The "Happy" Place

Mr. Happy

As Tiffany allowed her imagination to finally get the better of her, she found herself still stuck in her room. She noticed however that her room seemed to have changed. The walls were deteriorating, from the beautiful peach that it was to a sight of paint peeling off the walls, slowly scratching out whatever color used to be there. The room seemed to have stretched a great few meters from the original state, eliciting interest in Tiffany. She got up from the bed and took on the long trail from her bed to the door which was wide open. As she slowly walked, she noticed and felt droplets coming from the overhead. She saw that the carpet was murky and heavy, filled with water. If it was water. 

"What the hell?" Tiffany seemed to have brought herself to a different place. She looked above her and saw that the water coming from above wasn't even water to start with. It was blood! It was human blood, fresh and warm from the insides of a once living person. This made Tiffany's heart race with both fear and fascination. 

"What brings you here, lovely darling?" came a voice from behind. Tiffany whipped around but saw no one.

"Too slow, little turtle." the voice teased. Tiffany tried to sound out the source of this deep, haunting voice. 

"I'm right here!" said the voice. The temperature in the room dropped to an all time low, penetrating through Tiffany's sweater. 

"Show yourself!" she demanded. Then, from a distance, a cloud started to form. It was a cloud of deep purple and grey, swirling around in front of her, taking the shape of a man. The man had a top hat, based on what the shadow was forming and seemed to be coming closer and closer to her. Straightening up, Tiffany decided not to move rather to wait for what he was going to do next.

"Just try and come closer, you motherer." Tiffany muttered under her breath when all of a sudden, the man's shadow appeared right behind her and placed both hands on her shoulders. Tiffany whipped around and saw him. That tall, sinewy, figure soon gave way to a face, something more corporeal.

"Who are you?" Tiffany asked, voice not rattling the littlest bit. He had on a top hat, one that Abraham Lincoln would've worn, a purple tweed suit that was paired by a white polo and a purple bowtie. He wore black slacks and black shoes that shone like a spotless,starless, moonless night. Tiffany looked him up and down, terror reigning over her body but bravery masquerading it.

"I...am your guide. Your guide to happiness." the sly smile turned into a menacing grin that revealed perfectly aligned, pearly white teeth. "I am Mr. Happy!" said the creepy old man. His hair was sticking out on either sides of his head, trapped by the hat. They were gray and wiry and Tiffany reckoned he must've been balding. His skin was cracking and dry, the kind people on their deathbed had. It scared Tiffany, but she was willing to follow him.

"Where are we going then? Show me happiness if it is as you say it is." Tiffany said. Mr. Happy grinned that evil grin and took her by the hand. Naturally whenever someone took Tiffany by the hand her initial reaction would be to pull away but this time, she found herself going with the flow, allowing him to take her where he wanted to.

"Just follow me. You won't get lost." he said as they took the long hallway down to a world Tiffany hadn't known before.

A world that existed only in the realms of her imagination.