XII

Fairytale Love: The Little Mermaid
CHAPTER XII
 
 
Eunji stretched her body as she sat up the bed. She pushed the curtain of the window at the side of her bed and the sun rays instantly filled the room. She moved her body and kneel on the bed so she could have more force in opening the window. She like the morning breeze coming from the sea. It's not too hot but just cool enough to relax her. 
 
She glanced at the clock and saw that it was near 6 o' clock. It was her off today and she could sleep more but her body was used to waking up early so she decided not to sleep any further. 
 
After inhaling some more fresh air she went down her bed and took a shower. After dressing up in her casual clothes, she already went down to the cafe. 
 
"Good morning--ooh, a piano?" she curiously asked to no one on particular as she saw a piano at the corner of the cafe. The cafe was still closed but the boys were already there. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were even busy cleaning the piano and decorating the corner.
 
"Morning Eunji" Chorong then greeted, with a bunch of freshly picked daisies from the back garden in her hands. Following her was Junmyeon who had a clean vase and a pink cloth in his hands. 
 
"Hey Ji" Junmyeon greeted. Eunji greeted the couple back, still looking puzzled with the new things she was seeing at the cafe. 
 
"Unni, where did the piano came from?" she asked as she followed the two to a table. Chorong started to cut the stem of the daisies and arranged them prettily at the vase.
 
"Ah. It's from Junmyeon's family's old house. It's being occupied by some relatives so they're taking away some stuff. That piano is special to him so he decided to bring it in" Chorong explained
 
"Oppa plays the piano?"
 
"Yeah. And Baekhyun too. You know, they grew up together"
 
"Ah" Eunji nodded
 
"Their old house is not that far from here, and it's beautiful over there. I'll be going there later pick up some more stuff, wanna come with me?"  Chorong asked
 
"Really? I can come?"
 
"Sure you can. Oh by the way, will you really go out with Inguk?" Chorong asked and Eunji nodded
 
"Yeah unni. I really think that he's nice"
 
"Okay, but remember to be careful okay?" She reminded the younger as she headed to the corner where the piano is. She put the vase on top of the cloth that Junmyeon placed on the top of the piano.
 
 
 

 
 
"Take care of here okay? See you later" Chorong told Jumyeon and Baekhyun. They were at the garage at the back of the cafe. Chorong went to the driver seat of the car and waved at them. Eunji also said goodbye to the two boys from inside the car. She smiled brightly at them, as always, and Junmyeon happily returned a smile but Baekhyun-- well he is Baekhyun so he smiled at Chorong but not to Eunji, and without a word he headed back inside the cafe. He was still annoyed by he fact that Eunji didn't listen to him.
 
"Don't mind him" Junmyeon said "Ah, Chorong ah, I'm sorry if I can't accompany you" he regretfully said because supposedly he's the one to get the stuff from their house. But he needs to be at the cafe.
 
"It's okay. At least Eunji and I get a bonding time" she said and they shared a short peck on the lips as their goodbye-- to which Eunji react overly by covering her eyes while gasping.
 
"I didn't saw it" she said but still peek from the gaps of her fingers
 
The couple just chuckled. Junmyeon step away and opened the gates that heads to the road and Chorong started driving.
 
 
After driving a couple of blocks away Chorong slowed and told Eunji the name of the places. "That's where the night market take place"
 
"Oh. It's not that far from the cafe"
 
"Yeah, want me to drive you later?"
 
"Don't worry unni, I'll just walk"
 
"If you say so" Chorong said and continued driving. Soon enough they stopped in front of an old and large house. Chorong honked and an old man came out, must be the caretaker. He opened the gates for them and Chorong drive in. There's a round driveway with a fountain at the center. Chorong stopped the car in front of the house.
 
"Let's go" Chorong said ang got out of the car and Eunji followed. 
 
Eunji was amazed by the size of the house. They were in the living room and Eunji observed the surroundings. There's a large fireplace and above was a hanged portrait of a family. It was too old, maybe it was Jumyeon's grandparents. There's a large window on the left with curtains that looked from years ago, but the elegance was still evident. to the right was a grand staircase leading to the second floor and a doorway that leads somewhere. There's a sofa set at the center covered with white sheets. 
 
