X

Fairytale Love: The Little Mermaid
CHAPTER X

 

Eunji just finished wiping the tables. It was already ten in the evening and the café was already closed. She then saw Jongin already back in his casual outfit ready to go home. He just wore his backpack and fixed his hair a bit.

Jongin furrowed his brows when he saw Eunji staring at him, so he went near her and snapped in front.

“Is there something wrong noona?” he asked

“Oh… nothing” she answered but Jongin didn’t buy her answer

“Is something bothering you?” he asked worriedly

Eunji hesitated on answering Jongin. She look up at him and the look down at something else while fidgeting her fingers

“It’s just that, yesterday” Jongin stared at her, waiting for her to continue “About…”

“My girlfriend?” Jongin just decided to finish her sentence, he could just feel that it was what she was trying to say. Eunji then nodded while biting her lip.

“I… I just wanted to say sorry. And… and I shouldn’t be opening up the topic again but I was just worried and really feel sorry, that it bothers me” Eunji explained

Jongin smiled at her and tapped her head gently “It’s okay noona. You didn’t know about her, and besides it’s my fault for being too emotional everytime someone mentions her. But now I have promised myself to move on. If she left me, maybe that means she didn’t love me anymore. I think I really have to forget about her” Jongin said sadly as he played with the strap of his bag.

“Don’t worry Jongin, time will come and you’ll be happy again. You don’t need to forget someone, you need to forget the feelings for that someone. And so the next time you see her, you can already show a smile. That means you’ve already moved on”

“Well I hope that time come by soon”

 

 

 


 

 

Eunji smiled as InGuk went out of the café. It had been a week since he kept coming back at the café. Sometimes he would stay, sometimes he would order a to-go. But he always wanted, or maybe he was just always in time, when Eunji was the one who’s serving him his order.

He always talked to Eunji, the second day he just greeted her casually but as days passed he have been talking a lot. And every day he never failed to complement Eunji’s smile. As if it was attracting him to always come back to the café.

But at the same time, it had been a week since Baekhyun became a little more grumpy. He always tell Eunji not to flirt, he always flicked her forehead, and he always gave them a sharp stare when they were talking.

But Eunji just ignored him. She was just trying to have more friends.

Eunji went out of the café to get some fresh air when she noticed the big-eyed girl again. It was the fourth time that she had seen her. And she was just always outside, as if looking for someone inside the café.

Eunji immediately went down to her and greeted her “Hey”

“Oh” The girl got surprised then suddenly walked away.

“Hey hey hey wait” Eunji said and held her hand “I always see you here, but you’re always outside. Wanna come in?”

“Ah…no it’s fine…” the girl said and suddenly her tummy growled

“Oh you’re hungry? Then you really need to come in”

“It’s ok”

“Our food is good, we have two really good cooks, come on”

“Ah…okay” the girl nodded and just let Eunji to pull her inside the café

Eunji let her to sit on one of the tables at the far side, but she noticed that she was so cautious, even glancing at every corner and everyone inside. Eunji gave her the menu and let her chose her food.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be the one to serve you. I’m Eunji by the way” she said all smile “But, are you looking for someone? I can help you”

“Ah no! I mean… it’s okay.. this is my order” the girl said and just pointed to what she chose on the menu.

“Ah, is that all?”

“Yeah”

“Okay, coming right up!” Eunji smiled again and went to the counter to give the order. “Oh Kyungsoo ah, here are orders. Cook them well!”

Eunji went to other customers first and serve their orders. After a while Kyungsoo rang the bell signaling that the order is up. Eunji went to get the order but Chorong suddenly called for her to help her with baking desserts

“Yes unni! Oh Jongin, serve this to that customer” Eunji said and gave Jongin the tray of food and pointed to the girl that she was talking to earlier, but all they can see was the girl’s back.

“Oh okay” Jongin said and already went to the girl “Here’s your order miss—“ Jongin stopped when she saw the girl’s face. He was surprised to see her there. Of all people.

 

 

 

Jongin tried to act normal and calm after giving her orders. He then hurriedly went to the kitchen and breathes out. Noticing him, Kyungsoo gave him a weird look but the younger just stared wide eye at him

“Hyung…. She’s here” Jongin said to Kyungsoo, he’s his closest among the boys and they all know each other’s story

“Who’s here?” Kyungsoo asked, turning off the gas stove and wiping his hand on a towel

“Kim Namjoo”

 

 

 


 

 

Eunji just finished helping Chorong on baking the desserts and went out, seeing that there were not so many customers, she headed to the girl that she met earlier.

She walked to her but on her way she noticed Jongin and Kyungsoo from the counter peeking through, they looked weird and so they followed their gazes and saw that they were looking at the girl. She was sure of that since there were no other customers sitting near the girl.

Eunji then went to the girl and greeted her “Hi”

“Oh hello” the girl greeted back and seemed nervous

“Can I sit here?” Eunji asked pointing on the chair in front of the girl

“S..sure” she answered and so Eunji sat, from her view she can still saw the two boys peeking

“So uhm, sorry that I’m not the one who served you earlier, I was aked for help in the kitchen”

“It’s fine… but the guy earlier…”

“Why? Is there something wrong?”

“It’s just that….”

“Wait, I haven’t even formally introduced myself, I’m sorry. I’m Eunji by the way”

“Oh, my name is Namjoo”

“Cute name” Eunji said then look again at the boys who were looking at them, particularly to Namjoo, something’s fishy with those guys.

Namjoo noticing Eunji, also looked back to where she was staring, and saw the two boys. Instantly her eyes went wide open and look back to Eunji

“Uhm… is there something wrong?” Eunji asked

“Actually… the reason why I always come here is that… I’m looking for someone” Namjoo suddenly said

“And who’s that? Maybe I can help you”

“I already found him” she said and took a quick glance at the two boys who immediately hid “My ex-boyfriend

 


 

 

[ A/N ]

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO MY B, MY LIGHT, MY LOVE BYUN BAEKHYUN!!!!

I LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH YOU CUTE LITTLE CREATURE ♥

STAY FAB AND SASSY

 

Anyway sorry for updating just now. Thank you for supporting this story even though it's crappy.

 

Love lots  ♥