Sudden Turn

Mr. Happy

Tiffany rushed outside of the room, breathing heavily. Slamming the door behind her, she was surprised to see that Mr. Happy was nowhere to be found. The room turned into total darkness which made Tiffany trip and fall on her knees and palms. As she was on all fours, she felt her breath shortening. So much was it that she felt ht eneed to clutch her chest as she was sure she was suffocating.

"Tiffany.." came Mr. Happy's voice.

"Tiffany..." it sounded off even more. Tiffany tried to stand up but found it unable to as though someone was pressing down on her. The struggle became even harder as she felt her entire body numb as though she was stuck on the floor.

"Come now Tiffany..." said Mr. Happy. "What are you waiting for, child?"

"Cannot....breathe....help....me..." she stuttered, trying to find her words and catch her breath but the force was even harder. Unable to take it any longer, Tiffany collapsed on the dark ground and allowed the invisible force to stomp and press on her.

"Help..." was all she could manage to say. The lights never came on but she could feel long, clammy, and bony hands around her neck.. Someone in the dark was choking her and she had no means of fighting. All she did was cough and cough and try to inhale more air, only to have it choked out of her. 

"There is no escaping Tiffany." said the familiar voice. It was then that Tiffany realized that the man choking her was the same man who led her down here. "There is no running away from what you fear the most." he threatened. Tiffany tried to pull his strong hands away from her neck but is unable to. 

"GET OFF ME!!!" was all she could manage with what short breath she had. The more she struggled the tighter the grip became. How she was going to get out of this, she was unsure. 

[IN REALITY]

Tiffany had sleepwalked. She was already in the kitchen, having risen from her bed. Reaching for a knife, she raised it above her head and was about to stab herself.

[IN HER IMAGINATION]

The strength of Mr. Happy doubled. Tripled. It was more than what Tiffany could fight. As the choking got tighter, Tiffany felt her life slowly ebbing away from her through . A white and red mist came out of and into the gigantic Cheshire cat-esque grin that shone from the darkness. It didn't have to open its mouth to swallow her soul for it seeped right through.

He had snuffed the life out of Tiffany.

[IN REAL LIFE]

Tiffany had lowered the knife on her midriff and sliced right through, allowing blood to spew out. With a gash so deep that it could've touched her internal organs as well as massive blood loss, Tiffany fell on the floor. 

As she lay dead on the floor, a shadow of a man was plastered on her wall, staring at her approvingly, surrounded by a mist of red and white.