B.O.F. (Boys Over Fangirl)

The Flower Boy Theory

"If she's poor, then why is her skin so great? Why is she so pretty?"

"So the four guys will fall in love with her, duh." Baekhyun answered Jongin, eyes still glued to the screen.

Taeyeon smiled as she watched Geum Jan-di get surrounded by the paparazzi. Ten minutes into the first episode and already they were drawing conclusions. 'Oh, i bet she'll fall in love with that suicidal guy.' 'Maybe he'll reward her with money for saving his life.' 'No, no, he'll be the one to fall for her first.' 'Is he even significant to the story? We didn't get a name.'

Pfft, amateurs.

But at least they stayed true to their promise; not a single complaint. They even laughed at some scenes (Ha! She wants her thirty bucks, dude. Pay before you jump) 

"Oh, oh! She's gonna get transferred to that school!" Luhan exclaimed, excitement evident in his voice. Taeyeon chuckled and shook her head—guys liked dramas, who knew?

She bounced in her seat as Jan-di wandered around the school on screen. She knew what was coming. Then, the sound of a violin could be heard, and she bit her lip, trying not to spazz in front of the guys. She watched as Jandi walked towards it's source. Almost there...

There he was, Yoon Ji-hoo, in all his white-suited and violin-playing perfection. 

'So dreamy'

"Ah, I take back what I said. She'll fall in love with that guy." Baekhyun said matter-of-factly.

"Nah, I still think that suicidal guy is the one. He just seems like a random violinist. Seriously, does he even go to that school?" Kyungsoo replied as he grabbed another slice of pizza (they ordered three more boxes).

Luhan threw popcorn at them. "Shh, guys, shut up. F4's making their grand entrance." 

Squealing could be heard—if it was from her or the girls on TV, Taeyeon didn't know—as the beautiful flower boys of her dreams strut in, all slo-mo and whatnot. The backlighting only added to the overall angel look they had going on.

"He's the leader?" Jongin asked as Jun-pyo poured juice all over one of his minions. "What's with his hair? It looks so...ugly."

Taeyeon stared at Jongin with wide eyes, completely speechless. How could he even say that?! Jun-pyo was THE flower boy. His hair was the hair overlord!

"I know, there's no way Jan-whoever would fall in love with him." Baekhyun added, making a face. Everyone else agreed.

This was going to be a long day.

•••

"Hey, Taeyeon?"

"Hmm?"

"What do you call wanting two people to be together?" Luhan asked with innocent doe eyes.

"You call it shipping. The pairing is a ship." 

"Oh, okay then," he looked back at the screen with a smile. "Then I ship Jan-di with Ji-hoo."

She very nearly choked on her popcorn.

•••

"Oh nooo, Ji-hoo already has someone else." 

"But she lives abroad, right? There's still hope for them! There's still hope for our ship, Baek!"

"You're right," Baekhyun nodded with a straight face. "They can still make it work."

Taeyeon chuckled at the two. Luhan and Baekhyun were even worse than her, and that was saying something.

•••

"'That chick's totally into me?' She just kicked your face!" Jongin yelled at the TV, arms gesturing widly.

"Only a complete idiot could come up with that kind of conclusion." Luhan rolled his eyes. Clearly, he did not like Gu Jun-pyo.

"I don't know, I kinda ship it."

Everyone looked at Kyungsoo in shock. Baekhyun pointed at him with a shaking finger. "Disowned. We're disowning you. Feel free to leave with your ship."

•••

Luhan threw his hands up. "Gah! Now I don't know who I'm rooting for." 

"You see? Jun-pyo really does like her. The way he looks at Jan-di when she's drunk—that's love right there." Kyungsoo aka the first JP-JD shipper, said pointedly.

"And Ji-hoo obviously still likes that model chick." Jongin added.

Luhan nodded, thinking long and hard. Meanwhile, Baekhyun was muttering curses under his breath. 

"Traitor."

•••

"Ha! Ji-hoo was the one who saved her! Not Jun-pyo!" Baekhyun yelled triumphantly, a fist shooting in the air.

"He couldn't swim!"

"Nope, sorry, can't hear you over the sound of my ship sailing!"

•••

"Wait, what? Jan-di's best friend and that second least popular member of F4...together?" Jongin asked, his face mirroring his confusion.

"I'm not sure what I feel about that." Kyungsoo eyed the moment between the two.

"I totally saw that coming." 

All eyes turned to Sehun. The first time he speaks since they started, and it's for the minor pairing?

"You're OTP's weird." 

 Sehun only shrugged.

•••

The moment you come to my side,
I love that look in your eye.
Yesterday I cried, but because of you today,
I’ll be happy tomorrow.

Taeyeon sniffed; this scene got her every time. The way Jan-di sings with her voice shaking and with tears in her eyes as she tries to finish the song—it was just so heartbreaking.

Her eyes widened as she heard a sob from beside her.

She looked at Sehun who had on his usual poker-face, except his lips were shaking. Was he...? Taeyeon turned to Kyungsoo, who was staring at the pillow on his lap, face turned away from her. 'No way...'

Luhan and Baekhyun were still staring at the screen, eyes shining. Were those tears? They were both clutching their pillows tightly, their knuckles turning white.

Jongin cleared his throat. "I-I think I better get some tissue. For Taeyeon." A chorus of manly 'yeah's' was heard as he paused the drama.

Before Taeyeon could face him, he was already up and heading out of the room, hand quickly wiping something from his face. Were they actually..?

"Hey Taeyeon, you alright?" Luhan asked, eyes still focused on Jan-di's tear-streaked face.

"Yeah, I am. You?"

She heard him sniff, "Never been better."

•••

"Whaaat?!" Baekhyun shrieked. "He has amnesia?!"

"No. No! They were supposed to be endgame!" Kyungsoo angrily munched on the last piece of pizza.

"Guys, relax! We probably still have, like, ten episodes left, right Taeyeon?" They all turned to her with hope in their eyes.

"Actually, that's the second-to-the-last episode..."

All hell broke loose.

•••

"Yes! I knew it! I knew they would end up together!" 

"So, did they get married or what?"

Taeyeon laughed at them. It was already past midnight, but everyone was still so hyped up. She honestly didn't expect them to like it, but wow, expectations versus reality. Luhan, Kyungsoo, and Jongin were happy that their ship ended up together; Baekhyun pretended to be upset, but everyone knew he turned into a JP-JD shipper half-way into the drama; and Sehun got his wish: his OTP was hinted to be endgame.

While Taeyeon...she was just happy she got to share this moment with them.

Slowly, the vibe around them dimmed and they fell asleep one by one.

Taeyeon stood up gingerly, lifting Sehun's head—which somehow fell on her shoulder—and placing it on the edge of the couch. Then she placed Kyungsoo's head—which, too, fell on her shoulder, unconsciously nuzzling her neck—on the other end.

She tiptoed her way around the sleeping figures of Luhan and Baekhyun (who were cutely leaning against each other) and slipped by Jongin who was hunched over the coffee table, head on top of crossed arms.

Taeyeon grabbed some blankets from her room and decided to take her polaroid camera at the last minute. Moments like this ought to be captured.

After eveything was set, she held up a peace sign, "Kimchi!'


So I decided to cut this chapter into little snippets. ehue

This chapter's very...crack-ish, don't ya think?