FIVE

Baby Bargain

 

Five

 

Sandara looked down at her hands in her lap, embarrassed. She blamed the alcohol for it, for acting like a stupid woman earlier. For a sane woman, you just don’t throw yourself to any stranger you came across to because you needed come comfort. Needed a shoulder to lean on even just for a second. Now he might suspect that she’s crazy for something. You don’t encounter always had a hysterical crying woman beside your car, every night. Sandara is sure of that.

 

Now sitting beside this extremely handsome man inside his car after he had managed to stop her from crying and offered to seat inside his car while she calmed down. Offering his handkerchief again and hurried in the nearest convenient store to buy her some water to drink. But due to the alcohol she consumed, her mind is still clouded but much better that earlier.

 

“Thank you.. I-I uhh..” She said still looked away from him.

 

Seunghyun shifted on his seat. She’s more beautiful even in the dark, through the moonlight glow on her face. Even from crying so hard for hours and her swollen face, she’s still beautiful.

 

He didn’t know how long had he been staring at her, he didn’t know. She turned and caught him looking at her and she smiled at him a little. He released a calming breathe.

 

They looked at each other for a good minute before Sandara finally looked away. Reaching for the door and opened it. She glanced back at him and smiled the most sincere smile she could ever sport despite the hurt she felt inside.

 

“I’m sorry you had to see that earlier. Thanks though. I wouldn’t know what would happened if it wasn’t you who saw me, It could have been worst.” She said and was to go when she felt his large warm hands around her elbow.

 

“Wait.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Uhhh. You’re welcome. I-I.. You sure alright? I could drive you home.” Seunghyun said cursing himself to sound so pathetic. He couldn’t just take of letting her go yet. He hadn’t ask her name even, and hed been haunted by that beautiful face since the party. How lucky could he be to see her again? It’s just not the perfect scenario he could ever imagine.

 

He smiled when she turned to look at his face then to the hand on her elbow. He immediately let go. She returned his smile.

 

“I was drunk. But after crying hard for a good hour. I think I feel better than earlier and sobered up after that drama. So I’m fine. But I don’t think I could drive at this state, I’ll just call a cab. Thanks for everything though, really appreciate it. Goodbye. “ Sandara smiled, hoping he could see the sincerity on her eyes. She’d have enough for the night and don’t want to give the stranger more trouble.

 

 Seunghyun watch as she turned her back again to him and go. He sighed. When she was about a feet away from his car. He called out. Maybe this is fate, agreeing to the thought of settling down as what his father had ask him too.

 

“Wait! Miss! At least I could get to know your name?”

 

When she paused and turned around and smile at him she said. “Sandara. It’s Sandara Park.” She said and turn to continue to walk away from him.

 

Seunghyun closed his eyes as he memorized her beautiful face. “Sandara.” He whispered her name as a small smile tugged in his mouth.

 

 

***************

 

 

Sandara woke up the next day with a little pounding on her head. This is why she really doesn’t drink. She hated having a hangover. She groaned and rolled over to the cold space next to her. Oh. She missed to have someone beside you, to greet you GoodMorning and kiss you. To have someone to cuddle to, to speak to about your day at work. Now, Heechul was out of the picture too.  Tears threatened to fall from her eyes and she fought hard to push it back. Today, she didn’t have time to be emotional. To cry for the lost. Well, she had a clinic to call that there will no procedure happening this time that her only hope of having that child she wanted backed out the last minute.

 

Maybe she could find some other donor. She would as background information or something. Unlike to what her co-worker had told her, it was the husband himself to donate the to her wife, due to his low count that they couldn’t conceive naturally.  

 

She shook her head and moved to head to the bathroom and take a shower. A heavy breakfast and a hot chocolate would help too.

 

 

Seungyhun went down to his kitchen for his breakfast and found it empty. He roamed the whole house and found it surprisingly peaceful. He bet those four monsters were still dead to the earth. Besides, aside from trashing his whole house last night, they had stayed late until early morning which he’ll be dead to his sisters when they had found out he allowed the kids to stay that late, watching movies and played video games.

 

“Maria?” He called his help he hired. Well, for a place as big as his house. He wanted to have someone to watch it while he was working or even traveling around the world. A busy man like him didn’t have time for laundry and even cook neither breakfast nor dinner. Maria had been a great help for him for years.

 

“!” Seunghyun cursed. How can he forget? Maria had ask him last night if she could take her day off today? And he had agreed for it because he let stay late last night because of waiting for him, watching the kids while he hadn’t arrive yet.

 

That’s why he hadn’t waked up to the usual delicious smell of food she cooks for him every day. Damn. How could he feed these four monsters now? Maybe he could bring them to eat outside then. Besides, he would only burn his whole house if he touches anything that has to go with cooking stuff. He’s never been good with that task. Well, he had learned his lessons when he was still a teenager.

 

When he headed upstairs the room, the boys usually use when they stay with him were already loud, them talking and watching television inside. He sighed. Why had he even agreed to this? 4 crazy monsters with the age of 15, 10, 7 and 6 to messed up his weekend. But true to be told, he enjoyed their company even for once in a while. He loves his sisters kids to pieces.

 

He knocked and didn’t wait for them to answer and invited himself in. God! The room is a disaster. He shook his head. He clapped his hands, calling out their attention.

 

“Alright! Everyone. Up and shower. Apparently, Maria isn’t here for us to cook today. So we’re eating out. Hurry up cause I’m starving.” He announced and meets the scowls of his nephews but received a huge grin from the youngest of the group.

 

“Yaaay! Can I have burger and fries, Uncle Hyun? Please?” Hanbin asked, clasping his both hands together, sporting his puppy dog eyes he learned from his brother to charm everyone to get what he wants.

 

Seunghyun shook his head, chuckling. He ruffled his hair. “Yes but don’t let your momma know I let you. She’ll kick my . “He said which earn him a giggle from the youngest.

 

Hanbin ran to the bathroom, excited to eat his burger and fries for breakfast while the other rolled their eyes at him. “I’ll just stay here. Bring me some when you came back. “ Seungri, the oldest called out turning back to watch the game at the television when the two other kids started to pick up their clothes to change. Seunghyun ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. Kids these days.

 

“No. Your mom will kill me if she heard I left you here alone. We are all eating out. This conversation is done so get your little up and move.” He said firmly. Raising an eyebrow when Seungri turned and glared at him. Glaring back, Seunghyun wouldn’t let his little nephew intimidate him.

 

As the oldest, Seungri was more like a brother or a friend to him, though it suited him fine. He always limits it and wanted them all to respect him. It was his fault to spoil them rotten when they were in his care and end up being scolded by his older sister for consenting them.

 

Finally, Seungri gave up and stood up from his bed and went to his towel and shower from the other room. He smiled.

 

It was almost 9 in the morning when the boys head out for breakfast and end up to the mall afterwards. Exhausting themselves at the GameZone, playing video games and rides.

 

Seunghyun was giving his nephew swimming lessons when his sisters arrived the next day. Brought some groceries and made lunch until it was time to go. Leaving him in his empty villa, alone again.