Our Little Infinity

Crack The Eggs

Sungjae has never been to Minhyuk's house. So when Christmas reels in and Minhyuk's family invites all the members, Sungjae gets electrified with excitement.

When they arrive at the house, the maknae is greeted by a very cute Hamo, a smart and energetic white dog of Lee Minhyuk.

Minhyuk boasts that Hamo knows many tricks as he shows them how he makes the dog sit or stand or even play dead with one-word orders and a single wave of his hand.

And in that moment, Sungjae swears he has fallen in love. They spend a day and a night in the Lee residence and sleeping in the living room is the maknae who's fallen madly deeply in love with Hamo.

The next morning, the day of their departure, Sungjae can't help but get emotional. He just can't leave Hamo in that place. That's when he decides to get married.

"Sungjae, you can't marry my dog!" Minhyuk nags at him with a frown as deep as the Pacific Ocean while they put on their shoes at the doorway. Hamo wiggles his tail and scrunches his nose at the smell of Sungjae's boots.

"It's our destiny, hyung. How dare you ruin our fate!" Sungjae replies with a face filled with aghast, the horror oozing out from his eyes.

"I am not ruining your fate! I am just destroying your delusional state of mind!" The older firmly tells him as he glares at him. "Now, say goodbye to Hamo if you still want to see him next time."

Sungjae nods defeatedly and kneels down to stare at Hamo's angelic face. His heart plummets back and forth through his chest as the sadness and pain punch him like metal fists. A tear trickles down his left cheek, the agony overpowering him.

"My love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I am grateful." Sungjae whispers as a sob hitches in his throat.

Peniel gasps behind the maknae, his iPad falling from his hands. He looks at Sungjae and then at Hamo, bites his lower lip and smiles sadly. He is not a fool to not recognize the line for he has been re-reading and re-reading The Fault in our Stars during their break.

Well, Sungjae has been reading behind him all this time.