Red Letter Day

Crack The Eggs

"Hyunsik hyung, are you sure about this?" Sungjae asks and looks at his friend with deep regret and a slicing glare of anxiety. His heart is excruciatingly pounding for his hyung and Hyunsik's pacing isn't much of a help at all.

"I just have to give this letter, right? Oh, god, I am so nervous." Hyunsik crouches down on the floor in a really abrupt manner, covering his face through the red envelope that he's holding.

"Who does letters anyway? No one uses those things. We have SNS now, you know." Minhyuk childishly complains from his bunk as he greedily searches and reads an article about "How to Tell a Girl You Like Her".

"But, hyung, the romance is long gone before she even finishes reading the message if it's sent through SNS. And besides, Ilhoon hyung made some real cool poetry for Hyunsik hyung." The maknae gives Ilhoon a thumbs-up and hastily motions for Hyunsik to do well in his confession. Changsub half walks and half crawls to their living room with a blanket around his shoulders and his yawn blares throughout the room.

"I'll sing 2nd Confession for you if this fails," the sleep zombie mumbles as his medium frame slides down the cold floor, rolling to wrap the blanket to his body.

"You're not helping, guys. Seriously not helping." Hyunsik says pensively against the red scented envelope on his lips, looks at the clock comically plastered on their not so pristine wall and quickly stands up to collect his jacket in their clothes' room. Everyone screams fighting at the top of their lungs when he shakily puts on his shoes.

"Oh, Hyunsik, I already brought the flowers at the back seat. Go grab her heart!" Changsub dutifully reminds with a sober grin.

"I also sent the giant teddy bear to her house already. It's cute and fluffy, my source says." Sungjae says, slicing the mangoes at the table.

"Thanks, guys. You're really the best!" Hyunsik gives them a wave and goes to the car to drive off. When he arrives at the house of the girl he likes, he is taken aback by the huge cage at the yard. Inside the steel box lies a snoring giant bear and he mentally strangles the maknae for such an abominable mistake. He, then, reaches for the flowers at the back seat and his patience is being put up to the test when his anxious fingers meet a clay pot. A flower plant quietly waits for him in the back seat and Hyunsik almost smacks his head on the steering wheel. The dead images of Changsub and Sungjae suddenly leave his mind when his phone rings. He furiously picks it up and taps it on.

"Yes." Hyunsik growls through the handset.

"How's it going, hyung? Did she say she likes you, too?" Sungjae excitedly bombards him with questions.

Hyunsik hits his forehead on the dashboard, instead.