Untitled, 2021

Ups and Downs (One-Shot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Italicized words/phrase are either thoughts or flashbacks. 

 

 

 

untitled, 2021

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong groaned and stretched his limbs as he slowly opened his eyes, squinting it in the process as rays of sunshine escaped through the heavy curtains covering the windowpane. He turned to his side and furrowed his brows when his hands met an empty space.

 

 

 

He stretched his arm towards his bedside table and reached for his phone.

 

 

 

10:43 AM.

 

 

 

It was late, for him anyways. He rubbed his hands on his eyes and released another yawn before slowly dragging himself out of the comfortable bed that he is in.

 

 

 

Yesterday had been hectic. To say he was tired would be an understatement. He was at YG the whole day yesterday and he had been locked inside his recording studio. With BigBang’s upcoming comeback and his pending solo album, Jiyong’s schedule was jam packed.

 

 

 

If it had not been for his wife calling him, he would probably be still at YG buried in music sheets.

 

 

 

Wife.

 

 

 

Jiyong thought with a giddy smile. He still can’t wrap his head around the fact that he is married.

 

 

 

 

Finally. He thought.

 

 

 

 

It wasn’t easy at first. Not everyone was happy when he announced that he will be getting married. But he couldn’t care less. He was just so happy to finally marry the woman of his dreams, his muse.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Marry me?”

 

 

 

Dara furrowed her brows in confusion.

 

 

 

She had just woken up from a deep slumber, her mind still clouded with sleep. The first thing that her eyes saw was a beautiful ring enclosed in a red velvet box, and Jiyong was offering it up to her while he was kneeling down beside her still lying form.

 

 

 

“J..Jiyong?”

 

 

 

“Will you marry me, Dara?” Jiyong had to ask again.

 

 

 

Dara, still confused as to what was happening, sleepily yawned and pushed herself off their bed and kneeled in front of her boyfriend.

 

 

 

“Marry me, please?..” he begged, getting nervous as he wasn’t getting the answer he wanted from her.

 

 

 

“I……” Dara hesitated. “Yah! Kwon Jiyong, what are you up to?”

 

 

 

“Will you marry me, baby?” Jiyong asked for the nth time, his eyes pleading as his heart thundered inside his chest.

 

 

 

“Are you serious right now?” Dara mumbled under her breath.

 

 

 

“As serious as I’ll ever be, babe.”

 

 

 

Dara started feeling nervous. Suddenly realizing that Jiyong was dead serious and he was proposing to her right this instant, in the comforts of Jiyong’s penthouse, with her just wearing his oversized white shirt and nothing else.

 

 

 

“I…..”

 

 

 

“I love you,” Jiyong declared as he bent down and kissed her, “I’ve been loving you for half of my life that I wouldn’t know how to stop. Not that I have any plans, though.”

 

 

 

“Are you really serious right now, Ji?” She had to ask again although she already know his answer.

 

 

 

For the longevity of their relationship, they already talked about marriage. It was their end game. Them being married to each other. But for the life of Dara, she just can’t comprehend why Jiyong was proposing to her at this instant, they had just woken up for goodness’ sake.

 

 

 

“Aigoo, Kwon Jiyong…,” Dara mumbled as she glanced at the ring and then at Jiyong. Her smile widening. Her decision made.

 

 

 

“So?...”

 

 

 

“Hmmm, let me think about it,” Dara teased. She already knew her answer. It really wasn’t a hard decision for her. It’s always a yes with him, no questions asked.

 

 

 

“Yah! Sandara Park!” Jiyong exclaimed as he ruffled his hair to hide a little bit of nervousness he’s feeling, his mind spinning rapidly to come up with a Plan B in case she says no.

 

 

 

“Hmmm,” Dara hummed as she looked at Jiyong with all the love shining in her eyes. “That would be Sandara Kwon soon, right?”

 

 

 

Jiyong’s eyes widened with what he heard. Dara said yes. To his marriage proposal. She said yes. Right?

 

 

 

“That was a yes, right?” he had to clarify but even before Dara could answer, Jiyong was already slipping the ring on her finger, not letting her change her mind even for just a second.

 

 

 

Dara all but jumped into Jiyong’s arm as soon as the ring was on her finger, and the latter staggered back and they both tumbled back into their bed, with Dara being on top of him.

 

 

 

“I can’t wait to start forever with you, Jiyong,” Dara said as she dipped her head and kissed her fiancé.

 

 

 

Oh gosh, Dara mused to herself. Jiyong is her fiancé.

 

 

 

“Dara, our forever already started when we first said our ‘hellos’,” Jiyong replied with a smirk and kissed her once more before she could even reply.

 

 

 

And on the same day, Dara and Jiyong decided that it was time that they reveal the truth behind them. On their own terms. In their own time.

 

 

xxxibgdrgn posted a photo in Instagram.

 

 

 

It was of him and Dara taken just minutes ago, both are looking at each other, a satisfied smile plastered on both their faces. Dara’s hand was lovingly resting on his face, the ring on her finger spoke volumes.

 

 

 

With the caption saying, ‘She said yes!’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He needed to find his wife.

 

 

Jiyong slid a white shirt over his head and padded his way out their bedroom to find his missing wife. And it didn’t take him long to spot her. He descended the stairs with a beaming smile plastered on his face, contented with what he’s seeing right now.

 

 

 

“Aigoo,” Dara mused as she scooped another mashed carrot and tried to feed the little bundle of joy in front of her, but Soo min just clapped her hands and shook her head while letting out a laugh that Jiyong and Dara adores.

 

 

 

Dara was trying to feed her daughter, but she was failing miserably.

 

 

 

The mother and daughter duo were in the middle of the dining area. The nine-month-old was sitting in her feeding chair, her chubby legs merrily swinging back and forth as she kept dodging the food her mother is trying to feed her.

 

 

 

Jiyong stopped for a moment and just stared at his girls. That sounded so right, his girls. He will never get tired of this sight, he thought to himself. He leaned his back onto the wall and decided to just savor this moment first, etching this memory into his brain. He had been dreaming for this for the longest time and he just can’t believe that it’s really happening. That this is his reality.

 

 

 

“Aigoo, look at the mess we’ve made, Soo min-ah,” Dara commented softly as she wiped some of the orange goo off of the baby girl’s cheek.

 

 

 

Soo min giggled softly and clapped her chubby, little hands once more which Dara found so adorable that she had to plant a kiss on her soft, plump cheeks.

 

 

 

Dara’s back was facing him but Jiyong could swear that Dara was trying so hard to restrain herself from pinching her daughter’s cheeks. He understands the feeling, though. Not to be biased, but Soo mi is the cutest baby ever.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter