Stranger and Stranger

The Flower Boy Theory

They definitely did more than just talk.

First of all, the guys would make little hurt noises whenever they did just the tiniest bit of physical activity. Take Baekhyun, who offered to set the table but kept making noises (like a puppy being kicked) whenever he tried to reach for the plates. Sehun tried to help with the groceries, but he nearly dropped them onto the floor before he could even lift it completely off the counter (Taeyeon carried those all the way to the car without breaking a sweat.) Everyone seemed tired, even the always hyper Jongin who, she realised, was somewhat avoiding her.

That was the second thing—they acted differently around Taeyeon. Kyungsoo and Luhan, who were usually the first ones to volunteer whenever she needed help, just kept sending unsure glances her way. Baekhyun and Sehun seemed to have taken their places, always being around to assist her from the moment they all gathered together, which they never did! She even noticed that there was this air of tension around the two, like they were in some kind of competition (which was impossible, because the Sehun she knew couldn't care less about stuff like that).

Then there was Jongin.

Jessica must've said something, something scary enough to make him not himself. What happened to playboy Jongin—innuendos, pick up lines, smirks and all? He hasn't spoken a word to her since they gathered at the living room, waiting for Jessica and Kyungsoo to finish cooking. He talked to Sehun and Luhan and Baekhyun, but not her.

'What in the world has Jessica done to my boys?' Taeyeon tried to think of a logical way to fix things. To get all five of them back to normal.

She had nothing. Zilch.

Just then, Kyungsoo peeked in, "We're done now."

Taeyeon snapped her head back in surprise. "You spoke!" She pointed a shaky finger at him. "You know what this means, right Kyungsoo? You have to eat whatever Jongin cooks! You've forfeit the dare!"

Kyungsoo broke eye contact and turned away, "Oh. Well yeah, I guess I have to." There was no surprise or disgust in his voice. It was completely monotone, like he had expected it, like he had accepted it. And who could accept Jongin's cooking? Even people with no tastebuds would tear up! Taeyeon frowned—Kyungsoo was reverting back to his mysterious self and this time, she didn't like it.

So she decided to try her luck on Jongin, "Looks like you have to cook. Should we have the fire department ready? And maybe an ambulance, too?" She joked, only to get a half-smile in return. Not even that infamous smirk of his, but just an awkward, i-dont-know-how-to-respond half-smile. Taeyeon was about to go crazy. 'I have to talk to Jessica about this.'

She rushed to the dining room, intent on confronting her best friend, when Baekhyun blocked her path. "What the—Baekhyun?!"

He charmingly smiled down at her—the kind of smile that got her face red—and stared hard into her eyes. She noticed he wasn't wearing his glasses. "Heeey," he started, one arm on the wall. "I was just wondering if I could ask you an important question."

Without his glasses covering his eyes, Taeyeon realised just how pretty they were. 'He should've stopped wearing them a long time ago. . .' She stopped that particular train of thought from going any further—there was a chance that Jessica was behind this, too—and narrowed her eyes. "How important is it?"

"Really, really important. Super important."

Taeyeon took a quick peek over his shoulder; Jessica had her back on them. She sighed and looked back at Baekhyun, "What is it?"

"If the the two of us were on a rapidly sinking ship and you only had one more life jacket to give, who would you save?"

"What." Taeyeon deadpanned. "That's the super important question you were talking about?"

"Yes."

She shook her head, 'I swear these boys have gone mad.' Seeing as he wasn't going to let her through without an answer, Taeyeon gave in, "Well I'd save you, of course."

Baekhyun broke into a grin—the kind of flower boy grin that caught her off guard. He looked like a little boy finally getting the puppy he wanted for Christmas. In this case, she was the puppy. "Yes! You picked me over Sehun!"

"Who said anything about Se—"

"Go me! Go me!" He sang, completely ignoring Taeyeon and the aforementioned boy who was glaring at him from the kitchen. He was so happy she picked him that, although she still didn't get it, Taeyeon found it endearing. 

Suddenly she felt herself being lifted off the ground and spun around. "H-Hey!" Taeyeon screamed in between giggles. "Put me down!" Was this really Baekhyun? Her Baekhyun, the one who practically oozed awkwardness a day ago? Just what had gotten into him?

