Bungee Jumping

Crack The Eggs

"I'll just be the one to shoot Diary while all of you are jumping." Ilhoon quietly asserts as their car finally screeches to a stop at the venue of their bungee jumping adventure.

"Changsub is still scared about it." Minhyuk tells him, patting the back of the boy beside him. "It's alright. I know you can do it. Be a man."

"There's no man in me when we talk of going to high places, hyung," Changsub heaves a sigh filled with anxiety and nervousness. His heart slams on his rib cage, ready to pop out of his chest any moment and they're not even off the car yet.

The members ride the elevator up the tower and prepare themselves for the biggest jumps of their lives. Meanwhile, on the corner of the elevator stands Lee Changsub and Jung Ilhoon, with the latter enthusiastically filming the former.

"Hyung is so nervous!" Ilhoon taunts and zooms the camera more into Changsub's worried face. "You must do this. The producers said that there's got to be at least six of us and I'm never gonna do it so you should lay off the coffee because I am the one getting nervous for you might faint any moment now."

The bell of the elevator rings throughout the small square of space and they soon huddle out to have their registrations. One by one, they sign their names while Changsub and Ilhoon remain frozen in their places.

"Jongwon hyung," Changsub suddenly says. Everyone on the platform look at him with the element of surprise plastered on their pale faces. 

Then, he treads slowly to the table where the registration papers rest. "Ah, I don't know anymore!"

And with that, he blindly writes his life away for the sake of Jung Ilhoon. He goes to Minhyuk and lets the older boy hug him tightly.

"It's alright. You're Changstrike, right? Go strike that. It seems hard but you can do it." Minhyuk tells him as he ruffles Changsub's hair.

"He's right, hyung! I'll be right behind you, okay?" Peniel says and Sungjae claps beside him with a nod.

The rays of the sun hit Minhyuk, the first jumper, and his legs quiver a bit because of both the excitement and the fear. He automatically jumps after the count of five and his lungs burst with happy freedom and the air of the seaside. Next comes Sungjae and Hyunsik jumps third, leaving the ever-anxious Changsub in line to jump after.

"Can you jump?" Jongwon, their manager, asks him for the umpteenth time in their short stay at the tower's platform.

"Even though I am not going to jump, hyung is." Ilhoon once again focuses the video camera to his hyung.

"I'm so scared! What if I die of shock here?"

"No one dies of shock, hyung."

"Shall I dance Shock for you?" Jongwon asks teasingly and his shoulders shake a bit from his suppressed laughter.

"Can you both wait? I am trying to calm down!"

"I'll jump now." Peniel declares from their back, trudging to the edge of the platform. He jumps without hesitation and Eunkwang does the exact opposite of it right after him. His legs feel like they're not his own, as if he's possesed by a spider. 

In the interim, Changsub stands still at the corner, undecided and weighing the unlimited chances of actually dying before, during and after the jump. Ilhoon suddenly taps his shoulder and when the older boy finally looks back at the younger, he sees Ilhoon pursing his lips, chapped due to the strong gush of wind.

"What now, Ilhoon?" Changsub snaps, almost glaring at the other.

"You really can't jump, right?"

"You called my attention to shove that into my face?"

"No. I'll jump for you, hyung." Ilhoon states quietly, the fear radiating from him like the sun's rays. Then, he looks at his hyung with a bright smile. "I'm BTOB's angel, anyway. I can fly."

"Y-you don't have to do this." Changsub mechanically shakes his head for awhile, stares blankly at the floor as his brain processes what Ilhoon has said.

"I will for you, hyung. I always will." 

And with that, Ilhoon jumps whole-heartedly and bravely.