Goals

How to Tame Your Writer

Once Kibum's tiny tummy was finally filled - and he had more or less forgiven Jonghyun for ruining his meal because he had was undoubtedly capable of making his own food- the tiny boy was sprawled out on a - to him - enormous grey cushion that was situated on top of Jonghyun's bed. He was staring into the other boy's eyes, searching them for answers, maybe even for questions he had never even said.

"You said that you could just leave, yet you're here and you made me take out some paper..." Jonghyun finally broke the silence, running a hand through his messy hair with an exaggerated sigh. Just a minute or two ago Kibum had told him to get some paper and a pen before taking seat on the cushion like he had been born to be there. Somehow, he already seemed to belong to Jonghyun's room, as if he was nothing but a piece of furniture. 

A noisy, bossy but undeniably beautiful one at that. 

"Well, I decided to give you a chance at this. I mean, you really do need that stringy monsters. I don't understand why but that doesn't mean that it can't be important to you, so..." Kibum's smile was almost sweet as he leant ahead a little after pushing himself into a sitting position with a small groan."So, have you ever thought of writing?" he asked.

"Well..." Jonghyun started, not quite knowing what to say. He had always been told that he had a vivid imagination but he never actually sat down to write before. It had been because of various reasons, one being how writing was considered lame those days."No, not really..." he finished finally.

"Well, that's quite the problem." Kibum huffed softly."Hm... I guess that you're still not a lost case, I mean you do have something you want to put your giant dirty paws on, so probably you only need some motivation..."

"Okay, I think I'm a bit confused here. You are here to help me get money by...writing?" Jonghyun was definitely a tough nut to crack but Kibum could see sincere curiosity in his soulful eyes. Sure, he was trying to shield it with a frown that had descended upon his features to show his faux disinterest, but it wasn't very hard to look past it and notice his true emotions.

Kibum had dealt with just enough people to know what it felt to look into a true artist's soul, no matter what they created. There was always something different in their gaze, something that made them unique.

And even though the small creature wasn't quite fond of this one person, Kim Jonghyun definitely had that spark in his eyes.

"What else would we do? Make a video of you singing? Or playing your broken guitar?" Kibum asked with a tiny smirk."Look, I was sent here for a reason. I may not like you, heck, I wish that I could make your drown in a glass of water, but both of us had goals to fulfill and right now, this is our only solution. I am your muse from today, by the way."

"Muse, goals, writing. Seriously, you're kidding me, right? The fact that you came in a box and you are small enough to fit my drawer is weird enough but when you talk like this, it makes me want to throw you out and just forget that you ever set your tiny little feet into my life."

"Well, it's not like you have a choice. You either do as I say and get your lowly little instrument or throw me out and suffer until someone lends you money, which I won't happen anytime soon." Kibum had a sly grin on his lips as he leant ahead and poked Jonghyun's face, hard."You know, sometimes you have to work with your enemy to win." he added."Although...I wish I could leave. Your house stinks and you are an idiot. However, not like I have a choice, especially since you took me in without even needing to be convinced that I'm real. It's apparently the sign of our blossoming partnership, or so the elders say. I think that you are just foolish enough to let a stranger into your home."

"Partners or not, you still aren't making much sense..." Jonghyun muttered."Whatever. So, you want me to write and sell my books." he said slowly, waiting for the tiny boy - apparently, a muse of some sort - nod before continuing."This doesn't make much sense to me but I guess that we will have to try it... Only, no one can know about me writing."

"Well, for now, obviously we won't show your infantile scribbles to anyone. And just as you said, sadly we have to try. I would be the happiest person on this Earth if I could just go back home, but alas, they had to match me with you. At least your family seems intelligent enough."

"How do you know that? You haven't even been here for a full day!" Jonghyun exclaimed."And for your information, I am quite the intelligent person, too. My poor little brother though..."

"Oh, Taemin? He is an adorable kid, that's for sure. His innocence is remarkable." Kibum said with a somewhat fond smile."And I have my sources. I also had the chance to meet your brother a few nights ago. He had a nightmare and I had to explore my temporary home so... I couldn't just let the poor little thing suffer. You do know that he is still terrified of the monster under his bed, don't you?"

"He's just a stupid kid..." Jonghyun muttered, for some reason feeling just a bit jealous of the affection the tiny boy obviously felt towards Taemin.

"Actually, sometimes you should check your own bed." The small creature said with a shrug."You know, until your imagination is endless, nothing is impossible. This is why a creative mind is so amazing. It can imagine and create at the same time. It's definitely a remarkable talent, isn't it?"

Jonghyun wasn't sure why, but he nodded.

And thus, his journey to become a writer had became.