They stopped abruptly, and only when her head had stopped spinning did she notice Luhan there. His hand was on Baekhyun's shoulder; his grip looked firm. "We don't want her to get sick before lunch."

Slowly—hesitantly?—Baekhyun let her go. Luhan still had a grip on him and his eyes were hard, as hard as his doe eyes could get. There was something about him—the way he talked and the way he stared—that made him seem so...so...manly (and in a very good way, she might add). Gone was puppy Luhan; in his place was a wolf.

Taeyeon immediately knew who to blame, "Jessi." 

She stepped away from the two guys and searched for her best friend. She found her leaning on the counter, eyes on Baekhyun and Luhan, looking suspiciously impressed and satisfied. Taeyeon could tell she was trying not to smirk.

"You seem quite proud of yourself," she said.

Jessica didn't take her eyes off the two, "Of course I am," she held a plate up to Taeyeon's nose, "Who wouldn't be? This is the best dish I've ever made."

"You know that wasn't what I was talking about," Taeyeon replied seriously, but smiled nonetheless. Jessica was as witty as she was scary. 

"Well whatever it is, we can talk about that later," Jessica gingerly placed her 'masterpiece' on the table and clapped her hands. "For now, we eat."

And so she was given no choice but to wait. She was about to sit down when Sehun wordlessly stepped in and pulled back her chair. 'Okay, now things are definitely getting strange.' She stared at him with what she hoped was her best wtf-are-you-doing face. It wasn't that Sehun wasn't nice, he was just about as nice as everyone, but him doing that? He went pass just nice and strut his stuff all the way to gentleman.

And boy if that wasn't such a turn on (who doesn't like a gentleman?)

She mentally slapped herself. 'Dammit, Taeyeon, control yourself. They're just experiencing a Sicapocalypse hangover; they're still the flatmates you know and love. Pretty soon things will get back to normal. They'll be back to being their goofy, flower boy selves; playing video games, eating pizza, teasing you...walking around the flat in their boxers because they forgot they had a girl flatmate...showing off their sculpted, amazing bodies that make you go hubba hubba...and...and...what was I thinking about?'

Sehun's sigh brought her back to reality. "Huh? What?" She felt his hand gently push her down to the chair before he sat beside her as if everything was perfectly normal. 

Except things weren't normal. Things were very, very far from normal.

Sehun continued the whole gentleman thing throughout lunch; putting food on her plate, refilling her glass—basically acting like her boyfriend. Taeyeon could only mutter  quick thank you's.

"Do you want more spaghetti?" She shook her head. "How about some more juice?"

"I didn't know we hired a waiter for today," Baekhyun joked (although she had a feeling it wasn't one.) "Should we pay you by the hour or. . .?"

Sehun must've not heard him for he kept his focus on Taeyeon. She noticed, however, that he—for lack of a better word—slammed Kimchi Spaghetti onto her plate. Taeyeon stared pityingly at the chunks splattered all over the table. 'Rest in peace, you beautiful dish.' Baekhyun tried to wipe it, but winced as he stretched his arm. 

Beside her, Sehun scoffed. "That's what you get for lifting things you can't and shouldn't lift."

"What did you say?"

There was a glint in Baekhyun's eyes. Taeyeon knew that if she didn't step in anytime soon, things would get ugly. She glanced around, trying to think of something, anything, to defuse the mounting tension in the room. Jessica was too busy enjoying everything to help; she couldn't joke around with Jongin because he was still acting weird; Kyungsoo refused to meet her eyes; and Lord knows she couldn't handle manly Luhan right now.

For the second time that day, Taeyeon came up with nothing. "Crap."


Fight fight fight! haha

Okay, so I have to confess that I was a tiiiny bit inspired by the old rumours of Baekhyun and Sehun fighting over Taeyeon (doesn't mean I believe them tho) when I wrote that last scene ehehehe

Please please please comment below your insights or whatnots about this chapter (because unlike the previous one, I really had fun writing this! sorry if it's a bit short tho)

And oh yeah, about that surprise I mentioned last time (if you've been reading my a/n's), I'm having some trouble with it so—and I realise it wouldn't be a surprise anymore but meh—kindly answer this poll for a bonus chapter~
 

and I know that some of you are Jongin fans (curse aff for only putting 4 options!) so just comment below if you want it from his POV :)