Doors and Steps

Mr. Happy

"Take my hand, darling." Mr. Happy said, cocking his top hat and smirking a sinister smirk. The look on his face haunted Tiffany but she decided that it was worth going with him. As they walked down the hall, it seemed to get darker and darker. Tiffany noticed that she couldn't make anything out of what was her room anymore, as though she was drifting into a different dimension.Tiffany kept on glancing behind her but Mr. Happy squeezed her hand tightly, so tight that it bothered her.

"Ouch." Tiffany said.

"Don't look back, darling. It's useless glancing at our past. We must always look forward because if we keep our heads stuck in the past, we might miss what's coming."

And he meant literally.

As the two were about to exit the hallway room, a white, bald, and emaciated figure leapt before them. Tiffany got scared and tried to hide behind Mr. Happy but Mr. Happy alone was enough to creep her out. The figure, now taking the form of a man, possibly a dying patient, He had bloodshot eyes, sore and scarred lips, and bulging, murderous eyes that had bloodlust written all over them. As he prowled around the girl and her guardian, he stabbed the air repeatedly with his knife, making howling sounds like a mad hyena. 

"Come here you little . Let me stab your fresh little ." he said, his sore and scabbed lips.

"Who is he? Who is he?!" Tiffany found herself tugging at the coattails of Mr. Happy's tweed suit. 

"A pigment of your imagination. Go ahead. Face him."

"I can't. I'm scared." Tiffany was on the verge of tears. The crazed man was still running around them in circles. Finally, he stopped right behind Tiffany and she was sure that it was there. She could feel his heavy panting and that maniacal sigh.

He's right behind me. I can feel him. Tiffany said. She was still clutching tightly the coattails of the tweed suit when Mr. Happy moved aside. 

"Where are you going?"

"Face your fears." he said. Tiffany stood tall amidst the circling madman.

"Give your soul to me." he hissed. Tiffany stood tall and looked him dead in the eye. 

"You cannot touch me. You're not real." Tiffany bellowed.

"Oh but I am. Shall I stab you?" he asked with a hiss like a cobra. Full of confidence and bravery, Tiffany stepped forward and stuck her chest out.

"Right in the heart." she said. The creature was dashing towards her, knife up and all and just as he was about to plunge it in her heart, Tiffany closed her eyes tightly and put her hands in front of her, making it look like she was pushing him away. Without even touching him, the bald emaciated crazed patient began to turn into foam. He screamed and screamed for his life but Tiffany remained strong til the end. Until he was nothing but white foam on the ground. As he vanished, Tiffany was in utter awe of what she was able to do. She then felt long, bony fingers on her shoulder.

"Good job." said Mr. Happy. They continued their voyage to this strange land in Tiffany's mind.