve known you for almost 22 years, Heecheol-ah!” Sera noona smiles at me.

“No, she’s just very interesting.”

“Many guys said that. She was famous for being a pretty girl since high school. I think many of your friends often talk about her too, right?”

“Yes, I heard some of my classmates tried to ask her out. I just laughed.” I said.

“Really? And you didn’t? Why? Don’t have any courage?” Sera noona looks at me in the eyes, trying to give me challenge.