There were a lot of boxes on the floor and Eunji saw some names written on it. There were two medium sized boxes at the front with a 'Kim Junmyeon' written sloppily at the sides. Behind those were more boxes with names like 'Kim Dongil' and 'Kim Jongdae' and a box with a 'Byun Baekhyun' at the side.
 
"Unni, why does Baekhyun have box named to him here?" she asked Chorong who just came back from the second floor, she's now carrying a bag with her. Meanwhile the old man started to carry one of Junmyeon's boxes.
 
"I told you they grew up together, so Baekhyun also have his things in here. But as I know, all of that were just their toys from before" Chorong explained and carried another box. "Can you help me with Baekhyun's box?" she asked and Eunji nodded.
 
After bringing the boxes to the car, Chorong invited Eunji to tour the house. She said that it was okay since Junmyeon gave her the permission. She just loves the creep atmosphere of the old house. And when Eunji asked why aren't they staying there, she just answered that the business needs to be built near the sea. And she equally loves the sea so it's okay if she leaves by there. 
 
"Look, can you see that?" Chorong pointed somewhere far and Eunji saw some red roof high above. And it was then she realized that it was a lighthouse.
 
"A lighthouse?"
 
"Junmyeon told me that that was one of their hangout places when they were young. It's a bit far from here though. But the view from above was so breathtaking. I wish Baekhyun would take you there one day"
 
"Why Baekhyun?" Eunji asked to which Chorong just shrugged
 
"To make it special? Anyways let's go back. You need still need to prepare for your date" Chorong teasingly said
 
 
 

 
 
 
When they got back Eunji carried Baekhyun's box in. Chorong headed inside first and instructed her to follow upstairs. 
 
"Woah you got these?" Baekhyun exclaimed, he thought that his things were thrown a long time ago. He just came out of his room.
 
"Just put in the the attic first" Chorong said as she headed downstairs. There were currently have a lot of customers so she's needed in the kitchen.
 
"We have an attic?" Eunji asked
 
"Of course we have dumbo" Baekhyun said "Let me" he added and stretched his arms to take the box
 
"It's okay, it's not that heavy. You're needed downstairs. And oh" she stopped "There's no need to call me dumbo" she pouted
 
Baekhyun just sighed and pulled the ladder that leads to the attic. He put it carefully so it won't pull up while Eunji's at the attic. Since the ladder was hidden at the ceiling, Eunji's didn't know about it.
 
"Be careful up there... there's a lot of--"
 
"I'm not afraid of ghosts if that's what you want to say"
 
"Rats and dusts and ... boxes?"
 
"Whatever" She rolled her eyes and just carefully step on the ladder
 
"Just be careful tss" Baekhyun then headed downstairs
 
Eunji disregarded Baekhyun's words but it seemed that he was right. There were a lot of... boxes. And one of them just had to trip her.
 
Eunji sighed as she fell on the floor, with a thud and be showered by dusts. She coughed as she sat properly
 
"Oops" she said as she saw the contents of Baekhyun's box scattered. She picked them one by one to put them bak on the box. They were really just toys of a little boy. But then one caught her attention.
 
A dagger. The handle was perfectly carved and the blade was covered with a thick leather.
 
She thought it was fake, but as she pulled it from the cover she saw that it wasn't. It's a real blade. It's obvious that it wasn't used for a long time but it wasn't covered rust nevertheless. 
 
"Baekhyun played with such dangerous toys?" she mumbled as she examined it more. 
 
There on the two sides of the handle were carved words that she couldn't understand. 'havfrue' was written one side and 'dræbe' on the other.
 
"What could these words mean?" 
 
"Eunji-ah! Are you okay there? Can you lend a hand for a while?" Chorong called from downstairs
 
"Yes unni!" She answered and quickly closed Baekhyun's box and headed down
 
 
 
taking the dagger with her.